Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Czisny not doing the grand prixs all but ends her Olympic hopes IMO. Even if she skates well at Nationals, unless it is a total blinder and better than even he 2011 performance (and/or it is a messy event, particularly by the other 3rd place contenders), I dont see them considering someone who has shown nothing for 2 years prior to that, especialy with her history.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Sorry I meant to say Davis & White and Chock & Bates are locks. The Shibutanis and Hubbel & Donahue and maybe 1 or 2 other teams are fighting for the 3rd spot. I hope and think Hubbel & Donahue will get it though.
    I'm rooting for Zach and Madi, but I think they're going to need a particularly strong SD to get it. Hope they can do it.

vCash
    Ladies- The only one I definitely see on the team is Gold. Wagner should be an obvious lock as well but I don't see her as a sure thing. Gao, Nagasu, and Zawadzki are the other contenders.

Men- Aaron as a lock. The other spot will be between Miner, Dornbush, Ferris, and Abbott. I would be surprised if Abbott get its though.

Pairs- Denney/Coughlin and Scimeca/Kneirm. Zhang/Bartholomey and Denney/Frazier could be spoilers.

Dance- Davis/White, Chock/Bates, and either Shibutanis or Hubbell/Donahue. The 3rd spot here could be the most interesting battle.

vCash
    Arent Hubbel & Donahue a romantic couple off ice too?

vCash
    Wait. Can we confirm that Czisny is not jumping and thus out of the GP for that reason?

vCash
    What I think:

Ladies-Wagner and Gold will be on that team, I actually wouldn't be surprised if one of them goes to Sochi as the U.S #3 skater. I think that with the added wiggle room that the 3rd spot provides, judges would place another lady (Gao, Zawadzki, etc.) above one of them if either Ashley or Gracie has an off night. (I really want Czisny to finally get the Olympic experiece, and I really like Gao, so i'll be no matter what happens )

Men-I don't see anyone as a lock, I think NBC will really be pushing for Evan though(a la Cohen in 2010) if he is actually in Boston. For some reason my gut tells me the team will consist of Abbott and Aaron though, with Miner taking bronze and barely missing out and Lycacek taking 4th if he shows up.

Pairs: At this point I'd say Scimeca/Kniemrim are a safer bet than Denney/Coughlin. I think Zhang/Bartolomay would be the pair that could spoil the party for those two (eventhough I really want Rockne to make it to Sochi)

Dance: I'd say Davis/White are the only true locks on the U.S team. The Sochi team could be an exact repeat from the 2013 Nats. podium. I'd say that K/G-S could be a serious threat for that 3rd spot now that they are with Shpilband, and there's also H/D. The depth of U.S ice dance is truly ridiculous so it will be a solid team no matter who the #2 and #3 team are.

vCash
    My only wish: Ricky Dornbush to Olympics!

vCash
    Ladies:
    Wagner, Gold, and the 3rd spot goes to Nagasu.(finger crossed)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chanunderrated View Post
    Arent Hubbel & Donahue a romantic couple off ice too?
    Yeah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DimaToe View Post
    Dance: I'd say Davis/White are the only true locks on the U.S team. The Sochi team could be an exact repeat from the 2013 Nats. podium. I'd say that K/G-S could be a serious threat for that 3rd spot now that they are with Shpilband, and there's also H/D. The depth of U.S ice dance is truly ridiculous so it will be a solid team no matter who the #2 and #3 team are.
    I didn't realize K/G-S were with Shpilband! That might greatly improve their chances!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I have a feeling even if Gold or Wagner bomb Nationals they will be held up in the top 3 by inflated PCS and GOE if need be. .
    Naturally. Earning the third spot helped give them both breathing room to make multiple mistakes at Nationals and still place top 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    My only wish: Ricky Dornbush to Olympics!
    Ricky and Ashley for me!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Mortal Lock: Davis/White (duh)

Wager money on: Simeca/Knierim (new couple, but have done well enough, quickly enough, to capture notice), Wagner and Gold (USFSA sends its thank you.)

Looking very promising indeed: Shibutanis, Chock/Bates, Aaron - all three are coming off a top ten placement in the Worlds, but face a broad competition. Zawadski - they really seem to like her.

And the rest.

vCash
    Shibs are sliding not just in the World rankings but nationally too C/B have now passed them not just nationally but internationally and H/D will be a threat to them if they can improve.

vCash
    Madison Hubbell started an Olympic season blog for ice network: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Ladies:
    Wagner, Gold, and the 3rd spot goes to Nagasu.(finger crossed)
    That's my Dream Team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    That's my Dream Team.
    Those would be the top 3 US scorers for the last quadrennial.

vCash
    It will be very sad if the Shibs don't even make the Olympics after being 3rd in the world at one point. I'm not a huge fan and actually prefer H/D but it'll still be sad.

vCash
    Great blog from Madi~ I hope she and Zach have their best season yet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    It will be very sad if the Shibs don't even make the Olympics after being 3rd in the world at one point. I'm not a huge fan and actually prefer H/D but it'll still be sad.
    I guess that is one way to look at it. I am more sad they won that World medal over IMO far more deserving teams. I also think for them it was perhaps the worst thing to happen to their own career in hindsight. Essentialy there were no winners from it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast