Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

vCash
    Please be Menshov! Please be Menshov!

vCash
    This GP season has sucked bad. Underwhelming performances from a lot of the top skaters and all the withdrawals has made this a forgettable season so far. I was looking forward to this GP season with Kim coming back and the younger Ladies in the mix it felt like finally there was a full roster of the top skaters going against each other for the first time in about 4 years all leading up to the Olympics. Then Kim withdrew and it's been downhill ever since.
    Last edited by Jammers; 11-14-2013 at 01:27 AM.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    The right decision!

vCash
    I'm just sickened by all the injuries plaguing the skaters this year. I feel bad for all these skaters and it seems Sochi will be a game of survival of the fittest.
    Having said all that, among the skaters who ARE healthy I'm not seeing much that gets me excited. So far only a handful of singles skaters (Mao, Daisuke, Ashley) come to mind as having programs that get my attention for their worthiness of the rings. I just feel pretty meh about the whole season so far...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    So far only a handful of singles skaters (Mao, Daisuke, Ashley) come to mind as having programs that get my attention for their worthiness of the rings. I just feel pretty meh about the whole season so far...
    If he can skate clean, I think Chan's programs are certainly Olympic worthy. He just floats through both like he's skating on air (I'm not an uber, I just love the music and programs)

vCash
    (I'm glad a skater gets the opportunity to compete yeah!)

I'm just sickened by all the injuries plaguing the skaters this year. I feel bad for all these skaters and it seems Sochi will be a game of survival of the fittest.
    Having said all that, among the skaters who ARE healthy I'm not seeing much that gets me excited. So far only a handful of singles skaters (Mao, Daisuke, Ashley) come to mind as having programs that get my attention for their worthiness of the rings. I just feel pretty meh about the whole season so far...
    I feel the same way.

vCash
    Skaters competing at this level are pretty much perma-injured.

vCash
    Joubert out of CoR and too late to be replaced I assume. Gailhaguet, go to hell please.

Meh. This season sucks.

vCash
    I bet that a lot of the injury withdraws are more to do with caution than anything serious. I would err on the side of caution this year if I were in contention for an Olympic team berth. Just sayin'.. There are six GP events every year. One Olympics every four.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    We need to start the 'plane ticket money for late replacement skaters' charity!

vCash
    YAYYYYYYYYY!

I think it's not necessarily that skaters are more injured, just that because it's an Olympic year, they're less willing to take risks and much more likely to withdraw at the first sign of trouble, because everyone wants to be fit and healthy for February.

vCash
    They should just re-enlarge the fields knowing that people will drop out. It would be a win-win. Fans would have decent sized fields and federations wouldn't have last minute expenses.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Joubert officially out. Obviously far too late for a replacement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Obviously far too late for a replacement.
    This is really annoying. There has been talk for a week, if not weeks, about his withdraw. I really think they are waiting this late to prevent other skaters from getting points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    This is really annoying. There has been talk for a week, if not weeks, about his withdraw. I really think they are waiting this late to prevent other skaters from getting points.
    Yep, starting to seem like too many are trying to game the system. The ISU cannot possibly believe that this GP season was a success.

vCash
    Well, Mao Asada and four Japanese men are poised to make the GP Final in Japan - what's not successful about that?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiejie View Post
    Yep, starting to seem like too many are trying to game the system. The ISU cannot possibly believe that this GP season was a success.
    I don't think they could care less.

vCash
    so we were officially robbed of the -joubert-goodbye, damn!

ps:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROutmMIo5-k
    (2:20min, for the good old memories )

vCash
    I was expecting a much better GP series then we've had the last couple years since it looked like it was going to be a full field of skaters heading into an Olympic year. But then Yuna withdrew and it's been one skater after another getting hurt or withdrawing for whatever reason. The skating hasn't been the greatest either.

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast