Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post

Leonova is scheduled for NHK. I haven't read whether she expects to be ready for it.
    Maybe Hicks will get that 2nd spot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Is that how it works? Coz otherwise I think C Zhang would accept the invitation in a heartbeat. It gives her a direct ticket to Nationals and 2 months of uninterrupted training.
    Yep. National federations always have to ok entries to any international competitions (non-ISU and adult ones as well).

vCash
    Apparently Leonova is out of NHK. Too late for a replacement sadly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Apparently Leonova is out of NHK. Too late for a replacement sadly.
    oh no, do we have any details?
    after her withdrawal form skate canada she mentioned it was due to a minor injury and should be okay little later. something more serious or just not in competitive shape?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Not necessarily too late for a replacement. It's > 7 and < 14 days before the Team Leaders Meeting for NHK a week from Thursday. The GP Announcement says nothing about this period. It would be too late for CoC.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I donít know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    If there is a replacement, Kexin ZHANG would be the most likely, being close by.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I just checked the ISU documents: the last Ladies grid is dated 21 October and the last website roster is dated 17 October. Leonova is on both, at least at this moment. If her withdrawal isn't official by Thursday, then it will be within 7 days and the ISU can waive a replacement.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I donít know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Not necessarily too late for a replacement. It's > 7 and < 14 days before the Team Leaders Meeting for NHK a week from Thursday. The GP Announcement says nothing about this period.
    And because it doesn't, the organisers will surely interpret it in their favour. ;P

But yeah since there's no official update yet, that point is moot anyway. Maybe they asked her to not submit her replacement until 7 days before.

(Or maybe the poster who said she's out was wrong )

vCash
    And because it doesn't, the organisers will surely interpret it in their favour. ;P

But yeah since there's no official update yet, that point is moot anyway. Maybe they asked her to not submit her replacement until 7 days before.

(Or maybe the poster who said she's out was wrong )

But the Japanese fans do LOVE their figure skaters-- I can imagine disappointment if all of the rosters aren't full. I bet they make the effort to fill the spot.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I don't have all of the printouts, and some of my dates may be the first printout I have with evidence of a withdrawal or replacement, but from what I have in the last two years:

Of the skaters who withdrew between 8 and 13 days before the Team Leaders Meeting, last year:

*In Pairs, two were not replaced, and one was. One pair withdrew more than 14 days of the TLM, but wasn't replaced, but last year was desperate for Pairs, and at some point, they ran out of eligible substitutes. It wasn't until Scimeca/Knierem won one of the Senior B's that they had an eligible replacement, and they replaced Yankowskas/Reagan (who had replaced Marley/Brubaker) at NHK.

*In Ladies, Czisny was not replaced at NHK.

This year, China made two replacements at the 10-day mark, one host replacement (Guo for Geng) and then Korobeynikova for Gosviana).

With the exception of one pair last season, all of the 14-day or earlier withdrawals were replaced, and none of the 7-day or later withdrawals were replaced.

vCash
    I don't have all of the printouts, and some of my dates may be the first printout I have with evidence of a withdrawal or replacement, but from what I have in the last two years:

Of the skaters who withdrew between 8 and 13 days before the Team Leaders Meeting, last year:

*In Pairs, two were not replaced, and one was. One pair withdrew more than 14 days of the TLM, but wasn't replaced, but last year was desperate for Pairs, and at some point, they ran out of eligible substitutes. It wasn't until Scimeca/Knierem won one of the Senior B's that they had an eligible replacement, and they replaced Yankowskas/Reagan (who had replaced Marley/Brubaker) at NHK.

*In Ladies, Czisny was not replaced at NHK.

This year, China made two replacements at the 10-day mark, one host replacement (Guo for Geng) and then Korobeynikova for Gosviana).

With the exception of one pair last season, all of the 14-day or earlier withdrawals were replaced, and none of the 7-day or later withdrawals were replaced.
    Wait, didn't Nagasu replace Czisny at NHK last year?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

Question

Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Wait, didn't Nagasu replace Czisny at NHK last year?
    No, Nagasu replaced someone else, I recall (Shelepen?).

Romain Ponsart's name has been crossed out from TEB in the 10/29 update: http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=4862

ETA link to a translation of Ponsart's injury status from earlier this month: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4025864
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-29-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    No, Nagasu replaced someone else, I recall (Shelepen?).
    It was Shelepen, who was replaced by Nagasu on the 12 November GP grid. Czisny was crossed out on the 14 November GP grid.

ETA: TEB is within the mandatory replacement period. It's a host pick, but with Besseghier and Amodio already there and Joubert not eligible for another assignment, the only French Men to score over 140 (total) in competition this year were three Juniors who skated JGP (Hocquaux, Tesson, and Tetar), and it's hard to imagine that the French Fed would send one of the others.

The Top Five alternates for Men are:
    23-Menshov (NHK, week before)
    25-Voronov (NHK, the week before)
    27-Rogozine (SC)
    28-Majorov (SA)
    31-Ge (none)

On the bubble: 34-Balde (SC)

Majorov would be the cheapest to send, and he'll probably get it , but if I were thinking of the audiences I'd pick francophone Balde. (Argh, I skipped Voronov inadvertently.)
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 10-29-2013 at 05:20 PM.

vCash
    With Ponsart out, Im reposting Kwanfan's list of current alternates to keep it fresh:

Men:
    23-Menshov (NHK)
    25-Voronov (NHK)
    27-Rogozine (SC)
    28-Majorov (SA)
    31-Ge (none)

On the bubble: 34-Balde (SC).

I guess Majorov would be my bet to get the spot.

vCash
    Knowing French fed, they probably won't give an opportunity to one of their skaters so I would also bet on Majorov (as he's close and he's not a threat to their men).

vCash
    Knowing French fed, they probably won't give an opportunity to one of their skaters so I would also bet on Majorov (as he's close and he's not a threat to their men).
    It's not like they have any really strong up and coming skaters to give a host pick to.

Too bad it won't go to Ge.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    From his tweets, he's been having a horrible time getting visas this year, worse than ever. China was his only hope, since he's living there now, but there were no WD's by Men in CoC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    It's not like they have any really strong up and coming skaters to give a host pick to.

Even if Ge did get picked, he has had so many visa issues this season, I would be surprised if he were actually able to show up.

vCash
    If a non-french skater gets the spot I hope it goes to Menshov

vCash
    As been said Ge has lots of visa problems. Menshov and Voronov are skating a week earlier in Japan which means travelling issues and them being russian some visa issues too. Majorov is the easiest pick.

Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast