vCash

Frank Carroll renews partnership at Toyota Sports Center

vCash
    Thanks for the confirmation. Dr. George Rossano had first reported this possibility earlier this month in the News Nuggets section of his site as follows:
    May 3 - Frank Carroll has been offered a contract to return to the Toyota Sports Center in El Segundo, CA from his current location in Cathedral City, CA, beginning 1 June. He will be bringing with him Denis Ten and Evan Lysacek once the contract is signed.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I wonder if Leah Keiser will go back to him now that John Nicks no longer plans to travel to competitions.

vCash
    Wonder if Mirai will contemplate a return to Frank. I kind of doubt it, but who knows?
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Good for him; and for skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I wonder if Leah Keiser will go back to him now that John Nicks no longer plans to travel to competitions.
    Keiser's Team USA bio now lists Tammy Gambill in addition to John Nicks: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...=101024&mode=I
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Article with quotes by Frank Carroll: Lysacek, Ten will move with Carroll to L.A. facility
    Excerpts:
    "Yes, I am going back to the Toyota Sports Center, at least for a year anyway," said Carroll in a telephone interview from Chicago, where he is attending the Professional Skaters Association conference. "I love it a lot at the (Desert) Ice Castle, but there is no Olympic-sized rink, no three surfaces, no private ice and no gymnasium. Toyota now has three ice surfaces, and they promised us as much ice as we would need."

The plan for Lysacek is to come up with a new short program, but he will use Samson and [Delilah] for his free. He had planned on using that music for the free skate last season but never unveiled it in competition because of injuries.

Carroll said [Denis] Ten originally had planned to use his routines from last season -- both of which were selections from the Oscar-winning movie, The Artist -- for the Olympic campaign, but since they were so successful last season, they felt they had to change gears for this season. Nichol will craft both programs, but the music has not been selected as of yet.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-23-2013 at 12:25 AM.

vCash
    Why did Frank move to the other rink in the first place if it didn't have all those things he said it didn't have like a Olympic sized rink and private ice time? Doesn't sound like it had much of what's needed to train world class skaters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Why did Frank move to the other rink in the first place if it didn't have all those things he said it didn't have like a Olympic sized rink and private ice time? Doesn't sound like it had much of what's needed to train world class skaters.
    I dont think he could have counted on either Denis being a medal threat or Evan returning to competition. I think he was easing to retirement, but now he has to go full throttle with these two skaters and their ambitions.

Could Ashley Wagner take from him? That would be quite the stable, and Ashley had been channeling Michelle anyway, who better to help her with that.

vCash
    Frank is a longtime resident/homeowner in Palm Springs area, hence, the development of the "Desert Ice Castle". Not surprised by the move back to El Segundo...I would suspect this was facilitated by Evan and Denis.

And, with Denis's development thru his work with Lori Nichol, I'm not surprised by the relocation. Frank achieved the OGM w/ Evan....why not take a break for one more year, and focus on two elite skaters, Denis and Evan. He will have his hands full with these two gentlemen.

I don't think Mirai will go back to Frank.

vCash
    Frank addressed his move back to Los Angeles in his interview with Dave and Jenny. He wasn't expecting to be coaching a World Silver Medalist as well as Evan Lysacek in the Olympic season. So it kind of forced him out of semi-retirement for one more season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    Could Ashley Wagner take from him? That would be quite the stable, and Ashley had been channeling Michelle anyway, who better to help her with that.
    That was my first thought. I hope so, but I doubt it, with John Nicks still on her team. But it would've been the perfect match, really. Ashley + Frank + Lori

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    It was close to his home.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy