Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    And Hughes retained a small clip of Rachmaninov in her Olympic program, so I'm still counting that as a win.
    Perhaps if she got rid of that small chunk, her win wouldn't be so disputed.

vCash
    ^^Nah. If she'd rotated her jumps her win wouldn't be so disputed.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    If her name had been Michelle Kwan, her win wouldn't be so disputed either.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash

As for Sochi season, Asada removes the ban on triple Axel from her first competition

This is an article in "Sankei Shiumbun" in Japan.
    Translating to English from Japanese.

As for the Sochi season, Mao Asada is going to remove the ban on triple Axel jump from her first competition.
    June 3rd, 2013

The photo:
    Photography: By Sankei Shimbun
    Mao Asada who participated to the announcement meeting of the CM of Airweave.
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...n-spo.view-000

In the press conference after the announcement meeting of new CM of a bedding maker which was held in Tokyo Metropolitan area in June 3rd, Mao Asada made it clear that she intends to challenge the triple Axel jump and the 2 consecutive triple jump combination from her first competition as for the program of Sochi Olympics season, with saying "As for the jump component, I would like to adopt what is as same as the jump component of the second half of last season from the first half of next season".

As for last season, she sealed the jumps which the degree of difficulty is high in the first half, removed the ban on the triple Axel jumps etc. from the 4 Continents of February and won the 3rd place in the Worlds of March.
    Asada who incorporates the big skill from the beginning of the season swore the determination afresh, aiming at the Sochi Olympics of February of next year, saying, "Getting the qualification to participate at first, I would like to do the performance which I can say that I accomplished perfectly in Sochi".

Asada had already expressed the probability of retirement from eligible skater after the end of next season. She is going to aim at the season with Chopin's "Nocturne" of SP and Rachmaninoff's "Piano Concerto No.2" of FS.

The article:
    As for the Sochi season, Mao Asada is going to remove the ban on triple Axel jump from her first competition.
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000552-san-spo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    That Bells thing was utterly painful. I hope she has two fabulous programs.
    To think that 'The Bells' was originally prepared as Kwan's 2006 Olympics LP. (shudder) The one positive about Kwan's withdrawal from Torino is that she never had to perform that in public; our memories will forever be of only great LPs by our Kween.

vCash
    I love Bells of Moscow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    To think that 'The Bells' was originally prepared as Kwan's 2006 Olympics LP. (shudder)
    Kwan's LP music for 06 was Rach 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Are you sure? I coulda sworn it said "Prelude in C sharp minor" on her USFSA bio at the time. It did on her ISU bio page.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    falling_dance is correct.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Andrea View Post
    This is an article in “Daily Sports” in Japan.
    Translating to English from Japanese.

Mao Asada released the programs for Sochi Olympics! She is going to show it in the ice show, too.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...#contents-body

The short program is Chopin’s “Nocturne”, the free skating is "Piano Concerto No.2" composed by Rachmanioff who is same as the composer of "The Bells" of the free skating of Vancouver Olympics and the exhibition is Chaplin’s “Smile”.
    The article:
    Mao Asada released the programs for Sochi Olympics! She is going to show it in the ice show, too.
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000031-dal-spo
    Mao's SP to Chopin in 2006-2007 was superb! My most favorite Mao program! So happy she will skate to Chopin!

Any music by Rachmaninoff is a bad choice- I LOVE Rachmaninoff, but in FS t usually means the silver medal, not gold. I hope she skates her LP to a different composer's music.

Banned Member
    vCash
    I find these music selections and Mao's skating in general to be uninspired, unoriginal and over-done. She chooses dull music, has uninspired choreography, costumes that are tacky and repeatedly puts in a 3axel which she almost never completes, a 3lutz that has never been anything but a horrible flutz and her repeated UR jumps. Over the years, she has not demonstrated that much improvement, change or growth.

Mao is dull, and her "fight" for the Gold is a manufactured fairy-tale that will not come true unless YuNa and others really stink up the joint in Sochi.

Yawwww w w w w nnnnn nnnn nnn for her choices ...............
    Last edited by PairSk8Fan; 06-05-2013 at 06:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8Fan View Post
    I find these music selections and Mao's skating in general to be uninspired, unoriginal and over-done. She chooses dull music, has uninspired choreography, costumes that are tacky and repeatedly puts in a 3axel which she almost never completes, a 3lutz that has never been anything but a horrible flutz and her repeated UR jumps. Over the years, she has not demonstrated that much improvement, change or growth.

Mao is dull, and her "fight" for the Gold is a manufactured fairy-tale that will not come true unless YuNa and others really stink up the joint in Sochi.

Yawwww w w w w nnnnn nnnn nnn for her choices ...............
    Thank you for sharing your hatred for Mao (sarcasm).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I know right? And Chopin's Nocturne isn't even an overdone selection. It is a piece that was made memorable in skating by Mao herself. I'm not sure if she could top the original version but I don't find the piece itself or Chopin's work in general overused in figure skating.

vCash
    Last edited by torren; 06-06-2013 at 01:04 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    It was Bells of Moscow, for sure. I remember how many of us were looking up the music on YouTube. Someone even prepared a montage of 'choreography' - clips of Kwan in past programs - set against Bells of Moscow music, trying to anticipate what the program might have looked. That music was so unfortunate for Mao in 2010, even though she won Silver, which ain't shabby. I'm so happy that Mao will be skating to softer music in the next Olys.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Not hatred .... BOREDOM. I find it uninspired, unoriginal and overdone with tacky costumes. How is that "hatred'? Sharing opinions here is what forums are about.

So... you are welcome!

vCash
    Not hatred .... BOREDOM. I find it uninspired, unoriginal and overdone with tacky costumes. How is that "hatred'? Sharing opinions here is what forums are about.

So... you are welcome!
    haters gonna hate

vCash

So... you are welcome!
    haters gonna hate

vCash
    I, for one, am really excited about Mao's choices. I love love when she skates to Chopin. I was kind of hoping she'd turn the exhibition piece she did a couple of years ago into a short program but her 06-07 short program is my all-time favorite sp/lp program from Mao, so I'll take it! Rach 2 may be overdone but it fits her like a glove.

Let the girl have some fun and enjoy her music in her last season! I know I will enjoy watching her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yunasashafan View Post
    I, for one, am really excited about Mao's choices. I love love when she skates to Chopin. I was kind of hoping she'd turn the exhibition piece she did a couple of years ago into a short program but her 06-07 short program is my all-time favorite sp/lp program from Mao, so I'll take it! Rach 2 may be overdone but it fits her like a glove.

Let the girl have some fun and enjoy her music in her last season! I know I will enjoy watching her.

Omg yes! As overdone as Rach 2 is, it is less over done than some other war horses that we can expect to see in Sochi. There will be Carmen.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast