vCash

data handling tutorials for Excel

Hi everyone,

I'm doing some science-related university courses at the moment. I expected that my limited biology and physics knowledge would hold me back, but that turns out not to be an issue at all, which is great. What's dooming me is my low level of Excel competency, particularly with respect to data handling.
    To give an example, we had an assignment recently (worth only 25% of the final mark) - it took me about FIVE full (10-hour!) days to run the models in Excel, organise everything, make the graphs and so on, and then I still had to analyse the graphs and write about them. Before that I didn't even know how to make graphs! I definitely learned a lot in the process, but it was a very uphill and put me behind with all other study work. The lecturer later told me that the work should have taken me about 4 hours...

I need to get better and more efficient! I've been trying to find some tutorials online. The stuff I've found deals with older versions of Excel (we use 2010), and confuses me.

Any tips or resources? Thank you so much!

Lothlorien

vCash
    Lynda.com is a good site: http://www.lynda.com

vCash
    thank you, I'll have a look! :-)