Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    You wouldn't send Gold just yet? She finished 6th at Worlds with a flawed LP. So just who are the 3 US girls good enough to finish higher then Gracie not just at Nationals but Worlds?
    Geesh, calm down. Anything could happen. There is a very deep, talented pool of young skaters skating senior now, who have big jumps and artistry to boot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    So, you are figuring Dornbush has a better opportunity than Miner? I agree because Dornbush seemed to be ending his season a high note while the opposite occurred with Miner
    Yeah I tend to think this. Not only because of the way each ended their respective seasons but also because I think Dornbush has a higher score ceiling because when he's on his game, he can have a slight PCS advantage and higher GOE on jumps compared to Miner, not to mention he also plans 2 quads in his FS which Miner does not. He also seems to have a bigger cushion for mistakes internationally without it killing his scores, when Miner made a few errors in his FS last season, he scored around 140 internationally every time, whereas Dornbush making similar or maybe even more errors scored more mid 140s-low 150s. Plus I also have more faith in Ricky developing more consistency in competition this season because I think his issues are all in his head, whereas for Ross I actually think he has a good mindset for competition and the errors on his 3a and 4s keep happening because he has scary/swingy technique on those jumps that likely needs to be reworked if he is ever to find reliable consistency with them in competition. Ricky's technique seems more solid to me, and although his quad success rate in competition isn't great yet, it's still better than Miner, and he's had the jump in his arsenal a season longer.

Of course, Farris could potentially knock out both these guys for a spot on the team, if he can start landing his quad in competition. It's good that he hasn't had trouble rotating it thus far because it doesn't hurt him too bad, and in terms of technique he has the best jumps in the entire US men's field right now IMO, and his 3a is a beauty and much more consistent than Dornbush and Miner (which is why his scores have been comparable in competitions despite his tendency to fall on the quad), but if he can keep up the quality and consistency on all his other jumps AND start landing the 4t in competition, then I think he becomes very dangerous and could be scoring higher on the GP than the two guys I mentioned. Depending on how his PCS are looking on the GP, he could maybe even challenge Aaron (in the situation where say Aaron doesn't try 5 quads right away, maybe 4, and Farris tries 3 between his 2 programs, I could see Farris coming out ahead if they skate similarly because he could maybe have a margin built up from spin GOEs and PCS that might outweigh that provided my Aaron's extra quad).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234