Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grannyfan View Post
    This reminded me of a TV show I saw a number of years ago called "The Water Engine." It was about a man who invented a way for automobile engines to run on water and the not surprising response of the big oil companies. The guy came to a bad end and no one else ever knew of his invention. Sort of a similar scenario to the cancer drug theory and one I've heard people say they think is true. Maybe not the water part, but some other better, cheaper, easy way that is being suppressed by big oil.
    I didn't see this movie, but there was someone in the 1970's who engineered an engine which produced hydrogen energy from water. The plan was for these to be made for cars, and the conspiracy was that the oil and motor companies killed the plan/patent. Toyota still has plans for a hydrogen fuel cell car, set to be released in 2015 - but with an excessively high price tag. http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...-cell/2128523/
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I think conspiracy theories are a lot of fun but I get positively angry with some friends on Facebook who do nothing but post links to conspiracy theories all day. Get a life, people, the government has many more important things to do than fly planes into buildings, bomb marathons and who knows what else. To me these theories are just good fiction, when people take them seriously I begin to wonder about the people and not the theories. Maybe some parts are true but you can't take one little fact and run with it to create a completely new reality.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I hate the ones that people post around saying watch out for this or that. A friend sent me one about not going to a particular shopping centre on a particular leading up to Xmas one year. I wrote back to her saying that she should take it with a grain of salt and that if she did her research she would discover that it was a hoax email. She wrote a very angry email back because she actually believed it. The concensus was that she should never send me emails like that again.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    The concensus was that she should never send me emails like that again.
    And we have a WINNER!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    According to Eyre: "Canadian Federation conspiracies are flying all over the Internet when there was no Canadian judges on the men's judging panel."
    Last edited by aftershocks; 05-22-2013 at 03:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missing View Post
    The JFK assassination is the mother lode of conspiracy therories.

I think Lee Harvey Oswald was a lone gunman, but I don't think Jack Ruby acted alone.
    In high school our history teacher showed us the Zapruter film. Ever since then I've found it physically impossible for Lee Harvey Oswald to have been the lone gunman. How is it possible for JFK's head to go BACK when the shot was from behind (where Oswald was)? Wouldn't his head had to have gone forward if Oswald shot JFK from the book depository? I've seen the layout of Dealey Plaza and where the book depository is in relation to the motorcade and the grassy knoll, so I tried to figure it out. Unless I'm missing the basic laws of physics, JFK's brain matter would not have flown onto the back of the car. This reminds me of the "magic loogie" theory from Seinfeld

The JFK assassination is the only conspiracy theory I've ever given any credence to, at any rate. Probably because I was so blown away by the Zapruter film.

vCash
    ^^ Wasn't the film suppressed for many years? Just as the Warren Commission findings were proselytized in order to brainwash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    And we have a WINNER!!!
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    that there is no such thing as global warming ...
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stanhope View Post
    In high school our history teacher showed us the Zapruter film. Ever since then I've found it physically impossible for Lee Harvey Oswald to have been the lone gunman. How is it possible for JFK's head to go BACK when the shot was from behind (where Oswald was)? Wouldn't his head had to have gone forward if Oswald shot JFK from the book depository? I've seen the layout of Dealey Plaza and where the book depository is in relation to the motorcade and the grassy knoll, so I tried to figure it out. Unless I'm missing the basic laws of physics, JFK's brain matter would not have flown onto the back of the car. This reminds me of the "magic loogie" theory from Seinfeld

The JFK assassination is the only conspiracy theory I've ever given any credence to, at any rate. Probably because I was so blown away by the Zapruter film.
    Find the, IRRC, Discovery Channel's "Inside the Target Car." (Might be history; it's "Unsolved History.") That's actually the only direction that COULD have resulted in the wounds Kennedy had and that blood-splatter pattern. They also brought in a sharpshooter and besides having him recreate the fatal shot with a hyper-realistic ballistics dummy, took him around Dealey Plaza and put him in various conspiracy-theory fan favorite "sniper nests" with a Lincoln with actors posed from the Zapruder film frame just as the fatal shot hit and had him analyze if he could make the shot from any of them. (The storm drain that got used in X-Files--can't even see the occupants of the car and couldn't fire at that angle, the overpass a shooter couldn't see Kennedy through the windscreen and would have had to shoot through the agents in the front seat and the Governor, and from the "grassy knoll", either a jacketed slug would have passed through Kennedy's head and into Jackie's, or a soft-nosed expanding slug-not used by Oswald, but what any serious professional would have used-would have disintegrated Kennedy's head.) The Zapruder film, combined with the other photos and film cameras, combined with the resulting wounds on Kennedy and Connally, pretty much shows the only direction the bullets could come from was above and behind, and the bullets came from the rifle found up there. The whole "magic bullet" thing is based on people not actually knowing the layout of the car and ass-u-meing that Connally was directly in front of Kennedy at the same height. (The jump seat he was in is inboard and slightly lower.) As a check of Oswald's Marine marksmanship training confirms, it would be an easy shot for him from a nice stable perch, he'd already taken a shot at another political figure a month earlier...people now who think there was a conspiracy generally pay too much attention to Oliver Stone's movie (the only thing in "JFK" that's true is there was a guy named Jim Garrison-nothing else actually happened as portrayed) or, especially those at the time, just couldn't deal that Kennedy was killed by a sad little communist who sucked so much at his own philosophy the Soviet Union kicked him out when he tried to defect. IE, that Kennedy was like McKinley and Garfield, shot by a disgruntled nut who got lucky.

Irony: Everyone says "they" killed Kennedy and thinks there was ZOMG CONSPIRACY when it was a lone crazy, while people think "Booth killed Lincoln" when that was the only US presidential assassination that WAS a conspiracy. (A conspiracy of dunces, yes, Booth would have been better off randomly recruiting people off the street...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I think conspiracy theories are a lot of fun but I get positively angry with some friends on Facebook who do nothing but post links to conspiracy theories all day. Get a life, people, the government has many more important things to do than fly planes into buildings, bomb marathons and who knows what else. To me these theories are just good fiction, when people take them seriously I begin to wonder about the people and not the theories. Maybe some parts are true but you can't take one little fact and run with it to create a completely new reality.
    I defriend people who do that

Later I heard one of them complained about people defriending them for not agreeing with their "political beliefs". No real loss on my end.

vCash
    Hogwash re post #50. LHO sure acted but did not act by his lonesome. In fact LHO was a patsy. Jack Ruby took the cleaning-up matter into his own hands.

But yeah, we alls is just gonna believe what we wants to, eh? Don't make any bit of difference by now in fact. As probably doesn't the loads of ink spread (huge publishing industry built) post President's dead flying through-the-air brain matter. More is actually apparently known about and less conspiracy-theorized about Abe Lincoln's death in a less high-falutin' technology age.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Hogwash re post #50. LHO sure acted but did not act by his lonesome. In fact LHO was a patsy. Jack Ruby took the cleaning-up matter into his own hands.

But yeah, we alls is just gonna believe what we wants to, eh? Don't make any bit of difference by now in fact. As probably doesn't the loads of ink spread (huge publishing industry built) post President's dead flying through-the-air brain matter. More is actually apparently known about and less conspiracy-theorized about Abe Lincoln's death in a less high-falutin' technology age.
    Agreed. Even if Oswald fired the shot, I don't think he acted alone. But we might never know.

I'll have to check out the Discovery Channel investigation. Because seeing the Zapruter film was pretty darn convincing that the shot did not come from behind.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    I knew the truth was out there somewhere.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    duplicate post.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Now that I can believe, BR.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    that there is no such thing as global warming ...
    Careful, dare to express the thought that hey, maybe the climate is changing naturally and you'll get three-quarters of the globe jumping on you.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Careful, dare to express the thought that hey, maybe the climate is changing naturally and you'll get three-quarters of the globe jumping on you.
    They're not jumping on you. They're just being washed toward you in a torrent from all the melting Arctic glaciers.

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast