Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Briber of judges
    vCash
    Imai is the most likely choice for Skate Canada.

If Kira has to withdraw from TEB, which seems likely, I'd expect Gosviani or Korobeynikova to get the invite.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Imai is the most likely choice for Skate Canada.

If Kira has to withdraw from TEB, which seems likely, I'd expect Gosviani or Korobeynikova to get the invite.

Do the ladies in the alt group get two gps before ladies like Hicks get one? Thx

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Based on how we saw assignments doled out previously, after the inital roster is put out, there does not seem to be a set way the invitations are made.

I think there is still a possibility we may see Hicks getting a GP assignment though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    For clarification, Jeremy Abbott is assigned to SC and NHK, not SA.

Imai is currently only assigned to RC
    Oops. Thanks for the clarification. My brain meants SC (obviously since that's the event Korpii just withdrew from)...but my fingers typed SA.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Morgan Cipres recently underwent surgery on his right wrist and it's still unknown whether or not James/Cipres will be ready to compete at Skate America (the French fed. apparently think it's possible) - link to the French skating news thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3992886
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Briber of judges
    vCash
    : My eye candy quotient at Skate America will vastly decrease if James/Cipres have to withdraw.

vCash
    I know it can't happen, but it would be nice if Hicks could get Agnes spot at Cup of China. Agnes won't do anything, but two triples if she's lucky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Obviously Lacoste won't be the replacement, so I'm guessing it will be either Imai or Popova. I hope it's Popova, I feel like she earned a GP spot with her strong finish at Worlds last season.
    I'm hoping for Popova also since, unlike the other ladies in contention, she doesn't have a GP yet. She trains in the NY area so would be relatively cheap to fly in.

Spitting Nickels
    vCash
    I have to go over my history for last year to prove this; but I think there was at least one instance where, since someone (like in this case, Lacoste) was already assigned to the event in question, the person in the 6th position (like in this case, Hicks) was moved up into consideration. I remember it being a little confusing at the time, but I do think SC will be given 5 options for replacing Korpi.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Was it when there were only three choices? What were the circumstances of the other options (ex: couldn't get visa in time, at an adjacent event, too many skaters from that country, etc.)?

If they do allow a fifth, then Hicks would join the mix.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Title-less
    vCash
    From a fairness pov I hope Popova gets picked since she has none, though I won't complain if Hicks gets one

vCash
    Popova has now been added to Skate Canada:
    http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=4721

ETA - Korpi has also been crossed off of TEB - since all of the alternates now have one assignment, the list hasn't changed. Someone up thread had speculated Gosviani or Korobeynikova, but the latter hasn't made it on to the alternate list yet.
    Last edited by Erin; 09-19-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I'm hoping for Popova also since, unlike the other ladies in contention, she doesn't have a GP yet. She trains in the NY area so would be relatively cheap to fly in.
    She can just Popova.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Hicks deserves a spot in at least one Sr GP event. Of course, that would upset the NBC-USFS marketing plan even further.

vCash
    Yay for Popova!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Yay for Popova!
    yay too. i would have bet for imai.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Popova has now been added to Skate Canada:
    ETA - Korpi has also been crossed off of TEB - since all of the alternates now have one assignment, the list hasn't changed. Someone up thread had speculated Gosviani or Korobeynikova, but the latter hasn't made it on to the alternate list yet.
    Gosviani joined the Top Five alternates list when Cesario was assigned to TEB, her second, to replace Silete on 2 September, and Gosviani could have been chosen instead of Popova.

Hicks is on the bubble. She was mentioned in case a skater is moved into the group if one of the skaters in the Top Five is ineligible for that event, in this case, Lacoste.

Korobeynikova is after Hicks on the SB list.

The only place I see enough data to see if skaters stay in the Top Five after being assigned for their first off the alternates list is last year's Pairs -- Montalbano/Krasnopolski, who never made the GP minimum -- but they were, literally, down to their last eligible team, since Donlan/Speroff's SA score didn't count towards the GP minimum, and Scimeca/Knierem won one Coupe de Nice just in time to make it to the bottom of the list. The GP Announcement says nothing about it.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 09-19-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    I hope Joshi Helgesson get ready in time, but she is still not on ice

vCash
    Now that Frank Carroll makes it fairly clear Lysacek is not going to Skate America, will someone else be assigned to replace him? Who are the men's alternates? (Sorry I'm too lazy to look up the list of best scores.)

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    From a Sept. 3rd post in this thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3986466
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    The Alternates lists look like this at the moment:
    Men:
    • 22-Brown (TEB)
    • 23-Menshov (NHK)
    • 27-Rogozine (SC)
    • 28-Majorov (SA)
    • 31-Ge

with 34-Balde (SC) and 35-Bush next.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-23-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast