vCash

Has anyone watched Korean dramas before?

So I was looking for something new to watch, and a co-worker suggested Korean dramas. These are like miniseries with around 16 episodes each, and I guess they are watched outside South Korea as well. I know absolutely nothing of the language, but most of them are available with English subtitles for free on sites like viki.com or hulu.com (some are on Netflix too). So I ended up watching one called "My Name Is Kim Sam Soon" and thought it was pretty fun. The plot and dialogue were entertaining, but it was also really interesting to get a glimpse into Korean culture and life in Korea. Has anyone watched any of these?

vCash
    I haven't seen those, but I watched Castaway On The Moon on netflix & loved it!! Really original, funny, touching, really good. It has subtitles.

vCash
    Yes, I've been impressed with the quality of the acting and production in the ones I've seen.

vCash
    My brother loves them. I find them to be overly tragic and formulaic. However, the production values for the most part are high.

vCash
    I watched about half of one call Coffee Prince or something - it was very much romantic soap opera. It was good, but I grew tired of it for some reason. I also watched the skating one, it was pretty OK.

I found some sites that have them for download, and another one where you could get subtitles (fan translations) - you name the 2 files the same, have the right codec for your video player and they show at the same time, very nifty. I don't recall the sites now though.
    Check out my baking blog at http://morethandough.wordpress.com, and like it on facebook. Thanks!

vCash
    I watched a show called Boys Over Flowers and a movie called Sunny. I found them entertaining. I was able to watch them on Netflix. They have shows on hulu too. Also, mysoju.com.

vCash
    I watched a Korean Drama called Jumong which I loved and thought the acting was wonderful. It was a longer series though (81 episodes) and portrays the life of the founder of the kingdom of Goguryeo (most of the details are made up since there's not a lot of historical record, but it is wonderfully dramatized). It is available on Netflix and Amazon. You can also watch it online for free at this site: http://www.dramafever.com/drama/11/1/Jumong/
    Last edited by jenny12; 06-08-2013 at 04:38 PM.

vCash
    Ooh, I'll have to check out the other movies/dramas everyone mentioned. So far "Kim Sam Soon" was the only Korean show I watched, it was kind of like the Korean version of Bridget Jones' Diary and very funny, although the beginning did drag somewhat. After watching that one, I'm jealous of the fact that apparently in Korea, restaurants serve regular meals for breakfast like soup, vegetable dishes, etc. That would be awesome for a hangover LOL!