Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

vCash
    French Masters SD (1st, 69.12): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPrLQhyOsn4
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Eh. Nice character, but the "Sing Sing Sing" part seems like it's from a totally different program. Doesn't fit at all.

Shpilband said that they came to him with programs ready but he made changes, (and specifically mentioned "Sing sing sing", so I'm wondering if he's responsible) It reminds me of V&M and D&Ws Latin SDs, were the CD sequences looked like they were awkwardly shoved into the program at the last second.
    Last edited by casken; 10-06-2013 at 10:44 AM.

vCash
    Shpilband is obviously a technical master at getting teams to get high levels on their elements and be consistent with them, but outside tangos, I really don't know if his artistic choices are great.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    New interview with P/B before Cup of China: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/10/28/63445468
    "They agreed to discuss how the past season allowed them to devise their new Olympic programs and explained their content and their hopes."

Excerpt:
    Icenetwork: How did Igor [Shpilband] accept your creation, since you had it done before you even knew that you would work with him?

Bourzat: We knew that we would have to comply with Igor's own technical choices. He did change our elements, and actually that was like a big flow of fresh air for us.

Péchalat: Igor knew right away what we needed to reach our objective. He is a real strategist and a very smart one. It was visible right from our first meeting. We showed him our programs, and he did not say a word about our choreography. Instead, he discussed the way our lifts were oriented and our position on the ice. We were striving at setting up something nice, while he was thinking about something efficient. He wanted things to be clearly visible for the judges; for instance, he set up our step sequence to make it more visual. I kept wondering what level it would get, and he would smile and tell me, "Nathalie, it's not a matter of levels, as it will get a Level 4. But what I want is a 2 or 3 GOE!"

He told us that he would not change anything on the artistic side. "I want to help you go beyond technically and physically," he added, "without changing the nature of your skating." We have deep respect for one another.
    They also state that the Sochi Olympics will be their last competition.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

YEAH!
    vCash
    Wow, no Worlds even though they could have a chance at a title if there are retirements. Gutsy. It was a pleasure reading how they read and re-read the book and how they carefully planned for the story and program. So few ice dancers nowadays pay attention to details that don't gain points. It's exciting to see how they're going to mix that with Igor's point scoring strategies.

vCash
    That interview filled me with hope. It's great to hear that they have a good working relationship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Er... I'm not really feeling this SD either, but then I'm having trouble overall with the SD this season. There's only a few I really like. I want so badly for P/B to get on the podium at the Olys so I hope I'm wrong and will feel better about it once I see it on the GP stage like I did with V/M.

vCash
    [QUOTE=sequins;4035369 There's only a few I really like. I want so badly for P/B to get on the podium at the Olys so I hope I'm wrong and will feel better about it once I see it on the GP stage like I did with V/M.[/QUOTE]

I like the SD but I'm not excited about the lift at the end .
    B/S SD is more ballroomy so maybe expect them to be in front with the SD .Hopefully after seeing the Russian's new FD P/B FD will be special .Keeping my fingers crossed !

So after readind the D/W thread it's said P/B are the Del/Shoes of 2014
    I think there is no comparison P/B will be well trained and I am rooting for them so Nathalie/Fabian !
    Last edited by nuge; 10-30-2013 at 09:59 AM.

vCash
    From the interview:

Quote Originally Posted by Nathalie Péchalat
    Péchalat: It was a great program to build, really, and that is already a great story in itself. It lasted from November 2012 to June 2013. I read the book over and over and cut the text to gather all the episodes where the rose is mentioned. Then I devised a storyboard with a sequence of tableaux, like for a real ballet. As are each of our free programs in the past, this one is intended to be a spectacle in itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathalie Péchalat
    Then in April, we had him read the text for us along the boards, while we were on the ice. Then he would comment what he was reading. For instance, he would say, "Here you see that funny little piece of grass, and you wonder what it is, so you come around it and sniff it to check and then start to pay attention to it…" Meanwhile, we were improvising to his words on the ice.
    Nothing but utmost respect!

vCash
    I am so hoping Nathalie & Fabian can snag that bronze medal!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    So after readind the D/W thread it's said P/B are the Del/Shoes of 2014
    I think there is no comparison P/B will be well trained and I am rooting for them so Nathalie/Fabian !
    I said that and I really do believe P/B lost their momentum last season with that injury. Maybe their case is not as radical as DelSchoes, but still not very bright either.

I would love them to get that bronze too! Just like I wanted DelSchoes on the podium. I love French dance teams! But then again, I would love the same for C/L so I'm kinda torn Well, I do hope both teams end up on the European podium at least.

I really can't wait to see Nathalie and Fabian's FD. I simply adore The Little Prince and I'm curious what the story will look like on the ice.

Sending all the positive vibes to them. I really wish I was wrong with the DelSchoes comparison. Time will tell.

vCash
    I don't see the comparison at all. Delobel/Schoenfelder were simply in terrible physical shape because of her pregnancy.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    I agree with the loss of momentum but disagree with the Del/Scho comparison because they were affected for a lot longer and further into the Olympic season than P/B. Hopefully, they can regain their lost momentum and really challenge for an Olympic medal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Wow, no Worlds even though they could have a chance at a title if there are retirements. Gutsy. It was a pleasure reading how they read and re-read the book and how they carefully planned for the story and program. So few ice dancers nowadays pay attention to details that don't gain points. It's exciting to see how they're going to mix that with Igor's point scoring strategies.
    I never get why skaters don't go to the Worlds after the Olympics. It's an excellent chance to win a Gold for some. Also a great way of saying goodbye & thank you to the loyal fans.
    It's just a few more weeks training at the end of your season.
    It will place extra stress on them knowing it's the Olympics or nothing.
    Good luck to them though. I've been watching them since the Worlds in Germany in 2004 & loved them from the start.
    I would just cry if they got the Bronze.

vCash
    I'm so rooting for them to make it to the podium in Sochi. Really looking forward to seeing them compete this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I don't see the comparison at all. Delobel/Schoenfelder were simply in terrible physical shape because of her pregnancy.
    *He* was in tip-top form, she was...still better than Shabalin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    I never get why skaters don't go to the Worlds after the Olympics. It's an excellent chance to win a Gold for some. Also a great way of saying goodbye & thank you to the loyal fans.
    It's just a few more weeks training at the end of your season.
    It will place extra stress on them knowing it's the Olympics or nothing.
    Good luck to them though. I've been watching them since the Worlds in Germany in 2004 & loved them from the start.
    I would just cry if they got the Bronze.
    In most cases, I agree. If they don't get an Olympic medal and lose out on a chance for a Worlds medal shortly thereafter...that will be a real pity.

vCash
    Loved the quote they posted on FB:

"I am constantly amazed at how thoughtful and attentive to detail these two are when it comes to not only choosing their programs but constructing the elements and components that go into them. These two have to have a future in choreography when they retire, don’t they? There’s too much creativity flowing through their bodies for them to just walk away from the sport…it would be a shame if all of that went to waste."(Jean-Christophe Berlot, special to icenetwork)
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...d=181962471187

vCash
    So impressed with their dedication to creating a unique FD, while also being smart enough to pay attention to getting the points to challenge for the podium. I hope it translates well onto the ice. If I had any talent as a skater, that's how I would want to work!
    Touching the void.

vCash
    If all skaters put as much thought and effort into creating their programs, this sport would be so much more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    *He* was in tip-top form, she was...still better than Shabalin.
    +1

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast