Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

Armin Mahbanoozadeh announces his retirement & college plans

@Armin_hammer just tweeted:

Hello Twitters! I am announcing that I will not be competing this coming season or for the foreseeable future. I am a full time CompSci...
    student and I have many amazing plans for my future. I want to sincerely thank everyone who has supported me throughout the years and for...
    some of the most amazing friends and fan a person could hope for. I wish everyone the best of luck this Olympic season and into the future.

A direct shoutout to Kana and everyone at @arminfcjpn for being so supportive in my career. You all have a dear place in my heart.

And to finish up with the most appropriate gif I could find http://25.media.tumblr.com/f3a27291d...5yr7o1_400.gif
    ETA: Armin wrote a personal message that was published earlier today in his Japanese fan blog (run by Kana), but it has since been removed and I'm told a new message will be posted for his fans in a few days.

I feel like I've watched him grow up and wish him all the best in the next exciting chapter of his life!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-03-2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: To add an update re. his personal message & explain why the link to it has been deleted
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Oh I always love his commitement to skating and his originality

I wish him all the best!

vCash
    : I can understand, though, that he wants to get on with his life. Just sorry he didn't ever reach his potential.

'bye, Armin Mahbahwoolah!!!
    Last edited by LilJen; 06-04-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    One of Armin's career highlight skates - 2010 Skate America in Portland, Oregon where he won the bronze: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qysORp4-BVU
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-04-2013 at 03:49 AM. Reason: To add location of SA
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Aww, I'm gonna miss watching Armin compete! But yeah, I feel like he was sticking around the past few years to try and make the Olympic team, and with only 2 spots up for grabs and his not doing well at this past Nationals and not getting any GPs, the odds are definitely not in his favor to make it. And at almost 22 waiting until 2018 would likely mean postponing college further, and by then he might be past his prime anyways. He's so smart though so I'm glad he's going to college full-time now, and while he's still relatively young and can enjoy the typical college experience only being a few years older than most of his classmates. Hopefully we'll get to see him in shows or something. Best of luck to him!

vCash
    I will miss seeing him in competition; and wish him the very best with his future plans.
    He is extraordinarily gifted. Whatever path he chooses, Armin will be successful.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I'll miss his skating, but he's such a smart kid I can see why he'd want to pursue his educational goals as well. Best of luck to him in his future.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Glad he is continuing his education but sorry to see him leave the ice.

vCash
    I will miss him. It was only fun to see him around.

vCash
    I'm glad he's finally off to college. Where is it he finally decided to attend?
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    :
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Is Armin going to UPenn as a fulltime Comp Sci student, or a college in Colorado?

I wish him all the best~ I was captivated by his freeskate in-person at Liberty in 2010.

vCash
    I applaud his GIF choice

vCash
    I wish him all the best.

vCash
    I was hoping he would switch countries...he is so talented. What a shame.

vCash
    Wish him all the best! I'll miss him

vCash
    I always enjoyed his skating. Wish him the best, it's great to be both a talented skater and a smart young man

vCash
    Awwwwww. Very sad news. I loved Armin, and I too will miss seeing him skate. He really is quite a wonderful skater who would have been champion of a small country. So sad when they end. Best of luck to Armin. Hope he has a happy, healthy, and fruitful life!

Not summer :(
    vCash
    Good luck to him! I really enjoyed his skating...
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Awwwww. I lurved him and was really pulling for him to breakthrough to the top. He had the talent and ability.

But good for him that he seems happy and excited about his plans though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast