Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Loved the Pole Guy tonight (the guy that Mel B. knew). And that his first move was pulling himself up that pole with no support other than his hands .... dayum. Took me back to elementary school gym class where I couldn't climb that damn pole not even one handhold to save my life.

Loved the country singer dude too. And the 14 year old that sang her own song was very good, but I bet she could be even better as she seemed way nervous to me.

And I was thinking that last lady was actually going to turn out to be good with all the games playing they were doing with her. Eh, at least she was funny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    ^^ uhm, how DID that dancer do the head thing by the way??!!! I watched it back a few times and still couldn't catch how he did it. I was expecting him to be one of those dud performers who they kind of set up knowing it will be a bad audition, but wow ... he was brilliant!
    They repeated the version with the dancer last night so I really watched for the head thing. It has something to do with the coat. He raises the neck of the coat while he lowers the head and it looks like he is doing that impossible thing with his head. It's very cool.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I watched both Tuesday and Wednesday's shows last night and they were really funny shows. The bad comedian with the stool softener -- and what did he say to Mel B - when you get to be 75, you should launch a perfume and call it Old Spice. My husband loved him.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Kim Navarro & Brent Bommentre were 2 of the 6 members of "Aerial Ice" that I recognized: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyr2loqQIok
    ETA that the other 4 are Joel Dear, Tosha Hanford, Chris Trefil, and Angela Kim.
    IN article published today: Aerial skating act wows audience, judges on 'AGT'
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Quadless
    vCash
    Aerial Ice were (was?) fantastic! Great to see skating branch out and reach a new audience. And it's wonderful that such talented athletes have a vehicle to express themselves.

I look forward to seeing Joel's choreography for the group. If any of you follow(ed) the Young Artist Series, Joel was a finalist one season, and among his many memorable works was a piece for Nathan Chen called Nathan and the Spider.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash

Has anyone ever been to a taping of the audition shows? I've always wondered how they do them .... is it one audience/one show and they are there for 6-8 hours? Do they tape maybe three 2-hour shows per day and filter in new audiences? A single 3-4 hour show in each city? I have always wondered how they are filmed.
    I'm quite sure there's a weeding process before anyone gets to go before the celebrity judges. I'm not sure what they look for - probably a combination of the worst and the best - and shock value, of course.

vCash
    I felt badly for the lady on the unicycle with the bowls. She was one of my favorite auditions. I'm also disappointed she was in the "danger" category. What's up with that. I thought she would have been in the acrobatic section - although she doesn't really fit in either. Maybe there should just be a "circus" category. It would be cool if they put her through anyway but I don't think that will happen.

I didn't like most for the "danger" acts. They were just too foolishly dangerous. I would pay money to see them I would pay to see the lady with the bowls.

Does anyone know if the skating act got to perform again or if they were just sent home?

Answered my own question - Sk9tingfan just posted
    US Figure Skating just tweeted that they made it through directly to NYC - Radio City Music Hall
    Cool.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I'm quite sure there's a weeding process before anyone gets to go before the celebrity judges. I'm not sure what they look for - probably a combination of the worst and the best - and shock value, of course.
    And back stories.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Did anyone else feel HORRIBLE for the younger sibling dance team that had the fall? The Kids category is tough to watch sometimes.

I'm excited to see so many of these acts live now that they have picked who is performing at Radio City Music Hall in NYC.
    Last edited by ilovepaydays; 07-18-2013 at 03:20 AM.

vCash
    Yes, especially when she started crying. But I loved the interaction with their coach backstage with him explaining how it happens, it won't be the last time, its how you recover. And they did recover very well for such young kids because they got up and kept right on going and she didn't lose it until after she was done.

But regarding the kids acts ..... how the hell did the Screeching Kids (and she couldn't even 'sing' when she actually did sing tonight) get thru when the Dark-Haired Country Girl Singer with the Cowboy Hat got cut when she was actually the best singer of the kids group!! At least I thought she was! When all 4 of those kids sang I thought surly Screeching Kids would definitely get cut, Dark-Haired Country Girl definitely thru, and the other two thru depending on the slots they were trying to fill, meaning if they were only filing 1-2 Kid Singer Slots, the Dark-Haired Country Girl Singer definitely gets a spot. Those Screaching Kids are absolutely awful compared to the other three acts in the Kids group tonight.

And how does Special Head get thru? He sits on a board and he gets thru when better acts get cut?! It looked to me like there was some kind of panel hidden in the back of his pants for him to lean on to keep his balance. And as for that back bend, well I've seen lots of dancers do balance moves like that so I'm not impressed with him at all. Unless they were padding the groups to get certain people the votes (and backloading the groups with surefire losers), I don't understand some of the cuts tonight versus some awful acts that got thru.

I love love love the Magician Kid! How the hell did he do that trick! I'll definitely be voting for him next week.

vCash

But regarding the kids acts ..... how the hell did the Screeching Kids (and she couldn't even 'sing' when she actually did sing tonight) get thru when the Dark-Haired Country Girl Singer with the Cowboy Hat got cut when she was actually the best singer of the kids group!! At least I thought she was! When all 4 of those kids sang I thought surly Screeching Kids would definitely get cut, Dark-Haired Country Girl definitely thru, and the other two thru depending on the slots they were trying to fill, meaning if they were only filing 1-2 Kid Singer Slots, the Dark-Haired Country Girl Singer definitely gets a spot. Those Screaching Kids are absolutely awful compared to the other three acts in the Kids group tonight.

I love love love the Magician Kid! How the hell did he do that trick! I'll definitely be voting for him next week.
    I agree about the screaming girl - please go away. Also agree about Chloe, the 11-year-old country singer. She has stage presence and she has the pipes without straining. I also like the 16-year-old magician. He may have to show a big trick in New York - I hope he can keep his connection with the audience. I think they could both be finalists.

I was thrilled that the unicyclist with the bowls got through. I guess I better learn her name.

vCash
    Just a rhetorical question. If Fred Astaire and Eleanor Powell showed up doing this number (for example) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37XhIuqsWVk do you think they would get through? It seems like anything understated doesn't stand a chance

One other thought - I would like to see one of the women singers adopt a classic pop style (like Ella Fitzgerald).

vCash
    I was thrilled that the unicyclist with the bowls got through. I guess I better learn her name.

I like Bowl Lady too. She has an entertaining stage presence and flourish to her movements that I liked. And I also need to learn her name, along with most of the others. I give them nicknames because that's the only way I can remember who they are. Like Old Guy Country Singer. He's sweet too.

vCash
    Bowl Lady will work just fine.

vCash
    Brandon! Damn. I think I need to split my votes tonight.

Collins Key (magician) ... seriously how does he do that! I know all magic is just a trick, but how the hell does he do those tricks! He is very likable and entertaining and he's getting my votes as well.

Everyone else was kinda blah for me. And please please please let the Screeching Kids go home!!

vCash
    Brandon's song was the right choice. I don't see him as an opera singer. He's more a light opera or musical singer. I hope he stays with that genre of music.

I think Collins could win this.

The screeching should go and, please, can we be done with Special Head?

The winners for tonight - Brandon, Collins, The rock band, and maybe the comedy strength act.

vCash
    The screeching should go and, please, can we be done with Special Head? .
    Oh gosh I forgot all about him. Yes, he can go (and should have never gotten out of Vegas round 1!). He botched the trick (at least I think he did, I could see his head just like Heidi said). And I loved it when Nick said about him being on the roof of the building and being out of breath! Well, uhm yeah ... cause he like just ran out there really fast an all.

Poor Anna. She was really nervous and once she lost her timing I think she kinda freaked a little in her head. I think she's much better than she sang tonight. And did the music track mess up? It seemed like the music track was not right. That was too bad. I think she could have gotten thru tonight with a good performance, but she might not now due to an off performance.

As long as Brandon and Collins make it thru, I would be good with most anyone else (except Screeching Kids and Special Head!).

vCash
    I don't watch the show, so forgive me for sounding clueless (but I am). When is the next time Kim & Brent et al will be on TV?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    I don't watch the show, so forgive me for sounding clueless (but I am). When is the next time Kim & Brent et al will be on TV?
    Not sure. I think there are 4 (3?) shows of live (Radio City Music Hall) audition - 12 acts per show. Then the acts are cut to 4 out of the 12. The acts that get through go to the finals.

vCash
    I would have picked the Hitmen, but that's OK.

I haven't heard anything about the youtube acts. Is there a youtube competition this year? Also, what about the show where rejected acts are asked back. Do we get that this year?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast