Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Here's the link to the free, live Boston Open webcast. Competition begins tomorrow at 9am! http://www.eventvideocompany.com/201..._bo_201306.htm

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I've started a separate Boston Open thread for event discussion, posting of unofficial live results, etc.: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ast-June-21-22

Chesapeake Open's schedule by day (Thursday-Saturday): http://baltimorefigureskatingclub.co...e-Schedule.xls
    I'm looking forward to any impressions/reports/results being posted in this thread!

Ditto for these other 2 competitions this weekend:

Summer Chiller in Fort Myers, FL:
    Senior Pairs: Zhang/Bartholomay (season debut of their "Carousel" SP & Les Miz FS), Kayne/O'Shea (debut of their "Don Quixote" FS), Canada's Lawrence/Swiegers, GBR's Kemp/King (SP); Alyssa McDougal/Paul Schatz (Junior) and Gillett/Fernandez (Novice).

SoCal Interclub in Paramount, CA:
    Senior Men (Saturday night): Michael Christian Martinez (PHI), Vincent Zhou (skating up?);
    Junior: Karen Chen (J4 at Nationals), Tyler Pierce N1, Amy Lin N2, and Elizabeth Nguyen N5 - all coached by Tammy Gambill;
    Pairs: Calalang/Sidhu (Sr. debut); Junior teams Liu/Perini, Klopstock/Johnson (new) and Middleton/Evans (new).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-20-2013 at 10:41 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Ice-Dance.com posted some of the Chesapeake Open results from this morning on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2597938&type=1

ETA: Junior SD scores: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Last edited by TanithandBenFan; 06-21-2013 at 09:45 PM.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    I was at the Chesapeake Open from 8 to 4 today, although I only got to see bits and pieces of performances. I was hoping to be able to see the entire Junior SD but was too wrapped up in other things.

Junior SD: McNamara/Carpenter skated to some foreign language long with high-pitched singing. I got stuck on trying to ID the language, so I asked Quinn afterward and he told me it is in fact Yiddish. I suppose I should have recognized it, lol, but alas, I only know a handful of Yiddish words. I totally missed the Parsons but they and their coaches seemed very happy with their performance. I did notice that they are almost the same height. I hope the size difference (or lack thereof) can be overcome and doesn't force them to split. Moore/Klaber skated to Chicago and I understand Daniel tripped/fell, but I missed that part. I saw their footwork, which looked good.

Senior SD: I only saw part of the Gamelins. The part I saw was to "Let's Face the Music and Dance."

Novice PD in the morning: Ben Agosto had a team - Isaacson/Dudley - in this event. Is this his only team at the moment? It was great to see him coaching. They looked well-trained and he seems like a very positive and encouraging coach, from their interactions. As they skated their Kilian (to Chicago), he was tapping his foot along to the beat.

Kilian music choices were interesting. The Beckers skated to "Ice, Ice, Baby." Someone else did the Beach Boys' "California Girls." A couple teams chose to just use the standard ISU rhythm. I believe one team used what I'm pretty sure is the same music as Chock/Bates's Cirque SD this past season.

I noticed Todd Gilles is coaching some CO teams with Tiffany Dombeck. Former U.S. national competitor Adrienne Koob-Doddy was also at the boards today.

Based on other music pieces I heard playing (but couldn't really watch who was skating), I'd say we're in for a lot of big band, 40s-sounding music for SD's this year. And of course, Chicago.

vCash
    Those WISA teams do like to go their own way when choosing music don't they? Ice Ice Baby for PDs?? I can't wait to see McNamara/Carpenter's FD.

Thanks for the report Debbie!

vCash
    Chesapeake Open novice FD: 1. Lustig and Milestone (U Del), 2. Gropman and Somerville, 3. Beckers. G/S would have been first but for a one point deduction (lift?)

I like the Gamelins' FD even more the second time. Rich and beautiful details... Twizzles nicely done.

Novice FD: Lewis and Bye, music Schindler's List. She has lovely lines.

Pogrebinsky and Gudis, music Spanish theme with Guitar. Ross has improved a lot since I first saw him 2 years ago.

Moore and Klaber, music is Latin ballroom, Samba, Rumba, and Chacha, I think. He fell on the twizzles.
    Last edited by Jun Y; 06-22-2013 at 03:31 PM.

vCash
    I was told that Hannah Miller skated in the Senior SP yesterday at the Grand Rapids Open as a late addition. She scored 51.19 with a singled Axel. Sorry I don't have more complete information.

vCash
    Still Novice FD, Lauren Leonesio and Quinn Chambers. Amazing hypnotic and slightly dissnance music and interesting concept (she's a doll being animated). Wow. Unfortunately he's pretty weak and had several bobbles in step sequence. Also very unusual choreography in the step sequence. I'd love to know who choreographed the program. Striking.

Detroit dancers are here for the camp with Krylova.
    Last edited by Jun Y; 06-22-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    ^^^ Thanks, Jun! Tom Dickson is the choreographer for Leonesio/Chambers, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun Y View Post
    Junior FD: Lewis and Bye, music Schindler's List. She has lovely lines.

Pogrebinsky and Gudis, music Spanish theme with Guitar. Ross has improved a lot since I first saw him 2 years ago.

Moore and Klaber, music is Latin ballroom, Samba, Rumba, and Chacha, I think. He fell on the twizzles.
    Thanks to Debbie S and mgobluegirl as well, and to TanithandBenFan for posting links to Chesapeake Dance results.

ETA top 2 Junior Ladies SP scores from yesterday:
    Brynne McIsaac 46.08, Brianna Laxson 44.79

Senior Men's SP scores from Thursday night (hearsay): Zahradnicek 57.95, Savary 48.81 (there is no FS event).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-22-2013 at 06:06 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Olivia Di Lorio and Alex Benoit. Some Enya-ish slow song. He is quite strong technically. I am impressed.

Day and Leahy. Music first half is techno version of Moonlight Sonata, second half some techno music.

The place is full of WISA families.
    Last edited by Jun Y; 06-22-2013 at 04:24 PM.

vCash
    Thanks for the reports!!! I love hearing about the FD's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    ^^^ Thanks, Jun! Tom Dickson is the choreographer for Leonesio/Chambers, I think.
    I should have known. Every time I see a dance program that makes me want to reach inside my skull and scratch my jiggly brain, there's a good chance Mr. Dickson is responsible for it.

In the step sequence, I am pretty sure I saw the couple do different steps at the same time. For example she'd do a one foot turn while he was doing a two foot turn, but they are synchronized. Don't know about you but I had never seen anything like it.
    Last edited by Jun Y; 06-22-2013 at 05:58 PM.

vCash
    Does anybody know how the pairs did at Summer Chiller today? In particular, I'd like to know how Lawrence/Sweigers did but I'd love to hear any and all impressions and if there's videos or scores that would be a bonus!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Summer Chiller Senior Pairs SP results from Saturday: Kayne/O'Shea 52.37, Zhang/Bartholomay 52.08 (WD Lawrence/Swiegers CAN, Kemp/King GBR)
    All Saturday results for Summer Chiller: http://www.icejudge.com/documents/co...ults-table.htm (Sunday's results still to come and perhaps detailed protocols?)

ETA:

At the SoCal Interclub competition in Paramount, CA last night, Karen Chen reportedly landed 3Lz+3T with + GOE & scored 61.34 in the Jr Ladies SP.

Chesapeake Open Novice-Senior free dance result sheets have been added here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2597938&type=1

Chesapeake Open Senior Ladies FS top 2: Isadora Williams (Brazil) 99.22, Maria Yang 91.77 (reportedly landed clean 3F+3Lo; won SP 50.31). I'll post other "unofficial" top singles scores below Senior soon.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-23-2013 at 05:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Summer Chiller Senior Pairs SP results from Saturday: Kayne/O'Shea 52.37, Zhang/Bartholomay 52.08 (WD Lawrence/Swiegers CAN, Kemp/King GBR)
    All Saturday results for Summer Chiller: http://www.icejudge.com/documents/co...ults-table.htm (Sunday's results still to come and perhaps detailed protocols?)

ETA:

At the SoCal Interclub competition in Paramount, CA last night, Karen Chen reportedly landed 3Lz+3T with + GOE & scored 61.34 in the Jr Ladies SP.

Chesapeake Open Novice-Senior free dance result sheets have been added here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2597938&type=1

Chesapeake Open Senior Ladies FS top 2: Isadora Williams (Brazil) 99.22, Maria Yang 91.77 (reportedly landed clean 3F+3Lo; won SP 50.31). I'll post other "unofficial" top singles scores below Senior soon.
    Thanks Sylvia, you're awesome! Sorry to hear Paige and Rudi withdrew. I'm dying to know what their new programs are. I love those two!

vCash
    Is Karen Chen skating junior this year? JGP assignment?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun Y View Post
    Is Karen Chen skating junior this year? JGP assignment?
    1) Yes, AFAIK. 2) Hope so! (Chen is 13 now and old enough for the JGP.)

vCash
    Wow, amazing score there for Karen. I'm so excited to see her on the international circuit this fall.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    My compilation of Chesapeake Open top singles scores that have been passed along to me, plus other hearsay notes from this weekend's competitions: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2...-competitions/

Quote Originally Posted by mgobluegirl View Post
    I was told that Hannah Miller skated in the Senior SP yesterday at the Grand Rapids Open as a late addition. She scored 51.19 with a singled Axel. Sorry I don't have more complete information.
    Thanks! My hearsay info is that Miller reportedly landed 3Lz+2T and 3Lo in her SP (51.19) and 5 triples in her Senior FS (109.61).
    ETA that Miller's new programs are choreographed by Daniil Barantsev: "Firebird" by Stravinsky (SP) & "Primavera" by Ludovico Einaudi (FS) - as posted in her blog: http://hannahmiller1.wordpress.com

Vincent Zhou, age 12, competed in the SoCal Interclub Senior Men SP last night and reportedly scored ~ 72! (don’t yet know if he has tested up or plans to test up to Senior).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-23-2013 at 11:46 PM. Reason: To add Hannah Miller's program music info, cross-posted in GSD

vCash
    ^^ I'm guessing Vincent was just skating up to compete against someone, rather than do an exhibition at junior? Do you know if the pairs have competed yet at Interclub?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast