Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I can't wait to see their new FD. They've always been so creative, it would be great if they retired on a very high note, as high as an Olympic medal. It would be an incentive to other teams to think more out of the box.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Winning Free Dance at Cup of China (no commentary): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3CeQtcBk-c

They scored 102.08, 165.68 total, to win the gold medal.

FD music as listed in their ISU bio:
    Caroussel (from "Cirque du Soleil") by Benoit Jutras
    Droit de Cite by Raphael Beaun and Max Steiner
    Jeux Interdits by Fernando Sor
    Le Petit Prince et sa Rose by Maxime Rodriguez
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    That free dance is simply gorgeous, fabulous!

vCash
    That FD this absolutely beautiful. I smiled from beginning to end. They captured the essence of the story perfectly. This is definitely a signature dance for them. The lifts were spectacular.

vCash
    Overjoyed for them that they were able to put such a beautiful free dance together in their final year. Vision matters!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Clearly, Shpilband didn't wreck their choreo.

FSU has been slandering the poor man all these years...

A great FD

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Pechalat/Bourzat have the worst programs they have ever had
    I don't know who is responsible for that, but if I didn't know better, I'd say that Shpilband is trying to sabotage them.

ETA : LOL, I'm off the flow like usual.
    Anyway, I hate the SD from the start to the end, and I think that FD had a potential to become something special, but instead looks like one of the Frankenstein creations of Mysleveckova.
    Last edited by Andrey aka Pushkin; 11-02-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Oh, Andrey, I usually think you're right on, but I have to disagree with you on this one

That is a truly beautiful dance. I really admire how the music was so well sequenced - if I didn't know it was from different sources, I wouldn't have been able to tell that it wasn't one piece - and how the choreography is so seamless, with the "tricks" blended in naturally and not standing out as "oh look, here's something acrobatic! OK, now back to the program".

I was certainly one of those who was very skeptical about the move, and I still dislike Shpilband's cookie-cutter choreography for most of his teams - but this program is so well suited to P/B's technical strengths, and it really lets them use their great expressiveness. Bravo!!!
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey aka Pushkin View Post
    Pechalat/Bourzat have the worst programs they have ever had
    I don't know who is responsible for that, but if I didn't know better, I'd say that Shpilband is trying to sabotage them.

ETA : LOL, I'm off the flow like usual.
    Anyway, I hate the SD from the start to the end, and I think that FD had a potential to become something special, but instead looks like one of the Frankenstein creations of Mysleveckova.
    No, you're not the only one... I'm quite disappointed, as well. It felt like a watered down version of their Circus dance. I liked the costumes and Nathalie's make up, that's it. Maybe it'll grow on me once they have it better trained.

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Clearly, Shpilband didn't wreck their choreo.

FSU has been slandering the poor man all these years...

A great FD
    It helps that he didn't have a hand in choreographing it or at least coming up with the concept or vision behind the program. He's limited when he has to actually create something beyond a tango.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    It helps that he didn't have a hand in choreographing it or at least coming up with the concept or vision behind the program. He's limited when he has to actually create something beyond a tango.
    I loved his work with Silverstein/Pekarek so many years ago. I believe he choreographed their "Great Expectations" FD. I always hope he'll do something similar in the future.

vCash
    I agree with Andrey. P/B's SD is ok but there is nothing special about it. It's a program any other team could skate. FD shows some promise but it looks unfinished to me. I felt I was watching an early draft at CoC.

(Lol at the comparison to Mysliveckova/Novak's programs )

Technically, they are getting there though. I just hope the programs will look better with more mileage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I

Technically, they are getting there though. I just hope the programs will look better with more mileage.
    I think they just need more mileage and polish.
    If they have the Finnstep levels and fix the SD lift they could have nearer the score which they got at Master's.
    I love the FD .Yes I think they looked slow but it's early and there's plenty of time to work on it .I hope they don't change anything.It was gorgeous especially the upside down lift .The slow Interdit's middle section was beautiful then on to the faster ending .Lovely light and shade Should keep Nicky happy !
    Not sure about Fabian's costume especially the pants and yellow tie but Nathalie's dress is lovely .Nathalie a beautiful rose !
    B/S were disappointing the FD was so dated and the only memorable thing was the dramatic start but then it just faded away .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I was certainly one of those who was very skeptical about the move, and I still dislike Shpilband's cookie-cutter choreography for most of his teams - but this program is so well suited to P/B's technical strengths, and it really lets them use their great expressiveness. Bravo!!!
    Shpilband didn't choreograph this program, nor he was the author of the idea. They came to him with programs already choreographed by their usual choreographer Laurie May Ayivigan (SD) and the clown/mime artist Julien Cottereau with whom they collaborated for their 'Circus' and 'Chaplin' FDs before (FD), and Shpilband just made some changes to their step sequences.

vCash
    Put me in the "let down" category. It's not a bad FD, it's just not as interesting or effective as what I had imagined from reading all the interviews. I was never moved, I was never captivated, I was never wowed. My interest actually started wavering at the halfway point. Everything was just... pleasant. They looked solid techincally, but I think V&M are vulnerable and P&B have the skill to catch them, I'm just not sure this is the vehicle to do it. It's better than last year's FD though, that's for sure.

I can't believe W&P, a team that never really did much for me, have my favorite FD of the bronze medal contenders, and it's to a tango of all things. I usually hate tango FDs. B&S had my fav FD until Zhulin butchered it. Le sigh...
    Last edited by casken; 11-04-2013 at 12:29 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    What exactly is a cookie-cutter choreography? I don't get it.

I think it's Nathalie and Fabian's most enjoyable FD since 2008. It's interesting, lovely and memorable, something that cannot be said about many FDs this year. It still needs work and I am too a little disappointed it didn't blow me away, after all the hype about it in the interviews. But it's still a solid vehicle to try and snatch that bronze.

Blergh
    vCash
    I guess I did the smart thing and didn't read too many interviews before they debuted the program.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    I think they have made a wise choice with the music. It looks a bit empty at the moment but it is early days and they need time to work it in and probably add a few more nuances and touches.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I just like watching them move.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    I like their music. Many parts are the same as what Stephane Lambiel used when he first debuted in seniors. I loved that program of his...

Not sure about their program, though, but it's early days. Of the "bronze medal contenders" I also prefer W/P at this point.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast