View Poll Results: Which Of These New Movies Interest You? (Trailers Below For Viewing)

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • June 14th - Man of Steel - Action Adventure with Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Kevin Costner….

23 57.50%
  • June 14th - The Bling Ring - Crime comedy with Emma Watson, Leslie Mann, Gavin Rossdale…

8 20.00%
  • June 14th - This Is the End - Sci-Fi Comedy with Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, James Franco…

6 15.00%
  • June 21st - World War Z - Action horror thriller with Brad Pitt, Matthew Fox and David Morse

12 30.00%
  • June 28th - The Heat - Action Comedy with Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy, Michael Rapaport…

9 22.50%
  • July 3rd - The Lone Ranger - Action adventure western with Armie Hammer, Johnny Depp…

8 20.00%
  • July 5th - The Way, Way Back - Comedy with Steve Carell, Toni Collette, Allison Janney…

6 15.00%
  • July 19th - Girl Most Likely - Comedy with Kristen Wiig, Annette Benning, Matt Dillon…

7 17.50%
  • July 19th - The Conjuring - Horror thriller with Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga, Lili Taylor…

5 12.50%
  • July 24th - The Wolverine - Action Adventure with Hugh Jackman and Famke Janssen

12 30.00%
  • August 2nd - 2 Guns - Action with Mark Wahlberg, Denzel Washington, James Marsden…

1 2.50%
  • August 9th - Elysium - Sci-Fi with Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley and Diego Luna

13 32.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Two recent movies I've seen include The Chicago 8 (Danny Masterson, Gary Cole, Mayim Bialik, Steven Culp, Orlando Jones and Philip Baker Hall). The directing is incredibly heavy-handed, but I enjoyed this movie still, in part to the performances (Orlando Jones pushes things right to the edge...well, maybe over the edge sometimes ) and in part because I know very little about the subject matter (from imdb.com: "Based on actual court transcripts of 8 anti-war protesters on trial for conspiring to cause riots at the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago."). And I'm a sucker for anything with Mayim Bialik in it even though her part in this is pretty small.

Also watched the 1935 version of Mutiny On The Bounty. It stars Clark Gable, Charles Laughton and Franchot Tone, the three of whom were all nominated for Best Actor at the Academy Awards that year. (I found out from the imdb message boards that there were no supporting acting categories at that time.) It won the Oscar for best picture, but no other awards in the five categories it was nominated. I thought this was pretty decent even though the acting is over the top, although it's mentioned in the message boards that this is standard for the time. Charles Laughton was wondrously hateful in his performance. I am so surprised the mutiny did not occur MUCH sooner on their voyage!!

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    ~ Cloud Atlas. Can I have those 3 hours of my life back please? This is the quintessential example of a book that should never have been attempted as a film. I don't normally judge a movie by its book, but it’s hard not to in this case -- in the book the interweaving storylines and characters work. In the movie it's a giant, disorganized mess.
    I have this one on hold at the library. I will take your thoughts as a warning to lower my expectations. Maybe in doing so I will enjoy it more than I would otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    ...I love Emma Watson because I grew up with her and I want her to have a career so I will probably see both movies she's in

I love Terrence Malick but I think it's weird that it has a month to go and neither a title nor a trailer But I will see it anyway. Great cast.
    Watson is turning out to be a true delight post-Harry Potter. All of the three HP actors are choosing good work, it certainly helps that none of them need to pick a movie so as to pay the bills. But we do need to wait for the world to realize that Rupert Grint is also making some great movie. :respect:

As for Terrence Malick, I think weird is kind of the norm with him! I think he often keeps his films under wraps, so withholding a title and trailer is something I guess he hopes will add mystery and anticipation for his project. By the way, it also stars Benicio Del Toro, Holly Hunter and Florence Welch.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    "The Purge" had so much potential but fell short.

Interesting plot, average execution. It's one of those movies that will be studied in sociology and film studies for years though. It's mercifully short too.

If "The Lone Ranger" doesn't pan out, I will definitely see "World War Z" next week. They spent a fortune reshooting it, so I hope it's good.

Of course, if anyone wants mild to major spoilers for "Man of Steel," "The Purge" or anything else, PM me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    As for Terrence Malick, I think weird is kind of the norm with him! I think he often keeps his films under wraps, so withholding a title and trailer is something I guess he hopes will add mystery and anticipation for his project. By the way, it also stars Benicio Del Toro, Holly Hunter and Florence Welch.
    Definitely, but normally I love his kind of weird and not knowing the name of the movie is going to irritate the hell out of me

having a nice day
    vCash
    I finally got to see "Her Majesty, Mrs Brown." It was worth the wait. "Tom and Viv" was not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    Somehow missed a half-dozen "Much Ado About Nothing" screenings, which I'm mad about it because I love Shakespeare.
    I'm currently reading the play as fast as I can, to prepare for the movie! Incredibly, I've never read it before. #Englishmajorfail
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Oh, Wyliefan, you should check out the Kenneth Branagh-Emma Thompson movie of the play as well. It's wonderful. Well, except for Keanu Reeves, who plays Don John. No, really. He's terrible. But everyone else is wonderful.

vCash
    I saw it many years ago and liked it. But I thought reading it would be a good refresher before I see the new one.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Finally, Before Midnight comes to Canada!

As with the previous two films, I loved this one. Although I never saw Playbook Whatever, I refuse to believe that Jennifer Lawrence and Will from Alias make a more a believable couple than Hawke and Delpy. Oscars for everyone--including score. Love, love, love!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Just finished watching Mildred Pierce (Kate Winslet, Guy Pearce, Evan Rachel Wood, Melissa Leo and Mare Winningham). Probably wasn't worth the time it took (it's almost six hours long). Although I did watch it with subtitles at double-speed. Don't see how this warranted such a large expansion of the running time of the original. Maybe three hours...they really took their time with this one. Surprised at how the Veda role allowed the two actresses who played her (Evan Rachel Wood for the later years) to clearly outshine Winslet. Not a lot for Kate to do. I only recommend this one if you're an uber of somebody involved, love this type of stuff...or want to see Pearce is all his nekkid glory.

Also watched The Tao of Steve which has been on my To See list forever. It's one of those movies that Entertainment Weekly raved about, so it ended up on my list. But afterwards I realized I should pay more attention to the critic who recommended it...and then avoid his/her future recommendations. It's not an awful movie, but just sort of sits there in my opinion. But I don't like movies that have jerks as their hero.

Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I saw the Spiderman reboot on a flight home last weekend. I thought Toby and Dunst had better chemistry than the Garfield and Stone. Sally Field felt out of place somehow.
    The word Toby has no place in the same sentence as Garfield...

Quote Originally Posted by immoimeme View Post
    For sure I am old when I enjoyed best exotic marigold hotel and all together way hella more than 360.
    BEMH was a WONDERFUL movie. And I've never even heard of 360... (Just looked up box office info...the former made 134 million and the latter....$100,000 - so you are not alone!! )

vCash
    I'm seeing Before Midnight on Monday. So freaking excited.

Also, saw that Frances Ha is coming in a couple of weeks.

vCash
    I have a huge soft spot for Evan Rachel Wood (and of course I adore Ms. Winslet) so I've been debating checking out Mildred Pierce. It's just the run time that puts me off.

I have no real interest in Guy Pearce nekkid, I must say

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I saw "Now You See Me" on Friday. It was alright but not great. Morgan Freeman, Jesse Eisenberg, and Mark Ruffalo made the movie enjoyable enough to distract from the HUGE gaping plot holes. It's best enjoyed as a simple "magic trick" and not as a well written movie with a tight plot.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I have a huge soft spot for Evan Rachel Wood (and of course I adore Ms. Winslet) so I've been debating checking out Mildred Pierce. It's just the run time that puts me off.

I have no real interest in Guy Pearce nekkid, I must say
    He's got my body type - to not be a bony stick, he actually has to work out and put on muscle. There are worse people to witness nekkid, I imagine.

vCash
    Just got back from seeing 'Star trek- into Darkness' in an IMAX 3D format. Very impressive visual effects and use of technology, while maintaining the characters and their relationships. It was a sensory overload for me, however, and from time to time I had to close my eyes for just a few seconds to give myself a break. It's sort of a prequel to an earlier movie (holding off specifics, to avoid spoilers).

vCash
    Saw The Purge today and liked it. Finally a movie that up front gives you an explanation as to why everyone runs upstairs instead of out the door. LOL

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Man of Steel soundtrack leaked today. My ears will be ready, although I'm not sure if my eyes will be, judging by the latest trailers.

Alf isn't home for a week. I'm putting the soundtrack on repeat and stuffing some Henry Cavill into my hungry eyeballs in the meantime.

vCash
    Apparently there's a trailer for "The Desolation of Smaug" coming tomorrow...

vCash
    Saw the trailer of 'Man of Steel' yesterday. Looks interesting.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Saw the trailer of 'Man of Steel' yesterday. Looks interesting.

Welcome to 2013!!

vCash
    The Purge made something like $36 million in one weekend but cost only $3 million to make. Part of the reason I went to see it was Ethan Hawke.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast