Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    So Special Head didn't make it through tonight?

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    No, he didn't.

Acts are: Branden James (singer), Collins Key (magician), Acrobat Boys (can't remember their name), and Anna Christine (singer)

Very happy with all of those. Acrobats, eh, they are entertaining and I can see how they got the votes, but I don't see that being a one hour show in Vegas. It will pretty much be the same act all the time just with different costumes. I would rather The Hitmen than them.

vCash
    Hitmen weren't as tight as they were in previous auditions. I think the staging hurt them. If you advertise 4 buddies, you should be able to see them interact.

Anyone think they're be another judges choice this year. If so, I think Howard would put them through.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Shameless Snapple vote request
    Justin K is the son of a good friend of mine. Can you see your way to voting for his Snapple cup design?

PS - be sure to use the arrows to rotate so you can see the full design
    Last edited by Sassafras; 07-25-2013 at 10:24 PM.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Notice the Snapple cups in front of the judges? My friend son (Justin K) was the winner of the design contest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post
    Notice the Snapple cups in front of the judges? My friend son (Justin K) was the winner of the design contest.
    I wondered about that. Congratulations to Justin. What was the prize?

vCash
    Tonight's show was kind of a dud for me. Everyone seemed to be off their game, and no one was a knock out for me like some acts last week (Branden and Collins). Going in, I liked Forte, Marty and Angie, but they weren't as good as past performances. No one really was. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see B-OO-TY Man getting a Top 4 spot. Tomorrow nights vote show should be interesting to see who will get Top 4 because its really kinda up in the air on everyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    What was the prize?
    Just bragging rights, I think.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Tonight's show was kind of a dud for me. Everyone seemed to be off their game, and no one was a knock out for me like some acts last week (Branden and Collins). Going in, I liked Forte, Marty and Angie, but they weren't as good as past performances. No one really was. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see B-OO-TY Man getting a Top 4 spot. Tomorrow nights vote show should be interesting to see who will get Top 4 because its really kinda up in the air on everyone.
    I do hope the booty song becomes a one hit wonder.. I couldn't get it out my head.. yes I agree nerves got to everyone tonight I think except for Forte they were the best act for me..gave me chills.. and I thought Angie's impressions were good.. the danger acts I don't see as I have to look away.. should be interesting for the results show tomorrow..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    I'm counting on all you folks out there in Skating Land to let me know when Aerial Ice will be on next. I saw episode 1 in NYC and had a VERY hard time watching all the extraneous bull-hokey (which was about 99.9% of the show.)

Please Please Please keep me up to date on their progress. Their act looks amazing!

vCash
    We won't know. We might know at the beginning of the show, but that might only be 5 minutes before they are on. You will just have to have courage and watch.

I watch as I work. I usually DVR the show and start it late so I can skip all the junk and still finish on time.

vCash
    Watching the live results show. Robin Thicke is more fun with TI and Pharrel.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'm surprised the girl dance/acrobat act went through. My guesses may be totally wrong tonight. The people who voted last night were smoking crack. I can't believe Marty the country guy got through. He was the worst act of the night. At least Forte went through. Strange night.

Doesn't look like Nav/Boms are on next week. Must be week after.

I'm glad AGT top 10 or 12 are going to do a tour. I'd go. I love variety acts.
    Last edited by rfisher; 08-01-2013 at 03:16 AM.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by momnatur View Post
    I'm counting on all you folks out there in Skating Land to let me know when Aerial Ice will be on next.
    They showed a quick view of who is on next week and they ain't on, so its either 2 or 3 Tuesday's from now as there are 5 Rounds of finalists, and next week is Round 3.

vCash
    Watching the recap I liked Forte alot more tonight for some reason. They easily got the Number 1 slot I think. But that the Dance Act and Marty were 2 and 3 was kind of ... wow. But then again, everyone kind of was a dud last night and I picked the winner of each group correctly as Nick called them. There really wasn't another choice. I am really surprised Booty Man didn't slide in there with a Top 4 though just because they were so fun and likable ... and people like to screw with the votes. I would have liked to see what else they could do with the song ... like with a big orchestra like Howie said. That would have been funny. I hope they work on something like that for the Finale Show.

I kind of like the fact that both last week and this week the Judges split their decision on the 4th act, and went straight with the actual votes of who got 4th place. I would rather that because its the way the viewers voted so I kind of feel like that is the person who should get the 4th spot. Wonder if the judges do that on purpose.

vCash
    Finally got a chance to finish watching the show. I liked Forte - I liked their choice of song and I liked the way they blend. I think their voices are more suited to this kind of music rather than grand opera. On the other hand, I thought the rhythm was a bit stodgy and the singing was all on one level. I wonder how they sound when they sing softly. I know they only have 90 seconds and they are in a big auditorium so there isn't much choice but to go big.

I also like the impressionist. I think she's appealing. I don't know if her impressions are always spot on so we'll see.

I felt badly for the country western singer. I thought he was out of his element tonight. He is much better with just a guitar. Too bad as I thought he might have a shot to win it all. Maybe he still will. It was a pretty weak night.

I don't like the booty song but the guys can certainly perform.

vCash
    Thank you, folks for all the updates.

Question for the collective regarding this AGT think: don't the acts appear once on Tuesday and again on Wednesday? Or am I way off base?

Thanks, again, for all your help.

vCash
    The Wednesday 8 PM ET show, is a repeat of Tuesday's program.

vCash
    So when is the Results show on?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by momnatur View Post
    So when is the Results show on?
    The results show is after the recap show on Tuesday. There is also a repeat show on Sundays. You will want to check your TV schedule.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast