View Poll Results: Which Of These New Movies Interest You? (Trailers Below For Viewing)

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • June 14th - Man of Steel - Action Adventure with Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Kevin Costner….

23 57.50%
  • June 14th - The Bling Ring - Crime comedy with Emma Watson, Leslie Mann, Gavin Rossdale…

8 20.00%
  • June 14th - This Is the End - Sci-Fi Comedy with Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, James Franco…

6 15.00%
  • June 21st - World War Z - Action horror thriller with Brad Pitt, Matthew Fox and David Morse

12 30.00%
  • June 28th - The Heat - Action Comedy with Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy, Michael Rapaport…

9 22.50%
  • July 3rd - The Lone Ranger - Action adventure western with Armie Hammer, Johnny Depp…

8 20.00%
  • July 5th - The Way, Way Back - Comedy with Steve Carell, Toni Collette, Allison Janney…

6 15.00%
  • July 19th - Girl Most Likely - Comedy with Kristen Wiig, Annette Benning, Matt Dillon…

7 17.50%
  • July 19th - The Conjuring - Horror thriller with Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga, Lili Taylor…

5 12.50%
  • July 24th - The Wolverine - Action Adventure with Hugh Jackman and Famke Janssen

12 30.00%
  • August 2nd - 2 Guns - Action with Mark Wahlberg, Denzel Washington, James Marsden…

1 2.50%
  • August 9th - Elysium - Sci-Fi with Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley and Diego Luna

13 32.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I'm still kind of fond of Shyamalan, even though some of his efforts have been terrible.

This has been your unpopular opinion for the day.
    I've really enjoyed every thing Shyamalan has done. I've yet to hear anyone give me a good reason why they didn't think "The Happening" was a bad movie. And that includes my best friend who I always go to see movies with and then talk about endlessly afterwards.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I saw "After Earth" today and liked it a lot and agree that there wasn't much that made it a sci-fi film. It is however an excellent family drama about the strained relationship between a father and son. After Earth is almost entirely carried by Jaden Smith and he is in about 75% of the movie all by himself.
    Well, when Will conceived the story it was supposed to be a car crash in the mountains instead of a starship crash on Earth.

I wasn't a big fan of Jaden, who seemed to only alternate from worried and scared. He's only 14 though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I've really enjoyed every thing Shyamalan has done. I've yet to hear anyone give me a good reason why they didn't think "The Happening" was a bad movie. And that includes my best friend who I always go to see movies with and then talk about endlessly afterwards.
    Oh good, a fellow fan!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

ridin my horse named Bob
    vCash
    For sure I am old when I enjoyed best exotic marigold hotel and all together way hella more than 360.

vCash
    I've yet to hear anyone give me a good reason why they didn't think "The Happening" was a bad movie.
    Was this the sentence you meant to write?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    We watched the first Despicable Me tonight and just laughed and laughed. Those little yellow things are hilarious. Definitely going to see #2 with the kids.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I've yet to hear anyone give me a good reason why they didn't think "The Happening" was a bad movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Was this the sentence you meant to write?
    Did I do that double-negative thing? Or a variant thereof??

Maybe it should have read, "I've yet to hear anyone give me a good reason why they thought that "The Happening" was a bad movie."

Better? My friend said the dialogue was part of the problem. But when I asked him to give an example of anything in particular he didn't like that was said, he couldn't remember. Apparently it was so bad for him that he blocked it all out. But I thought that Unbreakable and The Village were works of genius (as was The Sixth Sense of course). Signs was good, but the big twist was a letdown for sure. I liked Devil as well as The Lady In The Water...although I think I'm the only one on the planet who liked the latter film, though! I haven't seen The Last Airbender yet, but it's not really my kind of movie. I'll see it eventually though. It's interesting about After Earth though. Even after you guys mentioned his involvement in it, I didn't realize until now while looking at imdb.com that he is both director and co-writer of this movie. I guess that fact has been hidden because he seems to have such a bad name with the public these days. But I like him. Me and Wyliefan.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    We watched the first Despicable Me tonight and just laughed and laughed. Those little yellow things are hilarious. Definitely going to see #2 with the kids.
    Minions!

vCash
    I saw the Spiderman reboot on a flight home last weekend. I thought Toby and Dunst had better chemistry than the Garfield and Stone. Sally Field felt out of place somehow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I saw the Spiderman reboot on a flight home last weekend. I thought Toby and Dunst had better chemistry than the Garfield and Stone. Sally Field felt out of place somehow.
    I thought Sally Field was okay; she plays who she always does -- a worried maternal figure ("Brothers & Sisters," "Lincoln," etc. My biggest problem with this particular reboot was so little was different from the Maguire version -- from plot to shot selection.

"The Dark Knight" was a refreshing change.

Having seen "Man of Steel," it falls somewhere in between. I'm not sure Henry Cavill brings something new to the role (although he is painfully goodlooking -- something they make sure to mention in the film) but there's enough of a fresh take on the origin story and Zod -- plus an entire second half full of action -- that makes it fresh.

vCash
    The Friday box office looks like this; 1) Fast & Furious, 2) Now You See Me, 3) After Earth. Not surprised After Earth finished 3rd but I am disappointed that it finished 3rd to yet another smart golden heart bank robber who gets away with it and lives happily ever after, against dumb everybody else movie. In Hollywood bank robbers are never bad people who gets caught. I could remember only one such movie in the last couple decades of watching movies. LOL
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I didn't care much for the movie itself, but I LOVED the minions!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    I tend to steer clear of the cinema during the summer, but I may make the effort to see Elysium or The Purge if either gets good reviews. I like sci-fi; it's just that there are so few good films of this genre. I don't suppose Tarkovsky's Stalker will turn up anywhere; I've never seen it on the big screen..... The other one that caught my eye is Much Ado About Nothing. But as I live out in the sticks we'll have to see whether any of these ever reach a cinema within travelling distance.
    Last edited by orientalplane; 06-02-2013 at 12:03 PM.
    Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    Having seen "Man of Steel," it falls somewhere in between. I'm not sure Henry Cavill brings something new to the role (although he is painfully goodlooking -- something they make sure to mention in the film) but there's enough of a fresh take on the origin story and Zod -- plus an entire second half full of action -- that makes it fresh.
    Did you think it was an overall a good movie, B+/A- ? The trailer just make it seems like Snyder is going all Dark Knight on it, trying to bring some gravitas to the story. The suit looks kind of strange in the photo stills... kind of like texturized rubber, and Cavill looks like he went steroid overboard in the bodybuilding department for the role.

---------------

"After Earth" is a B.O. dud. This should spell the end of Shyamalan's Hollywood career.
    Last edited by orbitz; 06-02-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Did you think it was an overall a good movie, B+/A- ? The trailer just make it seems like Snyder is going all Dark Knight on it, trying to bring some gravitas to the story. The suit looks kind of strange in the photo stills... kind of like texturized rubber, and Cavill looks like he went steroid overboard in the bodybuilding department for the role.
    Dark Knight is waaay more than just "some gravitas." Some comic book movie fans I know actually don't like it because it's a crime thriller with two (and a half) costumed freaks in it, instead of a proper superhero movie.

I figure, it's Superman, it can't be just a crime thriller, especially with all the fantasy action shown.

And if Cavill is steroid-laced, I DON'T want to know what the guys at my gym are taking. At least his head is still larger than each bicep....

vCash
    Twitter:

Mental Floss ‏@mental_floss 1m
    11 Strange Movie Job Titles—Explained! http://bit.ly/104KyR0

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Just got back from Star Trek. I'm going to spoiler tag the rest of my post cuz I'm not sure what I'll be saying that might be considered a spoiler....or not at all.

Spoiler

vCash
    There was a scene with a naked Cumberbatch in a shower that got cut for some reason. I mean, we got a completely gratuitous scene with the blonde whatserface in her underwear, why couldn't there be some gratuitous male nudity as well? (Apparently there was a bit with Chris Pine sans shirt, but I don't even remember it. Not gratuitous enough!)

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Alexandra View Post
    (Apparently there was a bit with Chris Pine sans shirt, but I don't even remember it. Not gratuitous enough!)
    That was early on when you see Kirk get a phone call and he gets out of bed and there's two females with tails in his bed. It's a shirtless shot and he looks a big heavy so maybe that's why they didn't show more. I saw the Cumberbatch scene on Conan, they played it when J.J. Abrams talked about some being irritated that Alice Eve is shown naked except for her undergarments. It really wasn't a necessary scene, but she IS a beautiful lady. Two things I forgot to mention earlier...

Spoiler

vCash
    On his Wiki Chris Hemsworth is credited as providing only his voice in this movie as Kirk's father. Was there a moment where we heard any of his dialogue from the first movie that I can't remember?... I also absolutely didn't realize he played Kirk's father in the first movie. I'm used to him with a lot more facial hair than that!

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast