Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Prick Admin
    vCash
    Menshov competed in Nice last weekend, so his visa for France/Schengen could still be valid.

vCash
    MenshovMenshovMenshovMenshov *fingers crossed*

vCash
    Apparently Kevin Reynolds has withdrawn from CoC. Is his injury serious? Any information? Thanx.
    http://isu.sportcentric.net/db/isu_f...em.php?id=1428
    Kevin Reynolds (CAN) has withdrawn.
    "You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you'll just Smile."  --by john turner and geoffrey parsons

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Argh, too late to get Ge into the only event for which he doesn't need a visa.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I bet he'd be up for it even at such short notice

Hope it's nothing too serious for Reynolds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I bet he'd be up for it even at such short notice
    He will probably accept, but I don't think Chinese federation will bother inviting him two days before the competition

It's so unfair. Poor Ge, I hope he won't be too upset about all the bad luck he has this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    China is a huge country but maybe he lives relatively nearby. A real shame.

vCash
    Just because he lives there doesn't mean he doesn't need a visa to compete, right? At least here (and of course, every country sets their own rules) a visa that lets you live and train in the US doesn't necessarily let you work in the US. I'm pretty sure I've read about this before.

I'd love to see the first five alternates as of October 1st on each of the disciplines list funded to get visas in advance for each of the GP events.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Just because he lives there doesn't mean he doesn't need a visa to compete, right? At least here (and of course, every country sets their own rules) a visa that lets you live and train in the US doesn't necessarily let you work in the US. I'm pretty sure I've read about this before.
    Is a competition considered work?

vCash
    Majorov gets the spot at TEB, too bad for Menshov.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Why are all theses athletes withdrawing so late?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    It's not like they didn't know about their injuries earlier. Submitting withdrawals so late denies other skaters an opportunity to replace them.

vCash
    Maybe they were hoping that they would be able to skate. A lot of skaters skate injured at some stage of their career, so if a skater is injured, usually they can't estimate how much better it will get by the time their event is due. Usually you think 2 weeks is plenty of time, I will feel much better. And then suddenly the event is here and they are still not able to skate properly.

vCash
    Maybe they really hope they'll be well enough?

Or maybe they are all evil and know if they wait no one will replace them and ranking points won't go to someone else?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    It's not like they didn't know about their injuries earlier. Submitting withdrawals so late denies other skaters an opportunity to replace them.
    True, but if you for example do your back, you don't know if you are going to be ok in one week, two weeks or three weeks. They can't read the future. They don't want to withdraw and then be back to full health by the time the event arrives, and not be able to skate because they had withdrawn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Apparently Kevin Reynolds has withdrawn from CoC. Is his injury serious? Any information? Thanx.
    http://isu.sportcentric.net/db/isu_f...em.php?id=1428
    The Skate Canada statement gives the reason as skate issues, lost training time, but no mention of injury.
    http://skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDe...S/Default.aspx
    Last edited by Fort; 10-31-2013 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Because a working link is useful. :/ Thanks, Sylvia!

vCash
    I think that most athletes hope to go and keep their options open until the last moment. It is a shame though that then they won't be replaced.

As for Kevin Reynolds, per press release of Skate Canada, he has equipment problems.

I was actually hoping the French would invite Tomas Verner. After his senior B-wins he is on the alternate list as well. He doesn't need a visa and he is not too far away.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Just because he lives there doesn't mean he doesn't need a visa to compete, right?
    I think he's already helping his parents coach in China. China may consider competitions work, but I doubt it, and the "employer" is the ISU, with the money going to the Federation. The skater isn't directly employed by anyone in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I bet he'd be up for it even at such short notice .
    I'm sure he would, but I don't think the Chinese Fed will appoint him. I'd love to be wrong. Within 7 days the ISU has to approve a "no replacement.". Even if this is a rubber stamp, it's still a formal process, and there's nothing forcing the Chinese Fed to ask.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    I think that most athletes hope to go and keep their options open until the last moment. It is a shame though that then they won't be replaced.

As for Kevin Reynolds, per press release of Skate Canada, he has equipment problems.

I was actually hoping the French would invite Tomas Verner. After his senior B-wins he is on the alternate list as well. He doesn't need a visa and he is not too far away.
    Politics , Verner's win really makes him a treat for the title and hurt french interests, but it is still sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Politics , Verner's win really makes him a treat for the title and hurt french interests, but it is still sad.
    Yes, I know. I thought that they don't invite him, because he is too strong now and could beat Florent Amodio if he skates well again.

Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast