Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    It was outlined in Liz Manley's second book, As I Am: My Life After The Olympics.

From memory, Liz and Caryn were taking from the same coach, Evelyn Kramer, and Kramer was the catylist in creating a rift between both skaters by favouring Caryn over Liz at one of the professional competitions they both skated in.

I wish I had a copy of the book with me to give you the exact details of the situation.
    I may be remembering this completely wrong, but there was a story about one skater's husband giving a medical exam to another skater and saying that the skater - who just happened to be competing against his wife at some pro event - had a fast heartbeat or something dreadful like that, and should not risk permanently damaging her health and should immediately withdraw from the competition. Which of course his wife won, after the other skater withdrew. And then the other skater went to a different doctor who examined her and laughed and said that there was absolutely nothing wrong with her.

I am thinking that Liz Manley told this story in her second book as it happened to her, and that it was Caryn Kadavy's husband at the time who was the doctor who gave the, uh, suspicious diagnosis. But I could be completely and utterly wrong, in which case I apologize to anyone I misidentified.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    That is roughly the story Manley gave... She wrote that Kadavy's husband diagnosed her with extremely high blood pressure before a pro-competition and I believe she suggested that this was probably sabotage.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Hey all. Thanks for the questions. I had a nice interview with Caryn today. She's as lovely in person as she is on the ice
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Looking forward to the interview!
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    I love the rapport you have with Caryn. What a lovely, relaxed, interesting interview. Thank you for sharing.

vCash
    Thanks for the interview. Where does Caryn live since she's not in Erie anymore?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12