Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudove View Post
    Really? You think USFS is protecting Evan from Jason?
    Are you suggesting that Jason is more of a threat to Evan than Max who USFS selected to Skate America who has great 3As and 2 different 4 rotation quads?
    No, Max is definitely more of a threat to Evan than Jason, but what I'm saying is, there's already a good chance Max beats Evan at SA, so given that, should the 3rd entrant also beat Evan, then that's really bad news for Lysacek. Having Max on the roster probably makes any Evan promoter more wary of having a strong 3rd entrant there, because if Evan underperforms and Jason delivers, then there is a good chance Jason comes out on top, given how he can rack up the GOE and pull points out of nowhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    (because for some reason its been determined several years ago that SA cannot be run without the presence of Caroline Zhang)

vCash
    Actually last year Zhang wasn't at SA. It was Wagner, Gao, and Flatt.

vCash
    I see that Denney / Frazier are ranked #21 in the World Standings. Since they only have one GP assignment (NHK), does anyone feel that they would have a great shot to be a substitute for a 2nd assignment? They're newbie Seniors, so I don't think many foreign Federations would think of them as 'threats' to screw up the rankings at any given GP competition. Also, where exactly are Davis / Brubaker in the context of substitutions? Thanks

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    If last year's selections are any indication, (return) split couples Davis/Brubaker and Takahashi/Kihana will get the first two, assuming they aren't already there, they're aren't already three from their Fed, etc. The way the announcement is written, they could be in the first group of five and anyone else in the group could be picked over them.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    If last year's selections are any indication, (return) split couples Davis/Brubaker and Takahashi/Kihana will get the first two, assuming they aren't already there, they're aren't already three from their Fed, etc.
    Thanks.

The way the announcement is written, they could be in the first group of five and anyone else in the group could be picked over them.
    Is this in reference to D/F?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    No, that was in relation to the split.couples D/B and T/K. Technically, the way the announcement is written (since last season), all replacement groups are put in groups of five, starting with return and split couples, then Top 24 SB, then 25-75 SB, then winners of the first five or sic senior B's. In practice thast year, the two split couples, both from the US, were the first replacments for Marley/Brubaker's two spots, but that could have been to swap US skaters with US skaters and/or optional.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Takahashi and Kihara already have two assignments (COR and NHK). Purich and Tran only have one though.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Of course: Takahashi/Kihara got their second a few weeks ago, not her former partner and his new one.

ETA: I wouldn't say Denney/ Frasier have a great shot at getting a second. I don't think that there will be the splits we had this year, an Olympic year, and while injuries can happen, I don't foresee mass substitutions like last season.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 08-19-2013 at 09:59 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Of course: Takahashi/Kihara got their second a few weeks ago, not her former partner and his new one.

ETA: I wouldn't say Denney/ Frasier have a great shot at getting a second. I don't think that there will be the splits we had this year, an Olympic year, and while injuries can happen, I don't foresee mass substitutions like last season.
    OK. I was thinking that little muscle pulls, sore joints causes extra caution in an Olympic season, creating more situations for withdrawals. Thanks for the insight

vCash
    Yay Adam!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    OK. I was thinking that little muscle pulls, sore joints causes extra caution in an Olympic season, creating more situations for
    withdrawals. Thanks for the insight
    It's possible that skaters will be more cautious, but aside from the very top teams, who could try to avoid making GPF so that they don't have to travel to Japan, they all need feedback on their programs. There aren't that many pairs outside N/A for whom their Nationals are make or break for the Olympic team; many Euro OC's require a certain minimum placement at Euros, and they'd skip Nationals to heal a nagging injury. There's also a propensity for late withdrawals that aren't replaced. The early ones tend to be for splits and couples.that are I'll.injured at the start of the season, or who like the Wendes took off a non-Olympic season for personal/family issues.

The best case scenario for D/F, assuming hosts will ignore the clause about giving Top 24 SB a second in ranking order, is that D/B and P/T are put in the groups of five instead of being chosen off the top, and that D/F are chosen quickly, as a possibl swap if another US team.is injured or not recovered in tme from surgery. Still, D/B are more likely to be first in line, given USFS support of Brubaker.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Veronik Mallet has been added to Skate Canada!

http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=4631

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    USFSA just posted on Facebook that Hubbell/Donohue got the last SA dance spot.

for Lynn and Logan.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    USFSA just posted on Facebook that Hubbell/Donohue got the last SA dance spot.

for Lynn and Logan.
    As much as I love Lynn and Logan, I think it's clear that there are only four teams in contention for Olympic and Worlds spots this year, and that USFSA is trying to get those four teams as much exposure as possible. Sadly, it would appear that Lynn and Logan aren't one of those four teams.

(I still hope they can kick butt and get in the mix.)

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    I'm actually happy about this. I love H/D and hope they go to the Olympics.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I'm actually happy about this. I love H/D and hope they go to the Olympics.
    I'm thrilled as well. I adore H/D and am so happy to see them with a second GP. I hope they make the Olympic team as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    I'm thrilled as well. I adore H/D and am so happy to see them with a second GP. I hope they make the Olympic team as well.
    I am too! I'm rooting for them. Nationals is going to be so heartbreaking for whoever comes in 4th. I'm happy that they can enjoy this vote of confidence today.

Title-less
    vCash
    While we are at it I wonder what ppl think Hicks' strategy is regarding moving up. Her chance of getting a gp is not good, thoughif she beats Gold or Agnes in Slc in Sept, USFs may take note. What are her chances of getting another assignment, gp or otherwise?

vCash
    she can do a few B competitions and get some points so that she gets high season best and next year she gets GP event.
    Last edited by hanca; 08-30-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast