Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun Y View Post
    Now that Frank Carroll makes it fairly clear Lysacek is not going to Skate America, will someone else be assigned to replace him? Who are the men's alternates? (Sorry I'm too lazy to look up the list of best scores.)
    It will not be an alternate from the ISU list. It will be an American man. It will likely be Jason Brown or Alex Johnson.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

Spitting Nickels
    vCash
    But since Evan is a host pick, it will definitely go to a US contender. Brown, I hope; though perhaps since he's at the top of the alternate list, they may play strategy instead and go with someone who won't otherwise get a pick, like Carriere or Hochstein.

ETA: Jayar beat me to it. (But I don't think Johnson is ready to compete yet)

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    A host pick possibility is Stephen Carriere who won the silver medal in SLC. I'm not sure of Alex Johnson's current status - believe he returned to the ice in late August after having ankle surgery earlier this summer.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks Sylvia. Has to be Brown then.

ETA: OK so the host pick may not necessarily be Brown. Since I'm going I really hope they pick Brown rather than Carriere, Hochstein, or Razano. Johnson couldn't have been competition ready 35 days before so I don't think he'll make it either.
    Last edited by Jun Y; 09-24-2013 at 02:24 AM.

Spitting Nickels
    vCash
    Thanks Sylvia. Has to be Brown then.
    I'd be thrilled if it was Brown, don't get me wrong, especially because I'll be in Detroit to see it.
    But if he doesn't get it, the logic involved would be that Brown could get another assignment, as he is on the top of the alternate list, and so won't need the host pick. (Plus, he already has one assignment; so perhaps USFSA will want to "spread the wealth.")
    I actually do think they will go with Jason. But it's not a "done deal."

(Evidence that they might go with Brown instead of a "spread the wealth" choice: They went with Hubble/Donohue over K/G-S in Dance.)

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Now that Frank Carroll makes it fairly clear Lysacek is not going to Skate America, will someone else be assigned to replace him? Who are the men's alternates? (Sorry I'm too lazy to look up the list of best scores.)
    It's a host spot, so there is no alternates list, unless the host gives up the spot altogether. USFS can appoint any American ISU-basic eligible -- age, not held by another Fed, ec. -- who doesn't already have two assignments and wasn't submitted on the JGP list back in the spring. I don't know if host picks had to be on the senior list from the spring, or if skater/teams can be added later.

I hope Brown gets it: he's a pleasure to see live.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    She can just Popova.
    +1

vCash
    Kim WDed from GPS.
    http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=4742

The reason is injury of her right foot. It'll take 6 weeks to recover.
    http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?...aid=0002396247
    Last edited by rosewood; 09-26-2013 at 09:33 AM. Reason: to add the article
    "You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you'll just Smile."  --by john turner and geoffrey parsons

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    James/Cipres have been removed from the Skate America roster. They're still listed for TEB.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Shame, I was hoping to see her at TEB!
    Scores of Yu-na fans are getting their flights to Paris cancelled as we speak...
    Touching the void.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Kim WDed from GPS.

I hope it's nothing major so that she'll be able to do well later this season. First Kiira, now Yuna - and the season has barely started! I'd really like to see both of them back in good form and nobody else getting hurt.

vCash
    Popova was added to TEB...from nothing to two assignments in about a week!

ETA: In theory, the SA pairs spot should go to Purich/Tran since they're a split couple, right? (since Takahashi/Kihara already have two and Davis/Brubaker can't go as there are already three American teams at SA)
    Last edited by Stephanie; 09-26-2013 at 10:48 AM.

vCash
    Deleted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Kim WDed from GPS.

vCash
    Sorry about Yuna being out of the series. A slight positive spin on this: This adds to the mystery...so whoever wins the GP Series will go into Olys wondering what's under wraps.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I hope it's nothing major so that she'll be able to do well later this season. First Kiira, now Yuna - and the season has barely started! I'd really like to see both of them back in good form and nobody else getting hurt.
    I hope they both recover quickly and have a good season. I don't know if it's been discussed in another thread, but Kaitlyn Osmond posted on Face book that she has a "stress issue" in her foot and has been in an air cast for a month. she is just getting back on the ice. Cross your fingers for a healthy Olympic year for everybody.

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by googooeyes View Post
    I hope they both recover quickly and have a good season. I don't know if it's been discussed in another thread, but Kaitlyn Osmond posted on Face book that she has a "stress issue" in her foot and has been in an air cast for a month. she is just getting back on the ice. Cross your fingers for a healthy Olympic year for everybody.
    Hadn't heard this. Hope to see you on ice soon, Kaetlyn!

vCash
    Gosh.... THREE pre-season injuries already among the top ladies. First Korpi, and now it's Osmond and Kim. I will find comfort in that reportedly none of them has to go through a surgery.

vCash
    I'm not worried about Yuna nor Kaetlyn, they're both mentally tough and their injuries are not potentially career ending like Sarah Abitbol's, Tara Lipinski's, Deanna Stellato (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deanna_Stellato), just to name a few.

Rather, I prefer to see the glass half full, and see their injuries in the same vein as Michelle Kwan during the 1997/98 Olympic season wherein she sustained a stress fracture to her foot, had to wear a cast, sat out the GP, and came back roaring at '98 Nationals and the Olympics.

Wonder whom will replace Yuna and James/Cipres?

Spitting Nickels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Wonder whom will replace Yuna
    There is some discussion that it could be Miki; but AFAIK, even if Miki wins Nebelhorn (which is a big if, considering Radionova's monster score potential) it still only would add her to the bottom of the sub list. I think the five options for replacing Kim would be:
    • 27-Imai (RC)
    • 31-K. Zhang (CoC)
    • 32-Lacoste (SC)
    • 33-Gosviani (CoR)
    • 34-Hicks

Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast