Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Um, time for Back Street Boys to call it a career. Time to move on, boys

vCash
    Backstreet Boys second number

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Aerial Ice didn't make it through
    Can't skate but love to watch

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Awww. Too bad. It's hard for variety acts to compete against the country war veteran.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I'm not surprised. The first performance was interesting because it was unexpected. But, they didn't change up the second performance enough. People liked the tricks but don't appreciate adagio skating. Most people's exposure to skating is the Olympics, this was weak in comparison.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Awww. Too bad. It's hard for variety acts to compete against the country war veteran.
    How true!

vCash
    But Timber got through. He's my eye candy this season.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I'm looking forward to seeing which 4 eliminated acts will be judge's wild card choices.

vCash
    Interesting results. I didn't think the shadow group was all that and I was surprised that the comedian was in 4th/5th and needed the judges. Guess a lot of folks are on vaca or preparing for school.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Shadow groups and light dance groups are getting old on this show for me. Fighting Gravity, Team I-Luminate, Silhouettes were new to me, but now there seem to be a lot of these coming on the show - especially the light dance stuff.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    That was kinda mean how they put the two kid ballroom dancers on the same night, although I get why they did it for the brother/sister angle. But they didn't put any of the choirs up against each other, or the comedians up against each other, or the opera guys up against each other, so I still call mean. I didn't like how they pulled them both up for a vote when you knew one was likely gone. The younger ones were cute and danced well, but I didn't see them getting thru either way. The older brother team were better, and I'm actually surprised they got a Top 3 vote. I was slotting them in at the 4-5 judges vote slot. Still was mean the way they played it out.

I was glad Heidi used for judges pick for the strength act. I don't think they will win, but I wouldn't mind seeing them again. Mel Mel Mel ... Booty Man? Really? Well, okay ... he will be a fun act to watch so I guess its okay. I hope they come up with something crazy fun though like a big orchestra and kids choir or something like that. And you have to figure any judges wild card pick didn't initially get the votes to make Top 4 anyway, so its unlikely they will pull enough votes to get past the semi round, so just picking someone they personally liked is good for me. As long as they are entertaining and make a fun show, which Booty Man will definitely do.

vCash
    I hated the way they did the dancers too but I disagree the older pair is better. I think the older pair is good but is a pretty typical kid's act. I find the younger ones amazing. I would very seldom pay to see any kind of kid's act but I would pay to see them. The problem is the older kids got a flashier dance routine this time, not that it was a true paso doble.

vCash
    Update on the Snapple cup design winner - Justin got a handwritten note from someone at Snapple. He's getting 22 cases of Snapple and he received one of the cups autographed by the 4 judges. His favorite - Hugs Kisses Heidi Klum and a heart. The cups cannot be purchased. They didn't produce more than they needed for the four judges.

vCash
    So tonight was kinda blah for a semi final round. Everyone was off their game a little bit except for maybe Forte and Taylor Williamson. I was hoping for something better from Collins and Howard was kind of right about his trick. Took too long, was too confusing, didn't get to the 'trick' quick enough, and the audience delay killed the momentum. But I still love him. I hope he gets thru to the finals. OMG that last joke from Taylor ... . Brilliant!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    So tonight was kinda blah for a semi final round. Everyone was off their game a little bit except for maybe Forte and Taylor Williamson. I was hoping for something better from Collins and Howard was kind of right about his trick. Took too long, was too confusing, didn't get to the 'trick' quick enough, and the audience delay killed the momentum. But I still love him. I hope he gets thru to the finals. OMG that last joke from Taylor ... . Brilliant!!
    I agree.

A few thoughts.

- Is everything in New York this year so that Howard can keep doing his radio show on schedule?

- No youtube show?

- Only one wild card per judge rather than a wild card show?

I think America's Got Talent is on the wane. I think they need a "snob" judge again.

vCash
    I think the correct 6 got thru tonight (well, except maybe the Dance group; I liked the Duo strength group better). Putting in Catapult over the Guy Singer at least gives a little more variety to the finale show, and I don't think either one would win anyway, so it ain't all that upsetting that Guy Singer didn't get that last slot where the Judges picked Catapult.

Brandon James already has my votes locked up for next weeks show.

Yes, I think its in NYC because of Howard's show.
    Nope, no You Tube show (I don't remember them promoting anything or told you to go vote, etc.).
    One Wild Card per judge, no complete show.

vCash
    Thread crickets...

Anyone watch last night?

vCash
    I watched. All the acts were good, but I think the only act I'd tweet about is Collins Key. The judges always seem surprised when America votes him through --- but I think he is amazing.

vCash
    I couldn't find the thread it was back so far. I still can't believe that Branden didn't make it to the Finals.

I think Forte will probably win. Kenichi has been brilliant, but he seemed to lose a little steam last night, at least for me he did. I loved that piece from last week so much better. But I love love love Taylor and Collins! I'd love for one of them to win. I was so hoping Jimmy Rose would have sung The Thunder Rolls if he was going to do a Garth Brooks number anyway. He kind of lost me with only doing ballads. He should have done something bigger. Cami bores me and always has.

Not necessarily what I want to happen, but here's what I think will happen:

1. Forte; 2. Kenichi; 3. Cami; 4. Taylor; 5. Collins; 6. Jimmy

But I would love it to be: Taylor, Collins, Kenichi, Forte, Jimmy, Cami.
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 09-18-2013 at 09:57 PM.

vCash
    My favorites were Taylor and Collins too. But I think either Forte or Kenichi will win this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast