View Poll Results: Which Of These New Movies Interest You? (Trailers Below For Viewing)

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • June 14th - Man of Steel - Action Adventure with Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Kevin Costner….

23 57.50%
  • June 14th - The Bling Ring - Crime comedy with Emma Watson, Leslie Mann, Gavin Rossdale…

8 20.00%
  • June 14th - This Is the End - Sci-Fi Comedy with Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, James Franco…

6 15.00%
  • June 21st - World War Z - Action horror thriller with Brad Pitt, Matthew Fox and David Morse

12 30.00%
  • June 28th - The Heat - Action Comedy with Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy, Michael Rapaport…

9 22.50%
  • July 3rd - The Lone Ranger - Action adventure western with Armie Hammer, Johnny Depp…

8 20.00%
  • July 5th - The Way, Way Back - Comedy with Steve Carell, Toni Collette, Allison Janney…

6 15.00%
  • July 19th - Girl Most Likely - Comedy with Kristen Wiig, Annette Benning, Matt Dillon…

7 17.50%
  • July 19th - The Conjuring - Horror thriller with Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga, Lili Taylor…

5 12.50%
  • July 24th - The Wolverine - Action Adventure with Hugh Jackman and Famke Janssen

12 30.00%
  • August 2nd - 2 Guns - Action with Mark Wahlberg, Denzel Washington, James Marsden…

1 2.50%
  • August 9th - Elysium - Sci-Fi with Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley and Diego Luna

13 32.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I don't understand. I already saw White House Down but it was under a different working title, Olympus Has Fallen. Somehow, White House Down looks worse and the line the President gives about his shoes is cringe worthy. I can not imagine a President acting like Jamie Foxx, sorry.

We watched Hitchcock on DVD last night and rather enjoyed it. Not sure why all the focus on him looking at other women and her almost having an affair but ok...
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    Y'all can keep your depressing movies and your MoS; I went to see Monsters University yesterday. Two big thumbs up!

So, will Lego The Movie be on your 'to see' list? I've just seen a trailer for it and it looks like a very funny movie

Can't wait to see Man of Steel as well
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

vCash
    If you want really depressing, check out the Original ending to World War Z. This explains why Matthew Fox had such a small role.

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/wor...l-ending/12638

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Watched Never Been Kissed this weekend. Drew Barrymore along with Molly Shannon, John C. Reilly, David Arquette, Leelee Sobieski and Michael Vartan. And in smaller roles, Jessica Biel, Octavia Spencer, James Franco, Jeremy Jordan and Garry Marshall. LOVED IT! My main thought while watching this was, "why have I waited so long to see this one"? (It came out in 1999.) Probably Barrymore at her best, very sweet, charming and funny. You have to give her credit for keeping the focus of the audience being surrounded by such an incredible cast. Glad to have finally caught this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyCurry View Post
    I agree with everything stated above, except the comment on Diane Lane. I loved that natural look on her in the movie.
    I'll take Diane Lane any way I can get her. Nights in Rodanthe was the last movie of hers that I've seen and she helped elevate it to a level that other actresses could not have done. According to imdb.com she only has one project on the horizon, it might not have even started filmed yet, though. It's called "Every Secret Thing" and is a crime drama co-starring Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Banks. The plot summary: "A detective looks to unravel a mystery surrounding missing children and the prime suspects: two young women who, seven years ago, were put away for an infant's death."

Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    I thought Diane Lane was fine in the movie, but I have no clue why they hired an actress of her stature and then gave her basically nothing to do!

PeterG, you're not fooling me. You only liked the movie because of Henry Cavill getting frequently shirtless. (IHOP had nothing to do with it!)
    Oh, I'll admit it when I watch a movie just for the hotness factor. That's what Cavill's last project ended up being (The Cold Light Of Day). It started off so well. (And not just for the shirtless scenes.) But the ending really fell flat for me, in SPITE of the involvement of Sigourney Weaver. (Boy, do I hope she got a BIG paycheque for making her way through this dreck...!) So at the end of that movie to realize that Cavill's necked-ness was the biggest plus was a disappointment. But I'll take what I can get...

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Has anyone see "And Justice For All..." (Al Pacino) or Ali (Will Smith)? I watched the trailers for each, but that didn't help me decide whether I should hunt them down to watch. So reviews appreciated!
    So only one response for the former, nothing for the latter. Sounds like I should skip both of these?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Watched Never Been Kissed this weekend. Drew Barrymore along with Molly Shannon, John C. Reilly, David Arquette, Leelee Sobieski and Michael Vartan. And in smaller roles, Jessica Biel, Octavia Spencer, James Franco, Jeremy Jordan and Garry Marshall. LOVED IT! My main thought while watching this was, "why have I waited so long to see this one"? (It came out in 1999.) Probably Barrymore at her best, very sweet, charming and funny. You have to give her credit for keeping the focus of the audience being surrounded by such an incredible cast. Glad to have finally caught this one.
    I remember enjoying that one very much too -- and also remember thinking that it could have been really icky but they managed to aim things just right. Didn't remember all those supporting cast members though -- except for Sobieski, who is one of my favourite lesser-knowns. Must try to find it for a re-watch.

I recently rewatched another Barrymore film, though -- Ever After. It still holds up very well, and I like the interpretation of the story.

vCash
    I adore Never Been Kissed, Ever After, and The Wedding Singer. All three of those are some of my favorites to pull out when I just need to smile and feel good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post

So, will Lego The Movie be on your 'to see' list? I've just seen a trailer for it and it looks like a very funny movie

Can't wait to see Man of Steel as well
    Not sure about Lego The Movie; the trailer didn't appeal to me, but wild horses will not keep me away from Despicable Me 2 next week. Bring on the Minions.

vCash
    I'm seeing Despicable Me 2 today. I have to make my way to a theatre on the other side of Stockholm to see it in English rather than Swedish, but hey, Minions!

vCash
    The minions are the BEST. Only thing I really liked about the first movie. (Gru was kind of funny, but I found the story dull.)
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Two movies I recommend...and one "skip it" (in spite of its director):

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (Jane Russell and Marilyn Monroe, 1953). I'm pretty sure I had never seen this (). So another one that made me think, "how come I had never seen this before!!". Loved how they copied Madonna's "Material Girl" for one scene. Overall, just a lot of fun and another soundtrack I'm going to seek out...even though it's only five songs. A little goes a long way, I guess. Favourite line for me was when Marilyn's character finds out that the tiara in her hands is actually not a necklace, but is to be worn on the head: "Oh, I just love finding new ways to wear diamonds!"

An Ideal Husband (1999). What a cast! Cate Blanchett, Julianne Moore, Jeremy Northam, Minnie Driver...and Rupert Everett steals the movie out from all of them. Mind you, he has the showiest role with the most wonderful lines. Although his father has the line that made me laugh the most:

Lord Caversham: Do you always understand everything you say?

Lord Arthur Goring: Yes... if I listen attentively.

Lord Caversham: Conceited young puppy!

My only complaint about An Ideal Husband is that the library copy I had wouldn't work at chapter twenty. I washed the disc with light soapy water (a trick I learned working at a public library, which usually does the trick) and left it overnight to dry. But the next day I still couldn't watch two minutes where I believe Goring gets the incrimininating letter from Lady Cheveley. Not sure how he did that. And later, when Lady Cheveley leaves London, she talks about how something she's done will create havoc for others...not sure how that ties in with what happens....

And lastly, Alfred Hitchcock's "Sabotage". I couldn't find a trailer for it, the one that looks like a trailer actually gives away the biggest plot point. But...someone has posted the whole movie online! It's only 76 minutes long (the good news) but the most poorly made Hitchcock movie I could have imagined (the bad news, of course). It's interesting that only two years later, Hitchcock made "The Lady Vanishes" which I quite enjoyed. Maybe he just had a bad year in '36??

Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Alexandra View Post
    Me and my mama watched Bronson yesterday. It took a while to get into, but once I did it was quite entertaining. Tom Hardy is brilliant in it, and he somehow almost looked bigger and more muscular as Charlie Bronson than he did as Bane.
    I checked out the trailer for this one. It looks like a very well-made film, and Tom Hardy is an amazing actor, but it looks pretty dark. One of the blurbs in the middle of the trailer is something along the lines of "today's Clockwork Orange". I think I've been watching too many dramas to take this one on. Plus I haven't recovered from World War Z either...

Quote Originally Posted by immoimeme View Post
    "all is lost"-robert Redford and a boat and v little dialogue can't be missed!
    You made me think I had missed a Robert Redford movie. "All Is Lost"? I haven't heard of that one. But it's coming out in October (on my birthday) There's a trailer at youtube, but it's just one scene that I can't imagine is an official trailer as it's not very exciting. But shows possibility...? Speaking of Redford, he has two upcoming movies as an actor. "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" will be out in 2014 and he is starring in, producing and directing "A Walk In The Woods" a movie version of Bill Bryson's memoir. His co-star will be Nick Nolte
    Last edited by PeterG; 06-26-2013 at 05:48 PM. Reason: my usual excessive use of exclamation points!!! ;)

vCash
    I don't like A Clockwork Orange. Bronson is better, in my opinion; violent, quite disgusting in places, but not so damn depressing.

Despicable Me 2 wasn't as good as the first one. It was amusing, sure, but not enough for me to eagerly await the arrival of the dvd.

vCash
    I loooooove depressing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    LOL!

As an aside ... have you seen the tv series Call the Midwife? There was a behind-the-scenes snippet that talked about the extremely realistic looking dolls they used that most of the cast couldn't tell from the live babies until they picked them up. I'm guessing that, even if they hadn't used real babies in MoS, chances are they would have been dolls/animatronics rather than CGI.
    I have not seen that show... But I have heard that one of those life-like newborn dolls they use for movies can cost tens of thousands of dollars...

Y'all can keep your depressing movies and your MoS; I went to see Monsters University yesterday. Two big thumbs up!
    I watched MU too and had a blast I wish it was a sequel not a prequel though...

Not sure about Lego The Movie; the trailer didn't appeal to me, but wild horses will not keep me away from Despicable Me 2 next week. Bring on the Minions.
    Can't wait for DM2 The little girl is so cute~

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    So three weeks ago I was near a couple of libraries about 45 minutes from my home and decided to grab a bunch of DVD's on my To See list that weren't at my local library. (Ten at each library!! ) Today I FINALLY finished the last of them:

Their Eyes Were Watching God (2005, Halle Berry and Terrence Howard). A really good TV movie. The movie lags somewhat in the middle, but the last quarter is really great and includes a great movie line

Spoiler

Boycott (2001, HBO - Jeffrey Wright, Terrence Howard and CCH Pounder). About the bus boycotts in Montgomery, Alabama (1955). Very good movie, but heavy subject matter. Couldn't find a trailer for it, but here's one short clip from the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWA0_s0bIMI

A Walk In The Clouds (Keanu Reeves, Anthony Quinn, Freddy Rodriguez and Debra Messing). Oh my God, Keane Reeves is the Worst. Actor. Ever. This movie is actually decent, but every time Reeves appears on screen (or worse!) speaks...the whole movie comes crashing down. He is beyond God-Awful.

The Bishop's Wife (1947, Cary Grant, Loretta Young, David Niven). What a creepy angel! Manipulating people, creeping up on them, cozying up to his supervisor's wife. Who is his REAL boss?? Could it be....SATAN??? I thought this was supposed to be a classic, but except for a few nice moments, it was kind discomforting. One funny bit, though

Spoiler

Interiors (Diane Keaton, Geraldine Page, Maureen Stapleton, E.G. Marshall and Sam Waterston). Wow. Most miserable group of people ever. If you feel horrible and think you are surrounded by the most horrendous people on the planet, just watch this movie to see how wrong you are.

vCash
    I've wondered how Keanu Reeves keeps getting jobs for a very long time now.

vCash

Interiors (Diane Keaton, Geraldine Page, Maureen Stapleton, E.G. Marshall and Sam Waterston). Wow. Most miserable group of people ever. If you feel horrible and think you are surrounded by the most horrendous people on the planet, just watch this movie to see how wrong you are.
    I hated this movie with the fires of a 1,000 Hells, and I wanted to stand up in the theatre and scream "Hallelujah" when Maureen Stapleton breezed through the door in her red dress and put an end to Geraldine Page's reign of beige.

vCash
    Those of you with an interest in the history of film might want to watch this:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

vCash
    I just finished World War Z - the book, not the film. I really doubt I'll like the film as much as I like the book, but I'll see it anyway.

vCash

An Ideal Husband (1999). What a cast! Cate Blanchett, Julianne Moore, Jeremy Northam, Minnie Driver...and Rupert Everett steals the movie out from all of them. Mind you, he has the showiest role with the most wonderful lines. Although his father has the line that made me laugh the most:
    Rupert Everett was one of the most gorgeous man ever. He said that coming out hurt his career as a leading man in Hollywood. I have to say that I agree. Everett would've made a fine 007.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Those of you with an interest in the history of film might want to watch this:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29
    Yes indeed. Thanks for the tip.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast