Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

vCash

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thanks for the information. I made note of it on my calendar.

Grammy Award-winning artists Miranda Lambert, Reba and Vince Gill will also perform. Additional guests for the concert will be announced shortly.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    According to Blake's tweet, the concert sold out in about 5 minutes.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    I "love" i.e.: rolleyes: at the comments that schools MUST build shelters now - the first comment in the link that Simone posted. I would bet they are the first to vote no on a school tax increase for their school districts. Where do people think the school districts come up with the money to do those things? And would probably be the first to complain about excessive spending by the school district for building improvements.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    San Antonio doesn't have a very high risk of tornados. Doesn't mean none ever hit the area but its no more than most areas of the U.S. San Antonio, at least the last 10 years or so, has been quite dry and misses out on the big storms.

We have warnings here all the time and the problem is that our listening area is so huge that the tornado can literally be a few hours in any direction away. So most people do not take them seriously. I've also had my specific neighborhood listed as being in the direct path of a tornado and nothing has ever transpired. I think they go by radar a lot and there is never one on the ground, just the potential (which should be a watch but the NWS has odd requirements).
    Thank you for your response!

My sister and I actually tried to call the base today but all we get is recordings. CNN reported flash floods in San Antonio and apparently a small (F0) tornado touchdown just outside of Lackland Air Force Base this past Wednesday. We're trying not to panic. My mom told us not to mention my nephew by name should we communicate with someone over there-so as not to embarrass him. In any event please stay safe San Antonio!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

More tornadoes in Oklahoma- any fsuers in Kansas, Oklahoma, Iowa, Missouri?

How funny that I mention San Antonio being dry and then they have floods. Don't listen to me. Lol
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    How funny that I mention San Antonio being dry and then they have floods. Don't listen to me. Lol
    Please now mention that I will never win the lottery.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Latest developments:
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/27/us/okl...html?hpt=hp_t2

Someone located $2000.00, which they thought had been lost in the rubble.

vCash
    Twitter:

PBS ‏@PBS 2h
    Tonight: @NOVApbs night of special reports: "Manhunt - Boston Bombers" & "Oklahoma's Deadliest Tornadoes" Preview: http://ow.ly/lsslk

vCash
    I saw this on the Weather Channel's website while looking for my local forecast. This was scary to just look at. It's fortunate it wasn't in a heavily populated area. It was in Kansas btw.

http://www.weather.com/video/watch-t...n-kansas-37001
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    With Miranda Lambert, Reba and Blake Shelton all doing the benefit concert, I would be shocked if Kelly Clarkson didn't come on board. Those are all her best friends and future in-law! If she doesn't do the show then she must have had another engagement, otherwise look for her to be added.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    The figure skating community in Oklahoma has been helping out as well: http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2013/...lahoma-strong/
    Side note: The author, Mimi Whetstone, is a former senior national level ice dancer and is originally from Oklahoma City.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Watching the concert right now and crying right along w/Miranda.

I know I haven't been in here much the last few days, but that doesn't mean I'm not still thinking of you all and holding you all in my prayers.

vCash
    Miranda had me in tears too. It sounded like a cold, but then the voice broke.

I'm not a fan of the United Way, though. Their executives make way too much $. I'll have to find another place in OK to donate to. Anyone have suggestions? I prefer food banks for donations - they're the ones who normally need it the most.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I had to change the channel as soon as they started showing the animal pics during Miranda's song.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    iFAW goes in to rescue displaced animals. They helped out after 9/11, Katrina and are in Oklahoma now. Really good charity.

vCash
    Vince Gill used to be hot. Then he got fat and bought plastic frames. But that voice - surprised he's not doing "Oklahoma Borderline".

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Vince Gill used to be hot. Then he got fat and bought plastic frames. But that voice - surprised he's not doing "Oklahoma Borderline".
    that's what he gets for marrying Amy Grant.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    that's what he gets for marrying Amy Grant.

USHER! Okay, if he's going to sing one of my favorite freaking songs with Blake, I'm now forgiving him for Beiber? Wonder if he's Blake's new bromance?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast