3 1.36%
  • Evan Lysacek

39 17.65%
  • Viktor Petrenko

3 1.36%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dorianhotel View Post

I also remember one event like the 2001 Grand Prix final where he and Yagudin both skated perfectly with 2 quads and the same jumps and Plushenko won. He got almost all 5.9s on both sets before Yagudin even skated. That was not fair and not the right result I think either. So it wouldnt be true he has no questionable wins either. His Olympic silver in 2002 and World gold both over Tim Goebel who outjumped him both times was also iffy. Plushenko's jumps are often used as the basis for his wins despite his other weak parts, but when someone who is weak in artistry and spins does better in jumps they use the 2nd mark to justify him winning. It seems like a double standard to me.
    Judges never said the basis of Plushenko's wins are the jumps, this a story invented by FS fans, just like Chan's SS. Like Plushenko and Chan were doing nothing else but jumping or doing crossovers on the ice. It is not double standard.
    I don't get the 2001 Grand Prix story either. Judges liked Plushenko's programs despite Yagudin's performance just they also liked in 2002 GPF Yagudin's programs over Plushenko's. I did too. What's wrong with that?

vCash
    All the votes for Chan make me so mad. I hope you silly people realize though that your opinions are just reflective of a little cyber World, not the real World where Chan is revered and beloved one of the most in history!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chanunderrated View Post
    All the votes for Chan make me so mad. I hope you silly people realize though that your opinions are just reflective of a little cyber World, not the real World where Chan is revered and beloved one of the most in history!
    Wow! That you disagree with the current result of the poll is fine, but resorting to calling people "silly" isn't going to get anyone anywhere

Also, although I think that some opinions expressed on FSU are harsh and uncalled for towards Chan, and I am sure a lot of people who are not on FS fora enjoy Chan's skating very much, I have to question what this "real World" where "Chan is one of the most revered and beloved in history" is - I've certainly never been there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dorianhotel View Post
    He got almost all 5.9s on both sets before Yagudin even skated.
    And if later Yagudin skated better in those judges' eyes, he would've received 5.8s/6.0s, 5.9s/6.0s, or 6.0s/6.0s.

vCash
    I'm almost sure you are a clever hater of him
    it's close to sarcasm

vCash
    I also remember the grand prix final between Plushenko and Yagudin wher Yagudin skated cleanly with quads and big triple axels and still lost to Plushenko. Horrible result and never should happen. Yagudin is so superior, should always have to make mistakes to lose to Plushenko, or Plushy do an extra quad which he didnt there. Judges should have been suspended.

As for Chan being one of the most revered and admired ever just listen to how Takahashi, Browning, Tracy Wilson, Hamilton, Dick Button, speak of him.

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhaneh View Post
    I have to question what this "real World" where "Chan is one of the most revered and beloved in history" is - I've certainly never been there
    It's called Canada, a.k.a. Chanada; look it up sometime.

vCash
    Patrick Chan bash thread?

Patrick Chan bash thread.

vCash
    I also remember the grand prix final between Plushenko and Yagudin wher Yagudin skated cleanly with quads and big triple axels and still lost to Plushenko. Horrible result and never should happen. Yagudin is so superior, should always have to make mistakes to lose to Plushenko, or Plushy do an extra quad which he didnt there. Judges should have been suspended.

As for Chan being one of the most revered and admired ever just listen to how Takahashi, Browning, Tracy Wilson, Hamilton, Dick Button, speak of him.
    Yagudin was superior, but lost to Plushenko, because Plushenko was more superior in every aspect, so simply. Rewatch the programs. Plushenko was four time GPF winner, Yagudin only two times.

vCash
    2000/2001 gpf, IIRC, Yagudin had a slight foot injury, Yaguin won sp with small mistake, Plushenko clean. 2nd lp, Plushenko landed 2 quads, both in combination, Yagudin landed one quad cleanly, flopped out the 2nd, still won 2 judges' vote.

vCash
    Petrenko is on the list too, I thought he's one of the most underachieved, not overscored. He's the only former SU or Russian skater I have seen so far could really put those Ballet type lines into his skate, and with the best jumps of the world.
    Last edited by unicorn; 06-04-2013 at 03:03 PM.

vCash
    Cyber world? Is this 1996?

I would estimate that the vast majority of the real world has never heard of Patrick Chan, and has no opinion about him or his skating.

And now, an illustration of how skaters reacted to a great performance by someone they admire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post

I would estimate that the vast majority of the real world has never heard of Patrick Chan, and has no opinion about him or his skating.

And now, an illustration of how skaters reacted to a great performance by someone they admire.
    DAISHA UNITED

Ahem, sorry for the brief episode of fangirling, I'll find the door myself
    Last edited by rayhaneh; 06-04-2013 at 03:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhaneh View Post
    DAISHA UNITED

Ahem, sorry for the brief episode of fangirling, I'll find the door myself
    He,he, well done, gurl!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    2000/2001 gpf, IIRC, Yagudin had a slight foot injury, Yaguin won sp with small mistake, Plushenko clean. 2nd lp, Plushenko landed 2 quads, both in combination, Yagudin landed one quad cleanly, flopped out the 2nd, still won 2 judges' vote.
    It's 2002 GPF not 2001 GPF. In 2001 Plushenko won the LP, Yagudin the SP, in 2002 Plushenko won SP, LP1 and Yagudin LP2.
    Last edited by ciocio; 06-04-2013 at 04:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    It's 2002 GPF not 2001 GPF. In 2001 Plushenko won the LP, Yagudin the SP, in 2002 Plushenko won SP, LP1 and Yagudin LP2.

No, it's 2001 GPF, Didn't I say Yagudin won sp but lost the lp? I mean still two judges put him first, lost on his own mistakes, and marks were very close even though Plushenko had harder jumping content.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post

I'll see your and raise you a The vast majority of the world has never eard of Torvill and Dean, Alexei Yagudin or Michelle Kwan.

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I think the vast majority of the world has never heard of Torvill and Dean, Alexei Yagudin, but probably Michelle Kwan.

vCash
    I think the vast majority of the world has never heard of Torvill and Dean, Alexei Yagudin, but probably Michelle Kwan.
    Michelle Kwan is not so famous outside North America.

Katarina Witt is the last figure skater who was truly big in a global sense.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    China and India alone are 36% of the world's population.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast