Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    today i was told by someone i have known forever that i am stupid because i am the only person she knows who doesnt know or believe that sunscreen is a hoax. "all of her facebook friends" know it too. meanwhile her kids look like the early bird special at red lobster. someone in my family died of melanoma. or maybe they went into witness protection?
    How is that possible? You only have to wear sun screen one time to realize it DOES work. How is it even possible that someone can think this way? I am not surprised by the remark about Facebook. I can't tell you how many times people believe things just because it was posted on Facebook.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Documentary Alleges TWA Flight 800 Cover-Up: http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/docume...0#.Uci9VR_D-M8

Didn't see another thread on this story but thought it would be good here. I personally always thought there was more to this story at the time.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missing View Post
    The JFK assassination is the mother lode of conspiracy therories.

I think Lee Harvey Oswald was a lone gunman, but I don't think Jack Ruby acted alone.
    I believe you would definitely love the movie, JFK, if you haven't seen it already. It's very eye-opening which leads to quite a few scenarios regarding conspiracy.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    How is that possible? You only have to wear sun screen one time to realize it DOES work.
    Possibly they've heard the marketing hype about uber high SPF values. Under normal circumstances SPF30 is all you need for an afternoon in the sun. Some cosmetic companies are offering SPF100. Diminishing return.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    Documentary Alleges TWA Flight 800 Cover-Up: http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/docume...0#.Uci9VR_D-M8

Didn't see another thread on this story but thought it would be good here. I personally always thought there was more to this story at the time.
    I just heard about this!

quote from your link:
    according to the new documentary, named TWA Flight 800 and premiering on Epix next month, six former members of the official crash investigation have stepped forward to refute the NTSB's findings, saying the crash report was purposefully falsified, and to claim the investigation was "systematically undermined" by federal authorities.
    Of course, the big question as with most allegations of conspiracies, is why? Why would authorities conspire to falsify the results of the investigation?
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Looks like we have a new one over in Politically Incorrect http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...Hastings-death
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    today i was told by someone i have known forever that i am stupid because i am the only person she knows who doesnt know or believe that sunscreen is a hoax. "all of her facebook friends" know it too. meanwhile her kids look like the early bird special at red lobster. someone in my family died of melanoma. or maybe they went into witness protection?
    Actually that one is not as crazy as it may seem at first. Lot of sunscreens contain toxic chemicals that can cause cancer. Plus more importantly, sunscreen blocks vitamin D production, and vit D is absolutely vital for protection against cancer (among many many other things.) Not saying that getting a sunburn is a good idea, since that is definitely harmful, but totally avoiding any exposure may not be a good thing either. Sorry I don't have time to search for a better source right now, but here's a wiki article about the potential dangers of sunscreen.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i've seen on tv where sunscreens that block the sun a certain way are bad for you and we should be using the ones with the mineral blockage iirc
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I guess I never think of the possible bad side effects of sunscreen because I only wear sunscreen a few times of year which is during the summer when I go swimming. I am not one of those people who puts on sunscreen every time I step outside of my house and frankly, I find that to be too much. We are meant to be out in the sun, I am not going to slather greasy crap all over me every time I go outside for fear of some cancer I would probably get anyway. Now, getting burned constantly or tanning all the time is asking for it.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    -Kennedy's murder was an inside job.
    -Something happened that were not privy to in area 51 and Roswell.
    -John Wilkes Booth may have survived the barn burning and his friend was the one who got shot.
    -Taylor Swifts curls arent natural.
    Last edited by AnnieBgood; 06-28-2013 at 08:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    Of course, the big question as with most allegations of conspiracies, is why? Why would authorities conspire to falsify the results of the investigation?
    IRCC, there was a photo of a "missile-like" object heading towards the plane right before the explosion. I remember seeing the photo in NBC news channel coverage. People thought that perhaps the Navy accidentally shot down a civilian airliner. Hence the reason for falsification, etc.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post
    IRCC, there was a photo of a "missile-like" object heading towards the plane right before the explosion. I remember seeing the photo in NBC news channel coverage. People thought that perhaps the Navy accidentally shot down a civilian airliner. Hence the reason for falsification, etc.
    whoa

vCash
    whoa
    If you google flight twa800 missile photo, it should show up in the first row of images. For all we know, it could be a firefly on steroids streaking in the sky.

The other issue deals with the official explanation of how the airliner broke up in the air after the explosion. Many different people in the aviation industry, from pilots to airline mechanics have repeatedly stated that it makes no sense in terms of physics, aerodynamics, etc.

As for conspiracy theories, I don't believe the crazy stuff like UFOs (yes people say they "spotted" a UFO during the takeoff ). I don't believe it was terrorism. Terrorists would have been falling over themselves to take responsibility to achieve their own street cred.

But friendly fire taking out an airliner? That's a big one but I can see a cover up for it.

At the very least, I do feel this particular incident warrants another look.

vCash
    Happy Roswell Anniversary!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxdonym View Post
    Happy Roswell Anniversary!
    Yes, and check out today's Google Doodle!

(Of course we know what really happened there: it was Quark, Nog, and Rom. )

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I just watched that Deep Space Nine episode!

But I opened this thread because I remembered I do have one conspiracy-ish theory that I do believe. Most of Shakespeare's works were written by Edward De Vere.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    But I opened this thread because I remembered I do have one conspiracy-ish theory that I do believe. Most of Shakespeare's works were written by Edward De Vere.
    Highly unlikely; the historical records that show the plays to be Shakespeare's are too numerous, although he did probably collaborate on a few of them with John Fletcher, Thomas Middleton, George Wilkins, possibly Francis Bacon and possibly others.

The plays which are generally accepted to be co-written are (or include) Pericles, Titus Andronicus, Henry VI Parts 1,2, and 3, Henry VIII, and The Two Noble Kinsmen.
    Last edited by orientalplane; 07-10-2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: To add information
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Thank you for being so erudite.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxdonym View Post
    Thank you for being so erudite.
    Don't you mean thank you for being so equestrian?

just matching the gremlin to the sentence...

The Shakespeare theories are interesting! (I'm not equestrian enough to evaluate them myself though) But what I'm wondering is that a conspiracy theory? Is it alleged that the actual author of Shakespeare's works has been covered up? That there are those who knew who it was and have intentionally kept it sekret?

I'm also wondering if we don't categorize a lot of things as conspiracy theories that don't really involve conspiracies?

vCash
    Don't you mean thank you for being so equestrian?

just matching the gremlin to the sentence...
    Thanks but no thanks. You just don't GET IT, BlueRidge.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast