Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Some info on Kevin Reynolds' Autumn Skate SP (to Back In Black & Thunderstruck by AC/DC) and a link to photos are posted in his fan thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3999788
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    Final entry list for Octoberfest (October 17-20) is up: http://www.skatecanada-centralontari...%2019sep13.pdf.

There's one rather prominent entry in senior men. Here's two Hints: he is Spanish, and his first name is Javier.
    Javier Raya?

vCash
    Results are up for the Isabelle Henderson competition: http://www.skating-wos.on.ca/results...rson/index.htm.

vCash
    Results are up for the Isabelle Henderson competition: http://www.skating-wos.on.ca/results...rson/index.htm.
    Wow, Suguri did compete! The results are very bad, but one has to admire her persistence .

vCash
    The Georges-Ethier competition in Quebec is being livestreamed. Link is here (web Diffusion for Ice 1, 2 and 3). The schedule is also on the same page.

This is a smaller competition than the Quebec Summer competition, but still plenty big (76 novice ladies, for example).

Duhamel/Radford are scheduled to debut their long program here, at around 18:20 EST on Saturday afternoon, on Glace 1. Purich/Tran are also listed for the free program.

ETA: The link to results is here. If the past is any indication, the results will like be posted late the same day or early the next day.
    Last edited by geoskate; 10-04-2013 at 01:36 AM.

vCash
    Did anyone watch the pairs free this afternoon? I sure did. Boy do Meagan and Eric sure have the awesome programs for Sochi to get them to where they need to be. There of course are always things to work on, it's only the beginning of the season and the side by sals were messed up but I absolutely loved that program. Where as their short is beautiful and lyrical, this program is powerful and athletic and really builds. It was made for them to have their ultimate moment in Sochi. I can't wait to see how it progresses this season.

As for Purich and Tran, strong first half but that second half, they totally fell apart. I know they're a brand new team, but there are some refinement issues and such that they are going to have to work out if they want a spot on the Olympic Team.
    Kyle

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Duhamel/Radford's "Alice in Wonderland" FS debut: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/39561721
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Yes, great programme from Megan and Eric. . I look forward to seeing it grow- and without the blurred screen. I guess we get the scores much later on.
    Skate Canada is going to be fab.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    Did anyone watch the pairs free this afternoon? I sure did. Boy do Meagan and Eric sure have the awesome programs for Sochi to get them to where they need to be. There of course are always things to work on, it's only the beginning of the season and the side by sals were messed up but I absolutely loved that program. Where as their short is beautiful and lyrical, this program is powerful and athletic and really builds. It was made for them to have their ultimate moment in Sochi. I can't wait to see how it progresses this season.
    First program this season to give me goosebumps. Very impressed. Totally looking forward to seeing it live in a few weeks.

As for Purich and Tran, strong first half but that second half, they totally fell apart. I know they're a brand new team, but there are some refinement issues and such that they are going to have to work out if they want a spot on the Olympic Team.
    Have to say, I'm a little disappointed in their progress so far. Not so much with Mervin who's doing the best he can with what he has, but more so with Natasha. She is not coming along as a pair girl a quickly as I expected. I keep thinking back to how fast Kaleigh Hole picked it up in her first year as pair skater. Natasha doesn't seem to be developing the awareness of her partner that a great pair girl needs to have. Maybe she just hasn't been with any one partner long enough yet.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Results for Sask Skate/Sask Open are up: http://www.skatecanadasaskatchewan.com/competitions/

vCash
    Results for Octoberfest 2013

G/P did well in the SD with 59.25, that's not bad at all after a serious injury, to put it in perspective, H/D were marked 60.71 at Skate America. (yes, I know that different judging panels and caliber of the events give different results, it's just to help those who get confused by the numbers)

Fernández on the other hand only scored 72.29 in the SP, I hope he was holding back because it was a small competition...

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Chartrand scored 61.99 SP, 117.6 LP for 179.59 total!

I know it's only a club competition but wow.

vCash
    Yes, she clearly is not prepared to just hand an Olympic spot to Gabrielle Daleman or Amelie Lacoste.

Canadian judges at club competitions have been relatively conservative in their marking of her performances in the past i.e. her marks have been within 5 or 10 points of what she would receive internationally. Judging by the protocols, this was a very well-skated competition for her. I think her marks here really do represent breakthrough performances for her.

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    Chartrand scored 61.99 SP, 117.6 LP for 179.59 total!

I know it's only a club competition but wow.
    Yes, she clearly is not prepared to just hand an Olympic spot to Gabrielle Daleman or Amelie Lacoste.

Canadian judges at club competitions have been relatively conservative in their marking of her performances in the past i.e. her marks have been within 5 or 10 points of what she would receive internationally. Judging by the protocols, this was a very well-skated competition for her. I think her marks here really do represent breakthrough performances for her.
    wow that is impressive.. makes for an exciting nationals.. glad I'll be there
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678