Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Its confusing cause they are basically running repeats when they don't have anything else to air.

Tuesday's at 9-11p EST is the original weekly performance show.

Wednesday's at 9-10p EST is the weekly Results show.

Any other time you see it on the schedule during the week, its a repeat of something previously aired. Wednesday's at 8-9p is a recap of the previous night's performance, where they show only the actual performance and maybe 1 or 2 judges comments. So you miss an hour of filler.

vCash
    I like Forte much better now with the new guy. I really liked them before but he is something special. He raises the group to another level. I hope this exposure launches their career. I don't expect them to win and would be surprised if they even survived the next round - you never know what the voters will like - but I think they are hugely talented & have great stage presence.

BTW, I pre-record & then watch the shows with the remote in my hand. Anyone who doesn't wow me gets zapped. The judges & Nick get zapped. The back stories get zapped. When the top 10 is formed they will repeat the back stories again so I'm not missing anything - in the meantime I'm not forming my opinions based on sympathy. I can watch a 2 hr show in about 30 mins.

vCash
    According to their FB page, Aerial Ice will be on next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post

Thank you thank you thank you! (Dradt! There's no :bow: emotocon!)

So, that means Tuesday at 9pE?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by momnatur View Post
    So, that means Tuesday at 9pE?
    I believe so.

vCash
    I liked a lot of the acts last night. A number of them performed very well.

Chicago jump rope guys - lots of energy and their director has put together an entertaining act.
    Chinese dancers - maybe too delicate for Las Vegas, but I really liked it.
    Brother and sister rock band - good duo. I think for recording contract, rather than Vegas.
    Woman Singer - I thought her nerves showed and she needs better stage work but she may get through.
    Guy singer - I'm not in love with his voice - he looked better and chose a good song
    Kenichi - LOVE his dancing. I don't think his act was as affective over TV as it was in person - the judges raves helped him a lot.
    Marion Ross' son / impressionist. I thought he got stronger as the act went on. By the time he got to Woody Allen, he was on a roll.
    Military wives chorus - Some great voices. More touring concert material rather than a vegas act.

I think the vocal acts will get divided, woman, man, chorus. One of them may get through, but they may cancel each other out.

I'll take a shot,

Kenichi
    Chicago jump rope
    Woman or man singer
    Chorus or rock band

Those are not necessarily my favorites - except Kenichi.

vCash
    My picks:

Bro & sis rock duo
    Ross's son/impressionist
    Military wives chorus
    Magician

vCash
    I didn't like the super-hyped acts (Chicago boys--very messy; woman singer--nothing special; military wives chorus--very pitchy), but I did like Kenichi, the Chinese dancers, and the impressionist. Would be very surprised if the Chinese dancers made it through, though.

ETA: Yup, I was right! Apparently, messing up landings (several, not just the 1 with the broken leg) = precision.
    Last edited by altai_rose; 08-08-2013 at 03:18 AM.

vCash
    I will say that I liked the woman (Deanna?) singer's choice of song so I went back to the original http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loWXMtjUZWM . I like the original better.

vCash
    I preferred Deanna to faux opera guy, but I'm ok with the results. The choir is a major vote getter, Kenichi is amazing, and the Chicago Boyz are great performers.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post
    But, it says on the AGT site that they are eliminated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Where do you see that?

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    No, it doesn't. The aerial balloon act listed next to them was eliminated. Aerial ice hasn't performed in the semis yet. They perform Tuesday.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    It was changed. They must have made a mistake and corrected it.

vCash
    Is there a link to Aerial Ice's full performance anywhere? All of the clips I've seen just have snippets of it.

vCash
    That's all that was shown. If there is a longer video, it will probably have to come from the skaters themselves. I think they are contractually restrained from talking or posting anything more until after the broadcasts are over.

vCash
    I was guessing that the producers only showed the snippets because they had high expectations of Aerial Ice making it to the finals so they wanted to keep it interesting. I may be way off, but I only watch parts of the show occasionally so that is what it seemed. They even got a standing ovation from the judges. Thanks for letting us know they are to be on next week.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Watch and vote tonight! http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Excerpt:
    Figure skating takes the stage Tuesday night on NBC as the aerial skating team Aerial Ice makes its bid for the America's Got Talent semifinals. Twelve acts will compete live on the Radio City Music Hall stage during the live show, and viewers will have the opportunity to vote by phone and online.

Aerial Ice is made up of U.S. world team ice dancers Kim Navarro and Brent Bommentre, professional pair Tosha Hanford and Chris Trefil, and aerial skating artists Angela Kim and Joel Dear. The sextet has been hard at work putting together a routine they hope will capture the imagination of a huge nationwide audience and put them one step closer to the prize.

"We're really excited," Navarro said. "We've been watching the shows on Tuesday night and when I watch, I have to admit, I get nervous. It's a huge stage, and Radio City is so iconic. The production is so good."

"It's much bigger," Dear said. "The proscenium is much higher, and the stage itself is larger. We're planning to use the larger stage. We have more synthetic ice we're using this time to help with filling out the space."

Four acts will move on to the semifinal round, vying for the ultimate prize of $1 million and the opportunity to headline a show on the Las Vegas Strip. The winner will also star in a two-month tour of several acts from the show.

To vote for Aerial Ice on Twitter, tweet "#voteAGT Aerial Ice" after the show.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I can't watch tonight, but I'll check this thread and vote for Aerial Ice if someone can post the number for them. Thanks!

Do twitter votes count the same as a phone vote?
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I can't watch tonight, but I'll check this thread and vote for Aerial Ice if someone can post the number for them. Thanks!

Do twitter votes count the same as a phone vote?
    I don't think so. I think you can only vote once on twitter. I'm not an expert on the voting, though

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast