View Poll Results: Which Of These New Movies Interest You? (Trailers Below For Viewing)

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • June 14th - Man of Steel - Action Adventure with Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Kevin Costner….

23 57.50%
  • June 14th - The Bling Ring - Crime comedy with Emma Watson, Leslie Mann, Gavin Rossdale…

8 20.00%
  • June 14th - This Is the End - Sci-Fi Comedy with Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, James Franco…

6 15.00%
  • June 21st - World War Z - Action horror thriller with Brad Pitt, Matthew Fox and David Morse

12 30.00%
  • June 28th - The Heat - Action Comedy with Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy, Michael Rapaport…

9 22.50%
  • July 3rd - The Lone Ranger - Action adventure western with Armie Hammer, Johnny Depp…

8 20.00%
  • July 5th - The Way, Way Back - Comedy with Steve Carell, Toni Collette, Allison Janney…

6 15.00%
  • July 19th - Girl Most Likely - Comedy with Kristen Wiig, Annette Benning, Matt Dillon…

7 17.50%
  • July 19th - The Conjuring - Horror thriller with Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga, Lili Taylor…

5 12.50%
  • July 24th - The Wolverine - Action Adventure with Hugh Jackman and Famke Janssen

12 30.00%
  • August 2nd - 2 Guns - Action with Mark Wahlberg, Denzel Washington, James Marsden…

1 2.50%
  • August 9th - Elysium - Sci-Fi with Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley and Diego Luna

13 32.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    having a nice day
    vCash
    Just watched a short called "The Accountant." Had no idea why it won an academy award from the description on the cover. Well. Lol. It sure do put a whole 'nother spin on "creative accounting." I highly recommend it.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I also recommend Butter. It was hilarious. I've actually seen it more than once and I don't watch many movies again after a viewing.

I am thrilled Long Ranger didn't pull in big numbers. I don't know why, it doesn't really affect me in any way but Depp can't keep putting this crap out forever. Time to do something else. Maybe this will push him that way.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    New movies this week, the first three being ones already mentioned earlier (but with different trailers this time). Looks from the view counts that we're going to see another butt-kicking with the robots overpowering the grown-ups. Was surprised to see such a big difference in views for the first two.

July 12 - Pacific Rim - Sci-Fi Action with Charlie Hunnam, Idris Elba and Ron Perlman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5fyl7AzU68
    13 million views

July 12 - Grown Ups 2 - Comedy with Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade, Taylor Lautner, Patrick Schwarzenegger, Cheri Oteri, Salma Hayek, Steve Buscemi, Milo Ventimiglia, Maria Bello, Maya Rudolph, Andy Samberg, Steve Austin, Will Forte, Jon Lovitz, Tim Meadows, Shaquille O'Neal and Colin Quinn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ64f4yE9fA
    2.9 million views

July 12 - Fruitvale Station - Drama with Octavia Spencer, Kevin Durand, Chad Michael Murray and Michael B. Jordan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRlu1Dsc39I

And the rest, some comments at the end:

July 12 - The Hunt – Danish drama with Mads Mikkelsen. From imdb.com: “A teacher lives a lonely life, all the while struggling over his son's custody. His life slowly gets better as he finds love and receives good news from his son, but his new luck is about to be brutally shattered by an innocent little lie.”
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK9cO7QN8Ak

July 12 - Terms and Conditions May Apply – Documentary. From imdb.com: “Terms And Conditions May Apply examines the cost of so-called 'free' services and the continuing disappearance of online privacy. People may think they know what they give up when they click 'I Agree' on companies like Facebook and Google. They're wrong.”
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzyafieRcWE

July 12 – Dealin’ With Idiots – Comedy with Gina Gershon, Jami Gertz, Fred Willard, Bob Odenkirk, Nia Vardalos and Richard Kind
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx96Px0hCzQ

July 9 - Coffee Town – Comedy with new cast, Adrianne Palicki and Josh Groban
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MagOLStZWvs

July 12 - The Hot Flashes – Comedy with Brooke Shields, Virginia Madsen, Daryl Hannah, Wanda Sykes, Camryn Manheim and Eric Roberts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8hjDrVPOJ4

July 12 - Still Mine – Drama with James Cromwell, Geneviève Bujold, Campbell Scott
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv_Rl0CBPNs

July 12 - Killing Season - Action thriller with Robert De Niro, John Travolta, Milo Ventimiglia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yseYEtQoJQ

July 12 - Pawn Shop Chronicles – Action comedy with Paul Walker, Matt Dillon, Rachel Lefevre, Brendan Fraser, Vincent D'Onofrio, Norman Reedus (The Walking Dead), Thomas Jane, Ashlee Simpson and Elijah Wood
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfg6V4tyfDY

July 12 - Crystal Fairy - Adventure comedy with Michael Cera and Gabby Hoffman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7nInvUzAI8
    500, 000 views

July 12 - War Flowers – Drama with Christina Ricci, Jason Gedrick, Tom Berenger
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtk55BLSJOc

July 12 - V/H/S 2 – Horror thriller
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQybYqUIGy8

The first two look really good, can’t wait to see them. I had seen the trailer for The Hunt a few weeks back and it looks so good! And Terms and Conditions…might be pretty in it’s own (good) way.

Dealin’ With Idiots looks like it could be really funny, a very good cast and I think it might be like the Christopher Guest movies with a lot of improvisation, so they probably had a lot of great takes to choose from, which means a lot of laughter for us in the audience. And Coffee Town I had no expectations for, but it looks like it could be quite good. Not sure I expected Josh Groban to be the funniest part of a comedy movie, either!

Still Mine and the Killing Season definitely left me wanting, especially with those casts! With both trailers I thought, “what is this supposed to be about??” by the end. And as we’ve talked about with Johnny Depp recycling his onscreen persona over and over, how about Michael Cera? Are his fifteen minutes up?

And of course I saved the worst for last. V/H/S 2 has such a bad trailer that I couldn’t even watch it all. And War Flowers might be the worst movie of the year. I swear that the director must have had a loved one in the hospital and the cast said, “just go, we’ll cover for you!” because it really looks like there was no director handling this movie...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    I saw World War Z last night. The action sequences were good, but I absolutely hated the wife and kids. Every time the younger one opened her mouth, I was hoping she'd get eaten by zombies. And the

Spoiler

Hahaha I was hoping the same thing.

And I agree with you about the head slap moments. Overall though, it was not as bad as I expected. It was the first zombie movie I saw. I'm well aware WWZ might not be a typical of the genre, but that was fun and well-paced, in my opinion.

Now if only

Spoiler

having a nice day
    vCash
    Whee PeterG! Tak for the heads-up on my man Mads! I think his acting is SO fine! Can't wait to see "the hunt" :-)

Other film s on mylist: "captain Philips"-tom hanks, pirates, not a comedy.
    "Olympus has fallen"-only because antoine Fuqua directed.
    "Now you see me"-liked trailer.

"Deadfall"-too long wait at library. Will dig thru my vhs tapes for films recorded but never watched. Came up with "belle du jour" and "Cyrano de Bergerac." Wish me luck I luv French films but the language lulls me to sleep. I think maybe when I was a wee lil baby my great grandmama sang French songs to me. Who really knows but tres charmant, oui? Hehe ;-)

vCash
    Cyrano is my favorite play. Which film version is it? Whichever it is, hope you enjoy it!

I see TCM's Summer under the Stars lineup is out -- should I post it here, or start a new thread for it?
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I just screened "Pacific Rim" and interviewed the cast and crew.

Two words: Blown away.

Yes, it's "Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers" on steroids, but the special effects are mind-boggling. And talking to Guillermo del Toro, the man's vision is astounding.

Total dude movie.

Next up: "The Conjuring!"

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I see TCM's Summer under the Stars lineup is out -- should I post it here, or start a new thread for it?
    I feel a little offended when someone starts a new movie thread, but that's just my hang-up. People do seem to like the individual TCM threads. But moreso the x Days of Oscar month? Less familiar with Summer Under The Stars...what's it's theme? (Maybe this means it should have it's own thread... )

vCash
    They feature a different actor every day. It's another annual thing -- they do it every August.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Still Mine is great. I saw it in my movie preview club in the winter. James Cromwell is just wonderful as is Gen Bujold, but Cromwell has the big part. Based on a true story, it is a great love story of real people.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    One big recommendation and one, "I think I really recommend this..."

Rust and Bone (Marion Cotillard) - This was pretty much a perfect movie in my opinion. I checked to see if it won an Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film and who beat Cotillard for Best Actress. It got no Oscar nominations!!! WTF??!! I think Cotillard was better in this than La Vie En Rose, but the real star of this movie is the writing and directing. It's almost like watching a documentary of these people's lives, but better than that because the script has just enough structure to make every minute so watch-able. Can't rave enough about this one.

The other one I'm fairly sure I'm raving about () is Cloud Atlas. I started watching it late last night and had to fight to not stay up really late to finish watching it (it's almost three hours long). I didn't feel the movie dragged at any time, maybe that's because they had so many storylines happening at so many different time periods. Each scene moved quickly to the next, no time wasted. The reason I sound confused about recommending this one is because I don't really understand it....and don't really care about that! In the one DVD extra, Tom Hanks basically says the same thing. I guess he felt the project was so interesting and the script was so good that he didn't care about the need to fully understand everything because it was an incredible adventure to take part in. And I felt like that as a viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I don't understand. I already saw White House Down but it was under a different working title, Olympus Has Fallen. Somehow, White House Down looks worse and the line the President gives about his shoes is cringe worthy. I can not imagine a President acting like Jamie Foxx, sorry.
    I know all white people like alike, but Gerard Butler and Channing Tatum REALLY ARE two different people!!

Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I've wondered how Keanu Reeves keeps getting jobs for a very long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    Another fun Audrey Hepburn movie is How to Steal a Million with Peter O'Toole; it's an art heist caper film. One of my faces
    Thanks. Just added that to my list.

having a nice day
    vCash
    Did not watch my French films-downloaded Hello Kitty Carnival and found myself unable to stop playing!!!! It was cool enough this am to bike to library so came home with "NO" "Snitch" (I like the rock:-) "the hunter" (Wilhelm Dafoe/ sam neill" & "the master"(again...cause jp is just ssssssoooo darn gd!)

vCash
    I am going to see Pacific Rim in an hour. Will let you all know what I think.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Teaser trailer for How To Train Your Dragon 2. It doesn't reveal any plot, but it looks fantastic! And I'm generally not a fan of 3D, but dude, I HAVE to see this in 3D!
    Also, Hiccup got kind of hot.

I'm seeing WWZ tomorrow.

vCash
    Oops, please delete

vCash
    Pacific Rim was really good. Some cheesy lines and some not so great acting at times but it was nice to see an ORIGINAL movie for once. Not a sequel, remake, comic book, etc. If this is based on anything then I have never heard of it. The special effects are just amazing. Some of the fighting scenes were a little too close up and it could be hard to tell what you were even looking at but that seemed to either get better as the movie went on or I got used to it.
    -Brian

vCash
    World War Z rating from me: 3 out of 5 stars. I think I would've liked the original ending better, the way it is now felt a bit too, I don't know, convenient? Easy? But I still liked it, and for once I didn't find the 3D to be annoying at all.

Fun fact: I can sound exactly like the zombies in this film.

having a nice day
    vCash
    "The Hunter" with Willem Dafoe turned out to be really sad. I was surprised at that because 3/4 of the story seems to be following a standard, conventional action plot then wham! it twists and it's so sad what it sez about humanity.

"NO" which looked so promising in the trailer has already put me to sleep TWICE. I'll try it again-maybe 3rd time is the charm?

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by immoimeme View Post
    "NO" which looked so promising in the trailer has already put me to sleep TWICE. I'll try it again-maybe 3rd time is the charm?
    It did pick up, somewhat, in the back 1/3 or so, but it was still a bit of a disappointment to me. As a piece of recent political history it's quite fascinating, and I enjoyed seeing the actual campaign commercials -- from both sides -- but as a film it wasn't terribly well executed. In particular I found the human element completely lacking. I am glad I saw it though.

vCash
    I saw Monsters University and was really disappointed. They translated that college experience quite well into the Monsters world, but I didn't find much creativity in this work. Nothing surprised me. The only convincing "character" was Hardscrabble.
    Toy Story 3 or Wreck-It Ralph were so much better than this barely entertaining prequel.

Even Despicable Me 2 was more creative.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast