Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Joe T.s is family run, served family style. It is authentic Tex mex handed dwn from great Abuela's recipes a century + old. That's the draw. They serve an enchilada dinner and a fajita dinner -- with all the fixins -- nachos, tacos, guacamole, etc. etc. And the best Sangria on the planet. You go for the experience and the authenticity - not the number of choices on the menu. I prefer it to Uncle Julios (drunken frat scene) or Papacitas (meh - chain).

Oh - and its worth noting that, at least the last time I went there (three years ago?) Joe Ts was a cash only establishment.

The Flying Saucer used to be one of my haunts when I lived in FW -- there was, anyway, a nice patio outside where you could get away from the crowd, and sometimes live music. Good cigars upstairs. We loved it there.

Angelos for BBQ -- must definitely.

Dallas isn't worth the drive. :p

vCash
    Even though I live closer to Fort Worth than to Dallas I disagree it isn't worth the drive. In particular the Deep Ellem area has a lot of fun & funky bars & restaurants.

BTW, even though Joe T's is a cash only place they do have an ATM machine there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12