Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    The Shakespeare theories are interesting! (I'm not equestrian enough to evaluate them myself though) But what I'm wondering is that a conspiracy theory? Is it alleged that the actual author of Shakespeare's works has been covered up? That there are those who knew who it was and have intentionally kept it sekret?
    Sorry, this is from Wikipedia, which is obviously not the most reliable of sources, but on the question of conspiracy it says:

The Shakespeare authorship question is the argument about whether someone other than William Shakespeare of Stratford-upon-Avon wrote the works attributed to him. Anti-Stratfordians—a collective term for adherents of the various alternative-authorship theories—say that Shakespeare of Stratford was a front to shield the identity of the real author or authors, who for some reason did not want or could not accept public credit.[
    and:

The arguments presented by anti-Stratfordians share several characteristics.They attempt to disqualify William Shakespeare as the author and usually offer supporting arguments for a substitute candidate. They often postulate some type of conspiracy that protected the author's true identity, which they say explains why no documentary evidence exists for their candidate and why the historical record supports Shakespeare's authorship.
    This is the link to the page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakesp...rship_question

rjblue, there is a section on Edward de Vere in this article, though you have probably already seen it. Doubtless there are some mistakes in these pages, as is par for the course with Wikipedia.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxdonym View Post
    Thanks but no thanks. You just don't GET IT, BlueRidge.
    I certainly do get it! You don't like horses!

Thanks, orientalplane. So it is very much a conspiracy theory!
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Yes, though clearly not all the anti-Stratfordians agree. Since writing my previous post, my mother (who is more knowledgeable on Shakespeare than I am) has told me the following:

Titus Andronicus - it is generally agreed that at least the early scenes were not written by Shakespeare; the other writer is often thought to be John Fletcher
    Pericles - it is generally accepted that this play was written in collaboration with George Wilkins
    Henry VIII - was probably written in collaboration with Fletcher, and its original title was probably All is True
    Henry VI Part 1 - it is quite possible that this was written mainly by Fletcher
    Henry VI Parts 2 and 3 - probably a collaboration with Fletcher
    The Two Noble Kinsmen - was almost certainly written by Fletcher and Shakespeare and is not included in some Complete Works of Shakespeare

I expect Prancer or someone else with more knowledge than I have may be able to provide additional (or conflicting!) information.
    Last edited by orientalplane; 07-10-2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: To correct typo
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    I accidentally came across a conspiracy theory I hadn't heard before while I was searching for something else (didn't find the something else!)

The earth is hollow.

I'm thinking this site is not too serious http://www.ourhollowearth.com/

Not so sure about this one http://www.hollowearththeory.com/

In any case, the hypothesis has an interesting history, see wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Earth
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456