Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    Emily Chan, is that Emily Mei Lin Chan?

Thanks a lot for thw info! Looks like I am going for sure. Now we just need a place to stay!
    Yes, the same Emily Chan. Have fun and report back!

"Top Ten" updated as of Aug. 25: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/top-ten/
    Scoretracker: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/scoretracker/ (Moran Memorial, DuPage Open, and Cranberry Open are among the comp. results not yet available online; still missing some Glacier Falls results)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Title-less
    vCash
    I watched a little bit of Houston Fall Invit. today.
    Quick notes: Nina Jiang withdrew. Ashley Cain tried and did a 3f < +3t<< in the warmup and had trouble with the lutz. In the program, she fell on flip and changed the program and did a 3 loop instead, and of course the loop was a beauty. 2A was good too. She was fast and powerful and I really liked her big elements. Her spin could use some improvement, and I think she didn't really practice spin much in the warmup. 52.64

Rene Kono (42.04) skated to Sentimental Waltz(??? The piece Sasha used in the short program). She was elegant but she fell on the toe. SHe did a 3 or double sal (couldn't see from where I sat) and did a 2A.

Jr ladies: Ashley Shin was awesome today. Did 3f/2t, 3 loop and 2A. I'd add the girl to ISP but I'm no USFS...
    Claire Untalan followed up with a strong sp too, skating to Don't Cry for Me Argentina. Her triples were fine, except for the twizzle out of her loop. But her jumps were smaller and I can't say there was no ur. Her layback to Biellman was great.

I was half expecting something going wrong with Morgan Flood's short, but she did ok with a 3t/2t, 3 loop (twizzle out) and 2A (big skid) (Skating to POTO). She could use more expression, but I did notice a leg wrap under Morgan's tights, and she didn't look happy or relaxed before or after her performance.

Title-less
    vCash
    eta: Scores from yesterday:
    A Shin 53.5 E Taylor 39.27 Flood 39.09 Claire 40.something
    Novice ladies: 1 Vivian Le 41.02 2) Caroline Rodriguez 38.36

Today Ashley Cain didn't skate. Rene Kono made some mistakes in her program, though elegant as always.
    Jr ladies: Morgan Flood fell 3 times but she did land a loop and a 3t/2t from what i remember. E. Taylor didn't have the harder triples; she did a toe and may have landed one other triple. Both Claire and Shin made their share of mistakes. Shin landed her opening lutz/toe combo (but not quite straight) and big stumbles out of the next two. Music was Turandot.
    Last edited by jlai; 09-02-2013 at 05:49 AM.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Sorry if this isn't the place to ask these questions, but I'm going to ask here...

I may have a place to stay for free, so I'm thinking of going to the Eastern Great Lakes Regional in Louisville. Does anyone have an idea of when they generally finalize the schedule. I know all the entries were due by 9/1, so do you think the info will be available in a week? 2 weeks? Not til right before the event?

Also I noticed they had a senior mens event on the tentative schedule? Do you really think there will be enough entries for senior men to be held?

Thanks for any advice you can share! If I go, I will be sure to report back.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    It's an appropriate thread to post your questions because it's still too early (IMO) to start a thread for the 9 Regionals.

From the EGL Announcement: http://www.usfsa.org/content/2014%20...0-%20Final.pdf
    ADMISSIONS
    The 2014 EGL Regional Championships will be open to the public. All-event passes are available for $35, and daily tickets are $10 per day. Children 10 and under are free. Seniors, 65 and over, with proper ID will be charged $25 for all event tickets or $5 per day. See Form C for details.
    This schedule is dependent upon the total number of entries. Please be prepared to adjust your schedule and arrangements accordingly. An updated schedule will be posted the event website: www.2014eglr.org as soon as possible following the close of entries (September 1).
    ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Also I noticed they had a senior mens event on the tentative schedule? Do you really think there will be enough entries for senior men to be held?
    It will depend on whether or not any Senior men registered for EGL elect to compete if there are 4 or fewer registered.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-03-2013 at 07:52 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Title-less
    vCash
    SW jr ladies will be one intense competition with Ashley Shin, Morgan Flood, Zhao, Amber Glenn and E Taylor. The top four will likely dominate midwestern as well

vCash
    Here is a link to the results from the Southwest Fall Classic in Ellenton Florida. I saw this comp bumped up a few skaters on scoretracker. And bumps William Hubbart to the top ten for Intermediate Men.

http://floridaskating.com/documents/...ults-table.htm

Anyone have a link to results for the John Smith Competition this past weekend in Charlotte?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I've updated Scoretracker with the Florida competition scores and hope to update Top Ten by the end of the day.

ETA: The only result I have so far from the John Smith Memorial in North Carolina is Tim Dolensky's new season high Senior men's scores of 75.21 (SP), 143.89 (FS) and 219.10 total.

I've posted the Southern California Interclub Invitational Final Senior Men's scores in GSD and have added them to Scoretracker: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4000300

Results are published online now from this weekend's Maplewood Fall Classic in Minnesota.

Some ice dance result sheet photos from Challenge Cup near Philadelphia and Pikes Peak Classic in Colorado Springs are posted on IDC's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/icedancecom
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-24-2013 at 01:48 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345