View Poll Results: Which Of These New Movies Interest You? (Trailers Below For Viewing)

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • June 14th - Man of Steel - Action Adventure with Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Kevin Costner….

23 57.50%
  • June 14th - The Bling Ring - Crime comedy with Emma Watson, Leslie Mann, Gavin Rossdale…

8 20.00%
  • June 14th - This Is the End - Sci-Fi Comedy with Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, James Franco…

6 15.00%
  • June 21st - World War Z - Action horror thriller with Brad Pitt, Matthew Fox and David Morse

12 30.00%
  • June 28th - The Heat - Action Comedy with Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy, Michael Rapaport…

9 22.50%
  • July 3rd - The Lone Ranger - Action adventure western with Armie Hammer, Johnny Depp…

8 20.00%
  • July 5th - The Way, Way Back - Comedy with Steve Carell, Toni Collette, Allison Janney…

6 15.00%
  • July 19th - Girl Most Likely - Comedy with Kristen Wiig, Annette Benning, Matt Dillon…

7 17.50%
  • July 19th - The Conjuring - Horror thriller with Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga, Lili Taylor…

5 12.50%
  • July 24th - The Wolverine - Action Adventure with Hugh Jackman and Famke Janssen

12 30.00%
  • August 2nd - 2 Guns - Action with Mark Wahlberg, Denzel Washington, James Marsden…

1 2.50%
  • August 9th - Elysium - Sci-Fi with Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley and Diego Luna

13 32.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

Let's Talk Movies! #23 : A Wolverine, A Super Dude and the End of the World. T

Whatever happened to Maniac, with Elijah Wood? I really wanted to see it but it never was listed at any of the theaters. I think it was supposed to come out in June? Was it delayed or just had a limited release?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Whatever happened to Maniac, with Elijah Wood? I really wanted to see it but it never was listed at any of the theaters. I think it was supposed to come out in June? Was it delayed or just had a limited release?
    Looks like limited/filmfest release only. Speculation on the imdb boards is that it's far to brutal/violent for wider theatre distribution.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Two thumbs down...way down:

Lawless (Tom Hardy, Jessica Chastain, Shia LaBeouf, Guy Pearce, Gary Oldman) - So I had watched about a half hour of this and wasn't really into it (mainly because the characters are all unlikeable and immoral). So I said to myself, just watch another half hour and see if there's something to keep you watching. And about ten minutes into the second half hour, there is a fight scene that was so disgusting that I said, "F--- this S---", pressed stop, took the DVD out of the player and returned the movie to the library. Yuck!!!

Thumbs down again to Intervention (Jennifer Tilly, Charles Dance, Andie MacDowell, Colm Feore) - This is one that I stumbled upon at the library. It had a really good cast and a drama about people working through their issues at a rehab clinic sounded interesting. But again, the characters are all unlikeable and their lack of self-awareness is shocking. And you know how movies add a dramatic soundtrack to let you know that drama happens? Not only is that added, but it's so loud that it drowns out the dialogue at times. Plus there's no subtitles option, so I literally couldn't hear/understand what was being said. And the acting was good enough that it would have worked with no music at all. But a combo of great actors and stupid characters is a shame, so after about the same amount of time as Lawless, I gave up on this one.

I hope I've saved y'all some time with these two reviews.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Looks like limited/filmfest release only. Speculation on the imdb boards is that it's far to brutal/violent for wider theatre distribution.
    Thanks. I did some more research and you can also find it on VOD. Amazon and even iTunes were listed but I haven't checked to confirm that. I don't know if those versions are toned down or not. I prefer to wait for the directors cut.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Anyone see "The Conjuring"? I screened it last week but was too busy to post my thoughts earlier.

Standard horror fare with pretty good scares. I watched the trailer and knew when many scary parts were coming, and still freaked out.

Dialogue was a little corny in parts, but it was based off a '70s true story so I guess they were trying to be historically accurate. I love Vera Farmiga.

One gripe:

Spoiler

Nothing else of note coming out in August.

Side note, "Cloud Atlas" was one of the worst movies I saw last year. I was eyeing the exit 2 hours in ... and barely made it to the end.

having a nice day
    vCash
    So I got the novel of "cloud atlas"-I'm 65 pages in and so far it's v v gd reading and since I had seen the film I pretty much ROTFLOL when the Ewing diary abuptly cut off. Frobisher' letters are hilarious. Hehe!!! I recommend trying the novel if you didn't care for the film :-)

Back to film, I got "about a boy" to see why Nicholas hoult won so much aclaim. Yes well-deserved. Not only does he hold his own against hugh grant he often does one better.

vCash
    Thanks for the information on Lawless. This is one of those movies I have been meaning to rent for a long long time but keep forgetting. I guess I will just wait until it comes on TV instead of spending the money.
    -Brian

vCash
    So one of the big, big news from Comic-Con today is that instead of doing a straight Man of Steel 2 like was speculated, they're doing Superman/Batman, a movie starring both. I'm assuming Batman will be played by Joseph Gordon Levitt. Anyway, it sounds pretty cool. When you think about it, it's a pretty good move on the part of DC because it really is WAY too soon to try and one-up Avengers, but it's not a straight sequel.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    So one of the big, big news from Comic-Con today is that instead of doing a straight Man of Steel 2 like was speculated, they're doing Superman/Batman, a movie starring both. I'm assuming Batman will be played by Joseph Gordon Levitt. Anyway, it sounds pretty cool. When you think about it, it's a pretty good move on the part of DC because it really is WAY too soon to try and one-up Avengers, but it's not a straight sequel.
    I LOVE Batman, but I'm not so sure about this news. Superman hadn't really come into his own yet in Man of Steel, and to share screentime with another bigtime hero in the sequel? Something tells me that both will be shortchanged.

And I don't think Batman will be played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Chris Nolan has said that his Batman story is done, so the new Batman will probably be a reboot instead of a continuation. Even though some fanboys want to believe that it was Superman who saved Batman from the bomb at the last second in The Dark Knight Rises.

There were rumors that they were considering Denzel Washington for Lex Luthor in Man of Steel 2, which actually got me pretty excited. But now...I'm not sure. It definitely will be money in the bank though!

vCash
    The reason Superman never came into his own in MoS is because the movie was so horrible and never took more than 2 minutes to try and work on any kind of character development.
    -Brian

vCash
    Driving back from Comic-Con in a little bit.

I'm not a fan, but "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" footage was incredible: http://www.toofab.com/2013/07/20/the...ler-comic-con/

I'm meh about the Superman/Batman movie, and was apprehensive about how the two "X-Men" casts would come together in "Days of Future Past," but my belief in Bryan Singer has been redeemed (although he's slightly creepy in real life). Plus, Anna Paquin's back. Oh, and there are Sentinels!

More when I get back.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Saw Red 2 yesterday. It didn't have quite the same level of surprising fun as the first one, but it was still very entertaining. And my very-hard-to-please 78-year-old father liked it, which was the point of the excursion.

Heavy focus on the Willis-Malkovich buddy relationship, which was well done, but not enough Helen Mirren for my preference. And although Mary-Louise Parker was just fine in her role, it really didn't fit the dynamic (which I guess was part of the point).

And holy cow is Byung-hun Lee ripped!

vCash
    The next Hunger Games installment looks awesome. The effects looked much better than in the first movie. I bet they have a lot more money to work with this go round.
    -Brian

vCash
    The first Hunger Games was made on a surprisingly small budget considering the grenre and blockbuster it was supposed to be...I think it was somewhere around 80mil? Obviously, Catching Fire has reaped the benefits of being second and has a LOT more cash to work with, which as we all can see, is paying off. They'll be glad they've got a better budget for the rest of the films because Mockingjay 1 and particularly 2 could potentially break the bank, lol. The last one in particular will be QUITE special-effects heavy.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    So Despicable Me 2 could not hold onto the top spot at the box office this week, The Conjuring easily won out with 41 million at the box office (:eek) compared to DM2's 25 million. But DM2 is now at 276 million in U.S. box office alone, so no need to shed a tear! A couple of interesting things about The Conjuring. Not only did it take in big bucks, but it played in less theatres than any of the other movies in the top five. Plus it took in a whopping $14,000 per theatre, more than double that of any other movie in the top ten. imdb.com lists the budget for The Conjuring at 13 million, so it's already made a profit in just three days of release.

The bad news is for Ryan Reynolds (as well as Jeff Bridges and Kevin Bacon). R.I.P.D. took in less than 13 million in it's debut. And imdb.com lists the budget at 130 million!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    So one of the big, big news from Comic-Con today is that instead of doing a straight Man of Steel 2 like was speculated, they're doing Superman/Batman, a movie starring both. I'm assuming Batman will be played by Joseph Gordon Levitt.
    It would be....umm...interesting to see the 6'1" Henry Cavill in scenes next to the 5'9" Joseph Gordon-Levitt...

vCash
    Holy crap does Catching Fire look fantastic. I teared up at the end. SOOOO EXCITED!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    It would be....umm...interesting to see the 6'1" Henry Cavill in scenes next to the 5'9" Joseph Gordon-Levitt...
    They're doing wonderful things with lifts these days. Just ask Tom Cruise.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Afterlife
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    They're doing wonderful things with lifts these days. Just ask Tom Cruise.
    Also if the Lord of the Rings movies are any indication forced perspective is a wonderful trick.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    Driving back from Comic-Con in a little bit.

I'm not a fan, but "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" footage was incredible: http://www.toofab.com/2013/07/20/the...ler-comic-con/
    I'm not a fan either but loved the 1st movie. And Catching Fire looks terrific. I can't wait to see it. Everdeen always has the coolest dresses

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast