Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chanunderrated View Post
    Kim is also the queen of PCS in the judges eyes. She almost always gets the highest, but on rare occasion only 2nd highest at a World event but that is rare. Gao in PCS is often like 7th in the U.S.

Kim is the greatest ever ...
    Barf. I am SO sick of hearing this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by munow View Post
    Kim has the best basic camel in the current field.
    No, she doesn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...fxvpAE0#t=173s

Her leg is lower than her head. If she pointed her toe more and lifted her leg better, maybe she could improve it.
    Last edited by BmcC102; 06-05-2013 at 04:54 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BmcC102 View Post
    i'm tired of everything! Comparing threads like who is the best ever or who is better between 00 vs kim ? how many of her rivals? kwan witt ando sotnikova osmond.. blahblah..
    They were made by others' fans, for only fun or support their favorites.. usually her fans don't make. and i think not only me, many her fans are not glad to such kind of threads...
    Last edited by karlon; 06-05-2013 at 05:13 AM.

vCash
    Gao is fine as she is. But to contend near the top, she needs a little more speed, bigger elements, MUCH MORE attack and natural expressiveness. Hopefully her coaches can work on these qualities along with the 3/3 and 2axel.

Gao does remind me of a early Kim with her lyricism (the Lark Ascending days...).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    I just read the OP's first two sentences and nothing else as yet. The reason: I just have to say before I read any further that in many ways, Christina Gao is a more aesthetically pleasing skater in terms of gorgeous lines and positions (particularly in her layback spins vs Yu Na, who frankly has ugly spin positions).

I think both Yu Na and Christina could be more expressive on the ice, although once again, I feel that Christina exhibits a bit more emotion and perhaps she will improve further with maturity. In Yu Na's case, I feel that she has a very reserved personality which makes expressing herself freely on the ice somewhat difficult.

So in fact, Yu Na is not "as good" as Christina in some respects. IMO, where Yu Na does tower over Christina is in nearly perfect technique on jumps. Yu Na was like a machine at London Worlds in terms of technical brilliance. And yes there was some deep emotion under the surface that appeared to be driving Yu Na, but for me practically none of it spilled over into her performance. It was like she had a job to do and she was simply fiercely determined to get it done and freakin' NADA was going to stop her. That was Yu Na's attitude, which Christina could use some of in her approach to competing. But again, they both could benefit from projecting more to the audience.
    Yeah...., well... she drew the biggest applause from the audience.
    Last edited by lakewood; 06-05-2013 at 01:58 PM.

vCash
    The only similarity i see between the two is they have a similar body shape and are both Asain. THATS IT

To say that Gao 3F+3T is the best is ridiculous. Gao's components are extremely weak without comparing to Yuna. Gao is very inconsistent. She has an aweful 2A that is worse than caroline zhang.

vCash
    Can I start a new one :

Poykio the same skater as Kwan essentialy, why didnt she do better?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Can I start a new one :

Poykio the same skater as Kwan essentialy, why didnt she do better?
    Because Poykio was not an American.

vCash
    Hicks is essentially the same skater as Slutskaya, why isn't she a champion yet?

vCash
    Identity theft for skaters? If the judges are against you, steal the identity of someone who looks similar and start over?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Because Poykio was not an American.
    No, Poykio was not an American but Gao is and if Gao is the same skater as Kim essentially, why doesn't Gao score as high as Kim essentially?

vCash
    Gao is a better comparison to Kim than Gold at least, who made it into this thread. I mean, they both have speed and big jumps, but Gold has a completely different on-ice personality, build, spinning technique, and carriage compared to Kim. They are quite opposite really. Gold is essentially a stretched out version of Harding.

vCash
    The big difference between the two (I know this thread is about their similarities) is that Yu na has a lot of personality and expression on the ice. It is a natural ability for her. I don't see it in Chritina. Also I think Christina is lacking in power and attack. About her mental toughness, I don't know yet. She has not faced the kind of pressure Yuna has faced most of her career.

However, if Christina develops into a top skater, this could be an interesting comparison. I may notice some similarities at that point. Right now I did not even think of them in the same bracket.

vCash
    Going back to the original question... I think that the mental toughness and impact are the two things that come to mind immediately. Kim proved this year that her mental toughness game is in a league of its own. She can do perfect programs when it counts over and over again. Gao struggles with that and has a ways to go.

Kim interprets and feels the music like non other and conveys her belief in the concept extremely well. It doesnt hurt that her speed and power are not subtle... Lastly, she has everyone drinking her Kool-Aid which the most important of all LOL

vCash
    butyrskafanatic is essentially the same person as the other trolls new posters who have started threads in the Trash Can. How long can this go on before the person in question gets banned from FSU?

vCash
    I will second this statement! Gao has never really captured my interest and for me Kim is only slightly more interesting then Gao.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleWallie View Post
    Yuna's spin positions are quite fine apart from her leg extension/toe-point on the layback. Her camel spins, sit spins, I-spins and non-basic positions are very good. There's more to a layback--in particular the back arch--than the legs.
    Yes. And there's more to a good spin than nice-looking positions.

vCash
    I'd put Yu-Na and Christina in the same boat with spins. Overall both have good but not great spins. I prefer Christina's leg position in her layback to Yu-Na's, though I prefer Yu-Na's back position in her layback to Christina's. Christina has a very nice sit spin, Yu-Na has a very nice layover camel. Both have decent combination spins but there are those with much better positions...

Yep, same boat there.

BTW, Pinky I love your statement about Gracie: "Gold is essentially a stretched out version of Harding." I totally see that

vCash
    Then STOP reading out everything you see.

And always prepare a few sickbags on FSU. You'd need plenty of it next season... until the Olympics for sure (Then buy a big bucket and a few pillows)

vCash
    Is there a Christina Gao fan thread up? If not this could serve as it. I dont like making new threads on the forum so I searched for a thread under title Gao and found this old one. Can Gao make Olympics? Are there any other Gao fans on this forum.

As for the comparision to Kim, Gao isnt as good but maybe she can be the next Yu Na Kim in one sense in that she can be a late bloomer who sucked as a teenager but found great success in adulthood. Go GAO!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast