Thread: Book Help

vCash

Book Help

I have been trying to collect favorite books from my childhood and one book has been driving me crazy for the past several years. I cannot remember the title or author, although I can visualize myself picking the book out from the library and based on the location, the author's last name was in the second half of the alphabet. The book was about a troop of brownie scouts who befriend a disabled girl who loves horses. If anyone read this book and remembers the name I would be so happy if you let me know. I have a large collection of older children's books and would be glad to help anyone out who is also looking for books and can't quite remember the name.

vCash
    I don't know the book you are looking for. Hopefully someone will know it.

However, I do know a good place to look. Abebooks has a forum called Booksleuths where booksellers, librarians, and other book experts help people find long lost titles. it's here - http://forums.abebooks.com/discussio...m?redirCnt=1&=

I just did a quick search on Booksleuths and came up with a list of Brownie Scout books

1. The Brownie Scouts at Snow Valley, 1949
    2. The Brownie Scouts in the Circus, 1949
    3. The Brownie Scouts in the Cherry Festival, 1950
    4. The Brownie Scouts and Their Tree House, 1951
    5. The Brownie Scouts at Silver Beach, 1952
    6. The Brownie Scouts at Windmill Farm, 1953

Could it be one of these?

vCash
    Thanks! I'll check out the forum. I don't think it's any of the books you listed, all too early.