Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Title-less
    vCash
    I dont think seasons bests from sr Bs count?
    I suspect there is something in the line for Hicks or she wouldnt move up; at first we thought she would get SA but that isnt it

vCash
    I don't know if it counts. I thought it did because how else the skaters that don't have GP (skaters from countries that don't have very strong skating program) push through and get invited to GP? there must be a way how to get in. Or at least it earns points towards the ISU point ranking, if that is good for something...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    she can do a few B competitions and get some points so that she gets high season best and next year she gets GP event.
    The only senior B that counts towards the SB list is Nebelhorn in the years it is the Olympic qualifier, and Cain has been assigned, with Baga and Lam the substitutes. Hicks is currently over 500 points away from Top 24. I don't see more than a few being removed from the list altogether, and even with a good placement at 4C's if she makes it -- the top US Ladies are unlikely to go to Taipei two weeks before Sochi -- it will be close. On the other hand, 4C's may be her best chance to earn SB points; I think the Olympic team is a long-shot unless everyone else wipes out under pressure. (I doubt USFS would be as savvy as the Russian Fed and send a "B" team skater to WTT, like Russia did with Monko/Khaliavin, to get her a SB.)
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I donít know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    If Hicks skates well/medals in SLC then she could get a second Senior B like Max Aaron did last year. Hicks has an automatic bye to 2014 U.S. Nationals so sending her, for example, to Ice Challenge, which conflicts with Sectionals in November, would not be an issue.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-30-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I actually prefer H/D to S/S and C/B, but like K/GS just as much, so I'm torn. Are there any Senior B's out there for Ice Dance?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    A couple of pages worth, if USFS will send them.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I donít know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Are there any Senior B's out there for Ice Dance?
    See the U.S. Ice Dance news thread in GSD - I've listed which teams have Senior B assignments so far (4 teams in Salt Lake, 1 each at Nebelhorn, Nepela, and Finlandia) with Ice Challenge still TBA.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-31-2013 at 03:12 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toddlj View Post
    As much as I love Lynn and Logan, I think it's clear that there are only four teams in contention for Olympic and Worlds spots this year, and that USFSA is trying to get those four teams as much exposure as possible. Sadly, it would appear that Lynn and Logan aren't one of those four teams.

(I still hope they can kick butt and get in the mix.)
    I like H/D and expected the SA assignment for them when K/G-S didn't get it before Champs Camp. This lack of confidence vote for K/G-S, though, could be so discouraging that they quit before Nationals (I believe others have done it) and I do hope that doesn't happen. I like them and was hoping that they would skate beyond the Olympics to see what Igor would do with them with more time.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Conga View Post
    I like H/D and expected the SA assignment for them when K/G-S didn't get it before Champs Camp. This lack of confidence vote for K/G-S, though, could be so discouraging that they quit before Nationals (I believe others have done it) and I do hope that doesn't happen. I like them and was hoping that they would skate beyond the Olympics to see what Igor would do with them with more time.
    They're not quitting. Here's a snippet of something Logan posted on my Facebook yesterday in response to my disappointment that they didn't receive the spot (my FB is public so hope he doesn't mind me sharing here):

As much as we wanted the SA spot and have worked hard to prove that we deserve it, so have Madi and Zach. That should definitely not be taken away from them. If anything, this will motivate us to work even harder towards US Championships where we hope to see all of you!!! You never know what's in store for the rest of the season.
    Looking forward to seeing them in SLC!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    They're not quitting. Here's a snippet of something Logan posted on my Facebook yesterday in response to my disappointment that they didn't receive the spot (my FB is public so hope he doesn't mind me sharing here):

Looking forward to seeing them in SLC!
    Thanks for sharing that information, TanithandBenFan. He's right, too, about never knowing...there are many examples of the unexpected happening

vCash
    When will Russia announce their TBA Dance slot for Cup of Russia? Can't be long now, as there is usually a certain number of days prior to an event limit that a decision at least (if not an announcement) needs to be made. Given how Russia hosts their National championships in December (relatively close to the Grand Prix series) and Cup of Russia is a later event, I imagine this would be an important opportunity for the teams vying for that last GP slot.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    In the past few years, the TBA's have been announced by the very beginning of September, with the exception of France, hich until last season waited for an internal competition. The GP rosters are usually updated on Mondays (Switzerland time) if there are any changes, so tomorrow would be a good time to look.

vCash
    Russia's TBD spots goes to Gachinsky, Monko/K, Stolbova/Klimov, & Gosviani.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Remaining TBAs added on ISU site as of Sept. 2:

Rippon (SA), Besseghier (TEB), Gachinski (RC): http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=4671

Cesario (SA), Bingwa Geng (CoC), Gosviani (RC): http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=4670

Zhang/Bartholomay (SA), Xuehan Wang/Lei Wang (CoC), Popova/Massot (TEB), Stolbova/Klimov (RC): http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=4669

Hubbell/Donohue (SA), Yiyi Zhang/Nan Wu (CoC), Papadakis/Cizeron (TEB), Monko/Khaliavin (RC): http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=4668

First withdrawal/crossed out name: Yretha SILETE FRA (TEB)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-03-2013 at 04:56 PM.

vCash
    Does France have another senior lady skater?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by analia View Post
    Lena MARROCCO is currently entered in the JGP in Gdansk, Poland, and could be switched to TEB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by analia View Post
    French national champion Anais Ventard or Candice Didier are the only eligible ones that come to mind. I highly doubt that they get the spot.
    They are both on the roster for the Masters next month. Ventard is supposed to do a Senior B (forgot which one). She is such a beautiful skater and the Bercy crowd would love her. Hopefully, her time will come.
    I thought that Didier retired but she is on the roster, so she may have decided to go for another season.

Marrocco is listed for 2 JGP. She skated a 5 triple , 2A junior LP and a clean SP last month in Lyon. I guess that the strategy is to put her in the junior circuit this year.
    Last edited by kirkbiggestfan; 09-03-2013 at 05:19 PM.

vCash
    I'm wondering if Laurine Lecavalier may be able to skate senior-level programs? Like Marrocco, she is assigned to the JrGP circuit now but, I think, is old enough to compete in Srs (16 or 17). She has so much 'star quality' and energy - wonderful if and when she lands her jumps. She's my favorite among ALL French singles ladies currently competing.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Don't the Federations need to submit "Junior" and "Senior" lists with no overlap (now that Pairs can't do both), and isn't it not allowed for someone on the "Junior" list to be moved to a GP? Or is there an exception for host spots, especially if the skater hasn't already competed already this season in JGP?

vCash
    does anyone know, what's wrong with silethe? still injured, again injured, not in form? sad for her.

i think we see once more lena marrocco bouncing in the grand prix series.

Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast