podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash

In case you've wondered whatever happened to Deanna Stellato . . .

Here is what she's been to lately:

VIDEO: she's an expert on skin care
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Thanks for the link manleywoman. I remember Deanna from 2000 Nationals and from a tv broadcast. She was talented and had a lot of promise. Such a shame about the hip injury. I'm glad to see that she has found something that she enjoys doing and she certainly looks good.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Here's an older article about her. I barely remember her and had no idea she had such great early results. She earned a 6.0 for presentation at the Keri Lotion Classic. It's sad thinking what could have been.

The hip injury still bothers her. It almost sounds like she has a labral tear, which so many skaters have. I hope that she has gotten adequate medical care and was not misdiagnosed.

vCash
    I remember seeing her the year when she skated as a one-stop, local guest in the Chicago show of Champions On Ice (she was from one of our suburbs), sometime before her injury but after she was getting a lot of attention. I assume this was in 2000, but I don't really remember very clearly (the shows from that era sort of fade together with the passing of time). I was sure at the time that Stellato was going to be part of a new roster of U.S. stars in women's skating, including Sasha Cohen and Jennifer Kirk. The career-ending injury was thus really sad to me. But I'm glad she's found a career, which is better than some figure skating champions can say!

vCash
    Wow, I don't remember her. But she was a beautiful skater.

Found her last competitive program, Skate Canada 2000 (where she had her career-ending injury). Very sad, this was still a nice program:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UzrvJr20tM
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

Quadless
    vCash
    From the article:

"There's nothing like skating," Stellato says. "You can't mimic that freedom you feel on the ice anywhere else."
    This is so true.

From the video interview, it's clear that she is a very poised and articulate young lady. It's nice to know that she has found a satisfying career.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1227 View Post
    . The career-ending injury was thus really sad to me. But I'm glad she's found a career, which is better than some figure skating champions can say!
    Yes, thank goodness she seems to have found something she really enjoys doing post-skating career. She seems very happy!

vCash
    I loved her skating, great to know she's found success!

vCash
    Here's her staff listing at the place she's representing in the video (scroll down):
    http://www.mygeldnercenter.com/staff.html
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Title-less
    vCash
    I adored her skating. I wish she had a slightly longer senior career by not attempting that 3 sal/3 lp combo but that was shortly after Tara won gold with her own loop combos

vCash
    Girl had everything. That program from Keri Lotion said it all. She had very developed, beautiful presentation which is a lot more than you can say for most of the 17-year-old skaters.
    It really was a real shame..

vCash
    Happy to hear that she has found success in what she does. I enjoyed her very much on the ice.