Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    From what I know, it was the Fed that did this and Nat was very upset about it.

vCash
    I guess we also can't forget that in that article linked about Didier calling Pascale a "worm" based on the results of P&B in London. If P&B are funded by the federation and the federation is publicly hating on their coaches it might have made the coaching situation impossible and P&B had no choice but to leave. They all seemed more than happy 2012 in Nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    I typed too slowly. If that's the case I feel for them. Second coaching change forced upon them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    Their FB update from half an hour ago is the FFSG's press release. Since Nathalie is normally much more chatty when she posts, I'm guessing that this is true, at least to some extent.

vCash
    For me, it comes from Guaillaguet too. Just supposition though but that's how I see it. I feel so sorry for Krylova and Camerlengo, the best coaches IMO together with Zazoui's team & maybe Zhulin too.
    So now, almost all the top ten teams at last worlds are in the hands of two persons. So depressing. Ice dancing needs variety.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Anything that could help fix Fabian's twizzle/ftwk struggles is a good thing, IMO.
    This.

They have always used outside choreographers anyway. So nothing to worry about in that regard.

I hope that it's not true about them being forced against their will, though. On second thought, it might be in their best interests.

They have always been a creative and original team that stood out from the crowd. But the technical elements have been their achilles heel. Shpilband is the best coach in the world as far as addressing that goes.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    They could sure do better than the Free Dances they had the last two seasons.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    I agree. I think they need more work on the artistic side. Krylova seemed more than capable of getting her teams decent levels.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Yes, as much as Krylova & Camerlango are lauded for creativity, I did not care for those dances at all, nor for W&P's last 3 FDs. I greatly prefer Camerlango's work with Takahashi.

vCash
    http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artis...aineurs/372464

"Nathalie Péchalat et Fabian Bourzat ont accepté la proposition fédérale de changer d’entraîneurs"
    It says P/B agreed to switch coach even though the idea was from the FFSG. But l'équipe, specially their website, is most of the time a very bad newspaper. And they just do not care about skating at all.

vCash
    I didn't think Camerlengo did their programs? I think they get their programs done by their usual choregraphers in France and then train them with Krylova?

Will be interesting to see if Igor lets them keep the programs they already have made or will he get them to switch like he did with C&L. If I recall correctly Igor isn't comfortable working on programs others have made because he doesn't have their vision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Yes, as much as Krylova & Camerlango are lauded for creativity, I did not care for those dances at all, nor for W&P's last 3 FDs. I greatly prefer Camerlango's work with Takahashi.
    Many of P/B's programs were done by outside choreographers rather than their coaches, and their ISU biography lists Ilia Ifraimov and Kader Belmoktar as last season's SD and FD choreographers, respectively - so don't blame or credit Krylova and Camerlengo. Their programs for next season were put together with Laurie May and Julien Cottereau. They've worked with May for years, and Cottereau (a clown) was involved in choreographing Circus and Chaplin.

Camerlengo's work with Takahashi is indeed fantastic.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Well, the French fed encouraged the move but P/B agreed to go and AFAIK nothing was forced upon them.
    Last edited by cholla; 05-20-2013 at 05:50 PM.
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    French federation is playing politics again !
    Not a surprise !

vCash
    What makes Igor so powerful politically? I wonder. Maybe he (and Morozov) hang out in hotel bars more than most?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tut88 View Post
    French federation is playing politics again !
    Not a surprise !
    Most federations, at least the bigger ones, politik - so indeed, that a federation would involve itself in such a thing is not a surprise. The FFSG is useless at (effective) politikking, however. If anything, I would characterize this move as outsourcing; clearly Shpilband can do a better job of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by analia View Post
    What makes Igor so powerful politically? I wonder. Maybe he (and Morozov) hang out in hotel bars more than most?
    Before the split from Marina, Igor was a co-coach of the top two teams in the world. That alone should give him some power. It seems other teams have started acknowledging that he had something to do (technically and otherwise) with the success of those two teams. Once D&S and V&M retire, Igor could be in a very good position when it comes to winning gold medals.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    If anything, I would characterize this move as outsourcing; clearly Shpilband can do a better job of it.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by analia View Post
    He coaches a nice selection of teams from a number of different federations. If one federation likes what he does for their team they might appreciate more the same thing he does for another team in a different federation. He´ll have friends all over the map. In contrast, for example, Marina has one Canadian team and two Americans and their federations are in theory unwilling to work together because they have the same goal. I think Morozov is similar to Igor in that he has a bit of diversity in his stable as well (although I think he had a lot more diversity a few years back which might in part explain why his group are not as successful. I also suspect Igor is a lot more professional and stable than Morozov)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post

He was once known for coaching many of the teams in the US top 10... I wonder how many of the Worlds top 10 he can get his hands on. He has connections to C&L, I&K, R&T, C&B, P&B, and formerly the Shibs, D&W, and V&M! Geez.
    Yeah, but Marina's got a piece of Gracie Gold so she's expanding her conquest of North America, too.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast