Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    For SA ticket holders, I'd say this substitution is to be welcomed. As a performer, Jason excites me more than almost any other US skater in any discipline.

vCash
    Woo hoo, so excited to see another favorite in person!!!

(Who the heck am I supposed to root for, though? Could we please just have a 4-way tie for gold between Jason, Adam, Kozuka, and Takahashi??)
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I know it's been said before, but the men's field at SA is nuts. I feel like almost anything can happen.

vCash
    Fabulous news.

vCash
    If anyone has information for me, I would much appreciate it on this...I read (through another thread here on FSU) that Chris Reed actually skated at Nebelhorn Trophy with a torn meniscus in his right knee, and is looking into consults for possible surgery..this of course could really alter the Reeds' schedule on the GP (or completely take them out altogether..so unfortunate, it true!)...My question is..can anyone figure out who would be the likely substitutes for their assignments if they have to pull out? Thanks!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Originally posted upthread:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3986466

Dance:
    • 13-Coomes/Buckland (TEB)
    • 14-Stepanova/Bukin (SC)
    • 18-Sinitsina/Zhiganshin (NHK)
    • 19-Zlobina/Sitnikov (SC) (SA)
    • 21-Kolbe/Caruso (NHK)

with 22-Guignard/Fabbri (SC) and Heekin-Canedy/Dun (RC) next in line.

------

If the Japanese Fed doesn't appoint one of their other dance teams -- we saw a couple of lower-level teams at BC Summerskate -- and they give up the spot, the alternates group will be used.

Sinitsina/Zhiganshin and Kolbe/Caruso are already there, and Coomes/Buckland skate in Paris the following week. If they go by strict groups, then it's between Stepanova/Bukin and Zlobina/Sitnikov. If they add in skaters to give the Japanese Fed a greater choice, then Guignard/Fabbri and maybe Heekin-Canedy/Dun would be added into the mix.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 10-01-2013 at 08:25 AM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Thanks for the info Kwanfan!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Sorry, I forgot the Reeds' Skate America assignment

Any of the skaters in the group of Top Five except Zlobina/Sitnikov, who are already assigned to SA, could go to Detroit, even the skaters at Skate Canada, since the trip is only from Detroit to New Brunswick. They might not want to, but it could be an advantage, especially since it's unlikely that any of them would make it to GPF, and they could have one break in their training for competitions instead of going back and forth and adjusting to different times zone. They'd already be adjusted to Eastern Time from Skate America. The Hubbell/Donohue are scheduled for SA and SC.

Since everyone in the Top Five and the next three have at least one, any GP assignment knocks them off the list, and whoever is left of the seven listed above will be the new Top Five alternates group, with Tobias/Stagniunas next in line to move into the group. Tobias/Stagniunas would be the first team outside the Top 24 SB.

ETA: Jason Brown is now listed for SA on the Men's listing dated 1 October.

Current Top Five Groups:

Pairs:
    • Purich/Tran (split couple, TEB)
    • Davis/Brubaker (returning split couple, SC)
    • 18-Matiusheva/Rogonov (CHN)
    • 22-Denney/Frazier (NHK)
    • 29-Wang/Zhang (none)

If Wang/Zhang are no longer a couple, then Della Monica/Guarise (TEB) is the fifth in the group, and Vartman/Van Cleave (SC) are on the bubble, followed by Kemp/King(none).

Men:
    • 23-Konstantin Menshov (NHK)
    • 25-Sergei Voronov (NHK)
    • 27-Andrei Rogozone (SC)
    • 28-Alexander Majorov (SA)
    • 31-Misha Ge (none)

On the bubble: Elladj Balde (SC), followed by Zhan Bush (none)

Ladies:
    • 27-Imai (RC)
    • 31-Zhang (CoC)
    • 33- Gosviani
    • 34-Hicks (SC)
    • 35-Korobeynikova
      36-Elena Glebova (See hanca's correction below.)

Sonia Lafuente Elena Gebova (none) is on the bubble, followed by Joshi Helgesson (CoC)Sonia Lafuente (none).
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 10-01-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Ladies:
    • 27-Imai (RC)
    • 31-Zhang (CoC)
    • 34-Hicks (SC)
    • 35-Korobeynikova (CoC)
    • 36-Elena Glebova

Sonia Lafuente (none) is on the bubble, followed by Joshi Helgesson (CoC).
    So where is Gosviani?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Argh, I yellowed her out on my list as having two. She's between Zhang and Hicks, and Glebova's on the cusp. I'll go fix it.

vCash
    http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/pa...v-list,00.html

As of today, Simpson/Blackmer have been crossed off the GP pairs list at Rostelecom

vCash
    Why?

I've always loved this pair, especially her fierceness and long lovely lines. And I think their "Titanic" is a signature piece for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toddlj View Post

As of today, Simpson/Blackmer have been crossed off the GP pairs list at Rostelecom
    Have they even been training at all? There were rumors of a split this summer, but then they did show up at Champs Camp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toddlj View Post

I just now checked the Rostelecom page and their name is still there?

Btw, I was thinking/hoping mayhap Donlan & Speroff would get that spot???? But I have no clue...

vCash
    Simpson/Blackmer's names are crossed out in this Oct. 4th update: http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=4778

See post #408 above for the current, projected group of 5 pairs that are next in line based on the GP selection "rules."

ETA from the GP Announcement:
    7.6 Replacements
    Skaters/couples, who place first in the following international competitions
     U.S. Senior International 2013 (Pairs included in the competition)
     Nebelhorn Trophy 2013 (Pairs included in the competition)
     Ondrej Nepela Memorial 2013 (Pairs included in the competition)
     Finlandia Trophy 2013
     Cup of Nice 2013 (Pairs included in the competition)
    and can prove to have skated the minimum total score or the minimum Technical score as mentioned in paragraph 2.3, as well as skaters/couples, who can prove to have skated the minimum Technical score will be added to the alternate list, bottom ranked according to their scores.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-04-2013 at 11:44 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thank you, Sylvia, I just now opened the file. I wonder whom will replace them?

vCash
    Lol it's a bit over my head, and I'll just say CONGRATULATIONS to whomever gets the now opened up Rostelecom spot!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vexlak View Post
    I was told that Joshi Helgesson may be injured and not make the GP in China...
    yes, she is. And it is not going well. She skates mostly on one food because the doctor prohibited her to do edges on the other one. And she has to wait 2,5 more weeks before she sees the doctor again, so not to much time to get ready for COC. But we have to wait... to know more
    http://joshihelgesson.se/skada-2/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    yes, she is. And it is not going well. She skates mostly on one food because the doctor prohibited her to do edges on the other one. And she has to wait 2,5 more weeks before she sees the doctor again, so not to much time to get ready for COC. But we have to wait... to know more
    http://joshihelgesson.se/skada-2/
    I think you meant foot, right?... I was all ready to talk about bad eating habits before i realised it was an typo.

P.S. I know i have fa bigger mistakes, but food could also make sense here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiejie View Post
    For SA ticket holders, I'd say this substitution is to be welcomed. As a performer, Jason excites me more than almost any other US skater in any discipline.
    Jason Brown is one of the most exciting skaters in the history of figure skating, IMO.

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast