Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Briber of judges
    vCash
    And (like it or not) Igor and Marina changed the face of dance and are considered by most federations the best technicians out there.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nours View Post
    http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artis...aineurs/372464

"Nathalie Péchalat et Fabian Bourzat ont accepté la proposition fédérale de changer d’entraîneurs"
    It says P/B agreed to switch coach even though the idea was from the FFSG. But l'équipe, specially their website, is most of the time a very bad newspaper. And they just do not care about skating at all.
    (^^Emphasis = mine) Céline Nony, who wrote the article, does care about skating. I mean, as far as a French journalist can IMHO L'Equipe isn't that bad at all. Whether it's the paper or online version doesn't make a difference since most of the writers are the same. It's main flaw is the de facto monopoly it has over sport news since it's the only daily sport paper in the entire country. But I agree skating is hardly their main concern. It comes from the fact skating isn't popular in France at all. L'Equipe sells what's its readers want to read. It doesn't make it a bad paper all in all
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    ... It comes from the fact skating isn't popular in France at all. L'Equipe sells what's its readers want to read. It doesn't make it a bad paper all in all
    It really mustn't be popular... at this point I receive more visitors from Finland on the site than from France (and no, they're not looking for Kiira Korpi)... IIRC usually the cringe worthy articles from France are from smaller newspapers.

As to P/B, even if Krylova and Camerlengo didn't do their choreographies, they didn't bring out the best in them either, they seemed to have lost something when they moved to the US... I hope this move gives them what they need to have a successful season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Brilliant move.

It's so weird that the day has come that I would be rooting for teams to go to Shpilband.
    It is weird to see so many people with favorable opinions about Igor. Times have certainly changed.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post

As to P/B, even if Krylova and Camerlengo didn't do their choreographies, they didn't bring out the best in them either, they seemed to have lost something when they moved to the US... I hope this move gives them what they need to have a successful season.
    They won their only world medal under Krylova and Camerlengo.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Interview with Nathalie in l'Equipe :
    http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artis...-le-mec/372527

Rapid translation :
    The change of coach less than one year before OG :
    Didier G came to Detroit last week, met with Pasquale and with Igor, and brought us his conclusions about the one that could help us most, that seemed the most concerned. Working with Igor is Didier's idea, but it's a good one.

Meeting with Igor
    Last week. His political power is talked about, but most of all he is a super technician. There are 8 months left before OG, it's now that we have to learn new things. We want to give ourselves all the chances.

Reactions of former coaches.
    Anjelika thought it would be better for us to stay, but wished us the best. Pasquale was very mean. I know him for 13 years, and he reacted very badly. I can understand that he is very upset, but that's the game. Not easy to say goodbye, but we have to thinkg about our career.

What Igor will bring
    When talking with him, we felt motivaton. He wanted to hear the musics of our new programs, to know with whom we had created them in France.... Some very specific points like had we send the music of the SD to judges to know if it is ok for the rythmn. He introduced us to people he works with, we started to work with an acrobat.
    DG told us 'do what Igor say, follow his strategy'. We already started to change the diagonal step seq and improved spins with his wife. With him, we have all the tools, he is very efficient.

Other teams on ice
    Not that many actually. Around 5 each day incl.Chock/Bates and Riazanova/Tkachenko. Cappellini/Lanoote and Carron/Jones come for training periods.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    From what I know, it was the Fed that did this and Nat was very upset about it.
    The reason Nathalie is upset is Pasquale's reaction.

Her exact words are : "Pasquale was very hurtful. I've known him since I was 13 y.o. [he was one of her coaches in Lyon] and I took it very badly."

Quote Originally Posted by skatak View Post
    Interview with Nathalie in l'Equipe :
    http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artis...-le-mec/372527
    Reactions of former coaches.
    Anjelika thought it would be better for us to stay, but wished us the best. Pasquale was very mean. I know him for 13 years, and he reacted very badly.
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I agree. I think they need more work on the artistic side.
    Seriously? They always have very different and creative programs.

That is until now. Bye bye interesting P&B
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    WOW WOW WOW... I think this is a great move for them. I am smiling from ear to ear!

I hope that Igor enties Fabian to show better facial expression. I am sure that he will add the crisp cleanliness in their technique that they need. I just hope that there's enough time to make the necessary improvements.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    It's the Olympic season. Delobel and Schoenfelder are the poster children for being interesting and leaving without a medal. This won't guarantee P/B one, with the Olympics in Sochi and B/S the reigning bronze medalists, but it ups the odds.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    They won their only world medal under Krylova and Camerlengo.
    Yeah, and as you can see I had completely forgotten about it! I don't think that had much to do with the coaches but more with them finally not effing it.

Quote Originally Posted by skatak View Post
    What Igor will bring
    When talking with him, we felt motivaton. He wanted to hear the musics of our new programs, to know with whom we had created them in France.... Some very specific points like had we send the music of the SD to judges to know if it is ok for the rythmn. He introduced us to people he works with, we started to work with an acrobat.
    DG told us 'do what Igor say, follow his strategy'. We already started to change the diagonal step seq and improved spins with his wife. With him, we have all the tools, he is very efficient.
    I'm kind of surprised they weren't doing some of these things with their previous coaches!

Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    I hope that Igor enties Fabian to show better facial expression. I am sure that he will add the crisp cleanliness in their technique that they need. I just hope that there's enough time to make the necessary improvements.
    You know, Fabian will never be the most expressive guy on the ice, it's just the way he is, but there's a lot that is lost on tv so depending on whether you've seen hm person or not, maybe is he is not has bad as you think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post

Yes, seriously, that is my opinion. I thought they were more avant garde earlier in their careers. I don't think they've done anything "different or creative" since their Time FD and even that they gave up on. On the other hand I think they are one of the better teams in the world and true ice dancers.

As far as Pascale being hurtful at the split it's maybe not surprising considering what Didier had to say. When Didier went to speak with him it must have been hostile to start with having been called a worm

vCash
    It's the Olympic season. Delobel and Schoenfelder are the poster children for being interesting and leaving without a medal. This won't guarantee P/B one, with the Olympics in Sochi and B/S the reigning bronze medalists, but it ups the odds.
    But they would have left with a medal had it not been for their lack of training time together.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    They lost training time in 2006 when they lost bronze to one of the weakest teams to medal at the Olympics?

vCash
    They lost training time in 2006 when they lost bronze to one of the weakest teams to medal at the Olympics?
    Isabel had a baby like 7or 8 months before the Olympics as i recall?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    Isabel had a baby like 7or 8 months before the Olympics as i recall?
    Less than 5 months before the compulsory dances started, actually. Baby was born Oct 1st and compulsories started Feb 19th. Still she managed to get back into competitive shape that quickly, but the lost training time & lack of mileage on their programs definitely hurt them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figure_...93_Ice_dancing
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Ah, GrushGons & the power of 's politiking. I didn't like D/S's free dance that year as much as Frieda the year before, but I do remember being upset they narrowly missed out on the bronze medal.
    Last edited by ioana; 05-21-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Blergh
    vCash
    People are confusing 2006 and 2010. 2010 is when she had a baby and had about 5 months after giving birth to prepare for the Olympics. 2006 was where they placed second in the Free Dance, but narrowly lost the bronze because of their placement in the compulsory and original dances. Delobel/Schoenfelder's creative free dances seemed to have served them well. It was the other phases and leaving points off of the table that hurt them (and IMO, politick for Grushina/Gonchorov).

I can see where people were confused though. 2002, 2006, and 2010 had probably the worst Olympic bronze medalists in Ice Dancing history (either the teams themselves or the performances that they gave).

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Delobel/Schoenfelder had a wonderfully creative OD in 2006: they did a Cuban mambo, not a same-old Latin OD.

I don't put F-P/M and Domnina/Shabalin in the same category as G/G.

Blergh
    vCash
    Delobel/Schoenfelder had a wonderfully creative OD in 2006: they did a Cuban mambo, not a same-old Latin OD.
    Oh you're right. I loved their OD because it was different from the others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post

Agree! Loved what they did with Krylova and Camerlengo 2011-2012 season; same with Weaver and Poje. Both teams had interesting, original, expressive and very artistic programs and execution. 2012-2013 season, both teams had injuries and seemed to be searching for their next move (which is not unusual - one progressive good year, next, maybe not as good). Still technically, Shpilbaum is very good, just kind of generic and schmaltzy programs.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast