Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Silvia, thank you so much for the reminder. Can't wait to see them!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Hmmmm....there were a lot of acrobatic acts tonight. It's hard to predict which one of them the audience will vote for. I don't know if Aerial Ice will go through or not. They and the guy who did the ball thingy were probably to two best, but the family had really cute kids. It's hard to say.

The comedian was funny. The rock band was good but they need a new singer. The girl who sang was OK, but I wasn't paying much attention to her. The little country singer was pretty good too. I really can't call it tonight.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Didn't watch all of it. Sorry, but I thought Aerial Ice was weak. They did a few tricks, but it was basically the same thing they did in the first act. The aerials were not that complicated. I get that they are skating on synthetic ice, but one has to assume that if they won, they would be skating on real ice. Not sure why the synthetic ice is such a player. And I know what it is, and that it takes time to get used to.
    Last edited by cruisin; 08-14-2013 at 04:41 AM.

vCash
    Interesting show tonight- judges seemed way more critical of everyone this week than on previous episodes.

Hated the comedian. Didn't think anything was funny.

I had seen Tummy Talk on Jimmy Kimmel and thought they were hysterical- the first time. Definitely loses a lot the more you see them.

Thought Aerial Ice did a great job, but didn't love their choice of music this time. Also, the camera work didn't help them. I have a feeling it appeared way more dynamic in person. The zooming in on certain aspects took away from what the others were doing. There was A LOT going on.

The the young singer (Chloe??) was very talented, but lacked stage presence.

The kid playing drums in that band KILLED IT! Could barely hear the lead singer, though.

It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow night. Not sure who I would put through.

vCash
    I kept trying to think which acts could carry a whole show themselves. The only ones I thought I could sit through for more than one number were Aerial ice and the family of unicyclists. The kiddy band and the singers weren't that great when you discounted their ages - and doesn't Las Vegas have child labor laws? How can kids that young carry whole shows night after night after night? The comedian wasn't funny and the magician/juggler guy didn't hold my interest for the one trick he did.

Seems to me that Aerial Ice would have the best shot at presenting an entire show so I threw all my votes to them.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    I was disappointed in all the acts last night. Aerial Ice could have used more "aerial" work, or maybe it just was't evident/featured because of the camera wok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    I kept trying to think which acts could carry a whole show themselves. The only ones I thought I could sit through for more than one number were Aerial ice and the family of unicyclists. The kiddy band and the singers weren't that great when you discounted their ages - and doesn't Las Vegas have child labor laws? How can kids that young carry whole shows night after night after night? The comedian wasn't funny and the magician/juggler guy didn't hold my interest for the one trick he did.

Seems to me that Aerial Ice would have the best shot at presenting an entire show so I threw all my votes to them.
    Totally agree. Thought the same thing about the Japanese guy that was on last week who created the "video game." What he did was beyond brilliant, but how can that fill an entire show?

At least with Aerial ice, they could run it like a Stars on Ice kind of set up with individual/team performances, and then perform ensemble pieces.

I am obviously familiar with NavBoms and Joel Dear, but does anyone have info on the other skaters? Were they National competitors? Singles? Pairs? They all seem to work very well together.

vCash
    I'm not sure that Aerial Ice could sustain a long term Las Vegas act. Let's face it, most skating shows are not doing well. And a small (6 person) ensemble group would have trouble filling 60 - 90 minutes of show time. They would have to make the group much larger and basically turn it into "Stars on Ice" with aerials, or Cirque du Soleil on Ice. And from what I saw in 2 performances, they are not changing it up much. This works for small Ice Theater performance, but I don't see it in a large venue.

vCash
    I tuned in this season because I like the current judges, even crazy Howard Stern. Can't stand Sharon Osbourne - ick. I respect Howards opinions regarding the acts. He calls it like he sees it. I like all of them. I was bummed that they got rid of the cute boy dance trio from Hawaii; I liked them. Some of the singers have been awful. So nice to see the skaters - I hope they make it through tonight!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I'm not sure that Aerial Ice could sustain a long term Las Vegas act. Let's face it, most skating shows are not doing well. And a small (6 person) ensemble group would have trouble filling 60 - 90 minutes of show time. They would have to make the group much larger and basically turn it into "Stars on Ice" with aerials, or Cirque du Soleil on Ice. And from what I saw in 2 performances, they are not changing it up much. This works for small Ice Theater performance, but I don't see it in a large venue.
    With a Las Vegas sized budget, I could totally see Aerial Ice working. Think novelty and Cirque acts. I could see acrobats, super artistic group numbers, and more aerial. It could run a year or more. No matter what, I would love to see this launch Kim and Brent into the careers that they deserve-- as artistic directors of the show. The blend of artistic and technical that these two create is amazing to me, and I think that they have a lot to offer. Even if you all aren't as enamored as I am, please vote for them if they continue in the competition. The more skating we get on TV, the bigger the sport will become. Hopefully with the Olympics coming up (and given that this is on NBC), Aerial Ice has a great shot at something big!
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    With a Las Vegas sized budget, I could totally see Aerial Ice working. Think novelty and Cirque acts. I could see acrobats, super artistic group numbers, and more aerial. It could run a year or more. No matter what, I would love to see this launch Kim and Brent into the careers that they deserve-- as artistic directors of the show. The blend of artistic and technical that these two create is amazing to me, and I think that they have a lot to offer. Even if you all aren't as enamored as I am, please vote for them if they continue in the competition. The more skating we get on TV, the bigger the sport will become. Hopefully with the Olympics coming up (and given that this is on NBC), Aerial Ice has a great shot at something big!
    ^^^ This!!!!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Aerial Ice wouldn't have to fill an entire show. The winner gets a headliner spot. That's not a full show. It's usually a variety act. They only get 1 show along with the million paid out over 40 years. It's up to their agents to negotiate additional contracts at Vegas. The top 10 acts will be doing a two-month tour this time which is new and good as it gives them more exposure and more oportunities to get an additional contract of some sort.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Sarah Hughes tweeted that she was at the show last night with her sister and nieces cheering for Aerial Ice.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    The problem with Aerial Ice is they have no history on the show. Other than the 45 seconds we saw during the audition shows, we haven't seen any more than a quick shot of them until last night. No fluff piece, no back story. They aren't the only act this happened to, but lack of exposure is not good for them. I'm sure there were many viewers last night who were not aware of them at all - while some of the other acts have had followers for weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    The problem with Aerial Ice is they have no history on the show. Other than the 45 seconds we saw during the audition shows, we haven't seen any more than a quick shot of them until last night. No fluff piece, no back story. They aren't the only act this happened to, but lack of exposure is not good for them. I'm sure there were many viewers last night who were not aware of them at all - while some of the other acts have had followers for weeks.
    That was my concern when they were passed through. Just the abbreviated initial audition and that was it.

vCash
    Watching the recap show now. at the group singing Taylor Swift. It's kind of strange.

vCash
    I'm not making any predictions this week. The local station broke in with fire coverage on and off all evening and I missed a bunch. What I saw wasn't the strongest night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Interesting point. I noticed it as well- very little extra airtime for them. Even on the recap show, every single act was shown in some sort of post-performance exit interview EXCEPT Aerial Ice. Wonder what's going on???

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i apologize for my dumb question but i'm just watching for aerial ice. will we find out if they move on in this hour?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    no, second hour

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast