Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    No, just the skaters' expenses. The skaters' federations pay for the coaches' expenses.
    ETA relevant excerpt for the GP Announcement:
    Thanks for the correction. I must have imagined I saw the word "coach" somewhere in that list but it definitely isn't there. At any rate, my point stands--I doubt the competition organizers want to pay for extra skaters, and I vaguely recall that the ISU (well, maybe just Speedy) wanted to keep the GP to the topmost skaters and reducing the rosters made it more likely that replacements wouldn't have to reach below the top 30-40 SB list. Perhaps the number of injury/illness withdrawals have been greater than the ISU expected over the last couple of years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    All of the Men who finish SA will get some WS points.

Gosviani's PB is .64 higher than Hicks'. It was earned at 2013 Euros, while Hicks' was earned at a JGP with a shorter program and one less element in the FS. Gosviani scored 157.12 at Nepala; Hicks scored 171.88 at Salt Lake City almost a month earlier than Nepala, and she won the event.
    I suppose there is a reason why the scores from B competition don't count into personal best scores. Two B competition results may not necessarily be comparable. Let's see if Hicks gets 171 points at GP event or at 4CC or Worlds.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I suppose there is a reason why the scores from B competition don't count into personal best scores. Two B competition results may not necessarily be comparable. Let's see if Hicks gets 171 points at GP event or at 4CC or Worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Gosviani has not been skating well so far this season? Says who? She did place second on senior B a few weeks ago, so there is not that much difference between Gosviani and Hicks. Gosviani has higher personal best than Hicks.
    You were the one who brought up the senior B for Gosviani. Placement depends on the field. Scores and protocols are more telling.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    You were the one who brought up the senior B for Gosviani. Placement depends on the field. Scores and protocols are more telling.
    I didn't, Marco did (post 525). Marco wrote that Hicks already won one senior B competition. So I responded that Gosviani was already second in one senior B competition this season. I never claimed that the scores from the competitions would be comparable. By the way, Gosviani also won one senior B competition at the end of the last season. Winning B competition does not really indicate how good a skater is or whether they do or don't deserve second spot at GP events more than anyo other skater. I am not trying to kick Hicks down, I just can't see what brilliant result she achieved (neither this not last season) that she would deserve her second spot more than anyone else from this little group of skaters who are currently at the top of the list. They are all at a very comparable level.

vCash
    Imai is officially added to the roster of CoC

and Martiusheva/Rogonov to NHK trophy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Martiusheva/Rogonov to NHK trophy
    yea yea yea !

vCash

So now Prölß / Blommaert are No.1 on the substitute list? Hope they still get one though the chances are slim

vCash

I'm so happy for them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    So now Prölß / Blommaert are No.1 on the substitute list? Hope they still get one though the chances are slim
    I think they have a very good chance of getting TEB if James/Cipres aren't ready

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    it would be great for the team; it was so sweet to see them at nebelhorn (with her mother i assume), where annebelle mentioned, that ruben calculated the world standings after this season and how big their chances will be to get a grand prix; and he immediately started to talk how big/small their chances are if these and these things will happen
    great team!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    There is no #1 on the substitutes list. A host can pick any skater/team in the Top Five that is eligible, and it makes strategic sense for the host to pick the one who is likely to be the least competitive for their own skaters, the ones for whom visas aren't an issue, the ones who are cheapest to transport, especially at the last minute, etc.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Updated subs lists:

Pairs:

7.5-Purich/Tran (TEB, ranking based on T/T's 2012 Worlds score)
    28-Prolss/Blommaert (none)
    29-Wang/Zhang, if they're in, otherwise 35-Kemp/King (none) are in Top Five
    32-Della Monica/Guarese (TEB)
    34-Vartmann/Van Cleave (SC)

If Wang/Zhang are active and waiting, then 35-Kemp/King (none) are on the bubble. Otherwise, 37-Calalang/Sidhu (none) are.

Under last year's rules, 34-Vartmann/Van Cleave would have been the GP (total) minimum cut-off, and 38-Donlan/Speroff, winners of Nepala, would be in if Wang/Zhang are not, or on the bubble, if Wang/Zhang are in. However, 35-Kemp/King (Euros) and 37-Calalang/Sidhu (Jr. Worlds) made the new GP TES minimums at eligible competitions.

Ladies:

31-K. Zhang (CoC)
    33-Gosviani (RC)
    34-Hicks (SC)
    35-Korobeynikova (CoC)
    36-Glebova (none)

On the bubble: 37-Sonia Lafuente (none).

Men:
    23-Menshov (NHK)
    25-Voronov (NHK)
    27-Rogozine (SC)
    28-Majorov (SA)
    31-Ge (none)

On the bubble: 34-Balde (SC).

Dance:
    13-Coomes/Buckland (TEB)
    14-Stepanova/Bukin (SC)
    18-Sinitsina/Zhiganshin (NHK)
    19-Zlobina/Sitnikov (SA)
    21-Kolbe/Caruso (NHK)

On the bubble: Guignard/Fabbri (SC)

• ISU can agree that no substitutions are required for Skate Canada (within 7 days of the SC Team Leaders Meeting).
    • It's in the undefined period for substitutions for Cup of China (between 8-13 days before the CoC TLM).
    • Substitutions are "required" for NHK, TEB and RC (14 or more days before their TLMs).

vCash
    shouldn't Yoshi Helgesson, who had to wd from CoC be on the list too?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    shouldn't Yoshi Helgesson, who had to wd from CoC be on the list too?
    "Non-seeded skaters/couples will not be invited to another event in replacement if, by medical reason, they withdraw from an assigned event."

The GP Announcement doesn't distinguish between non-seeded skateres with one or two assignments.

vCash
    yes, but she had only one assignment, isn't she up for another?

vCash
    How will it work with Denis Ten? I assume he's seeded.

Will one of the other Grand Prixs have one more man than normal competing to let him in? Or will they wait for an opening (there always seem to be openings) and slip him in?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missing View Post
    How will it work with Denis Ten? I assume he's seeded.

Will one of the other Grand Prixs have one more man than normal competing to let him in? Or will they wait for an opening (there always seem to be openings) and slip him in?
    It doesn't matter if someone is seeded - a skater who withdraws from a GP doesn't get a replacement one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    It doesn't matter if someone is seeded - a skater who withdraws from a GP doesn't get a replacement one.
    kwanfan1818 a few comments above states that: "Non-seeded skaters/couples will not be invited to another event in replacement if, by medical reason, they withdraw from an assigned event."

I took that to mean that seeded skaters would be invited.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I quoted the section that was relevant to Joshi Helgesson, who is a non-seeded skater.

vCash
    Skaters who placed in the top 6 at Worlds used to have the option to do 3 GPs. Is this still true?

Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast