Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    This is fantastic news. Imo bronze was always theirs for the taking.
    It's very early days yet but I really hope they can get the bronze .
    Thing's happen I mean who expected Grushgons to get bronze and Delshoes and Denstav to miss out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Yes and even a few cotton wool balls
    And a costume change mid-program

vCash
    It's very early days yet but I really hope they can get the bronze .
    Thing's happen I mean who expected Grushgons to get bronze and Delshoes and Denstav to miss out
    I thought that was a foregone conclusion. They were the reigning world bronze medalists and were placing high all season.

Quadless
    vCash
    There are far fewer "foregone conclusions" in ice dance these days other than the top two spots being taken by Davis & White and Virtue & Moir.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I mean who expected ... Delshoes and Denstav to miss out
    Every long-suffering D/S fan, certainly.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Every long-suffering D/S fan, certainly.
    You're right I miss all the D/SSSSSS.
    I know D/S RUS and D/S BUL are skating in shows but What's Isabelle doing ?Olivier is coaching in France with Zazoui ?

vCash
    Oliver still coaches with Zazoui last I heard. I felt I could see his influence on Niel Brown's style at worlds.

According to this post , Olivier filmed the demonstration of the Finstep requirements for this years SD for the ISU as well.

D&S do skate exhibitions together from time to time, but even as a DelSchoes uber it's kind of a let down becuase you can tell from their performances that they barely skate together any more. I wish he would go the Shay Lynne Bourne route and perform solo. He certainly an interesting enough skater.

vCash
    Olivier does coach with Muriel Zazoui and Romain Haguenauer at the Lyon Charlemagne rink and he does coach Neil Brown and Lucie Mysliveckova

vCash
    Pechalat, Bourzat say Shpilband has them on track - new interview: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Excerpt:
    Icenetwork.com: You just returned from a week in France. What did you do there?

Péchalat: There was a small summer competition in Lyon, and after the competition we showed our programs to some French judges and federation officials. Even if our programs are not 100 percent ready, they saw the progress we made with Igor. They were surprised that we made such quick progress, which made us happy, and they gave us some technical advice.

We also did some final work with our French choreographer, Julien Cottereau, and we picked up our competition costumes from the same French tailor who has done a great job for us for many years.

Icenetwork.com: Which competitions are you planning?

Bourzat: Our first competition will be in Salt Lake City in September (the U.S. International Figure Skating Classic), because this is not overseas. In early October, we go to France for the [French] Masters competition, and then we have our Grand Prix in China and France and, hopefully, the Grand Prix Final. A week later we have our nationals.

Icenetwork.com: Will this be your last season as competitors?

Péchalat: Yes, definitively. We were not totally happy with the result at the 2010 Olympic Games in Vancouver. We decided to compete four more years, to try to win a medal at the next Olympics.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Pechalat, Bourzat say Shpilband has them on track - new interview: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Excerpt:
    What a surprise that Shpilband gave them such innovative and daring music Le sigh.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Thanks, Sylvia.

Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    What a surprise that Shpilband gave them such innovative and daring music Le sigh.
    I thought it was quite clear that the music choices were made before they switched to Shpilband, since they were already working on the programs with their own choreographers before the move. Besides, their FD selections sound suitably French for the most part.

vCash
    I read "we were looking for new pieces of music" as indicating that they didn't have any chosen before they moved.
    And Quidam, no matter what its origins, has been done to death IMHO.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I read "we were looking for new pieces of music" as indicating that they didn't have any chosen before they moved.
    'Quidam' is an hour and a half long show - it should be possible to choose some less used fragment. It's very likely that they didn't go that route, but possible it is. Besides, there are three more music pieces in their FD (one of them especially composed), not just 'Quidam'. Actually, it's their SD music that disappoints me - it truly is overused.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 08-06-2013 at 10:46 PM.

vCash
    I really don't know what Shpilband can do for P&B at this late date. Even if they were a younger team i'm not sure what he can do in one year then add in that P&B are not that young anymore it's obvious that they are looking to regain that 3rd spot in the World but nothing more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I really don't know what Shpilband can do for P&B at this late date. Even if they were a younger team i'm not sure what he can do in one year then add in that P&B are not that young anymore it's obvious that they are looking to regain that 3rd spot in the World but nothing more.
    I have seen them train and the difference is definitely noticeable. The distinction of movement, clarity in positions, speed, flow.. tons...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I really don't know what Shpilband can do for P&B at this late date.
    Eh, he taught Drobiazko to do level 4 twizzles, so he's pulled off bigger feats before.
    Last edited by casken; 08-07-2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: "two" instead of "to"? Yikes.

vCash
    Anyway, a year can make a huge difference - look at what Zhulin did for Bobrova and Soloviev!

vCash
    They were working on the programs and had the concepts and the music in place before going to Shpilband (see here and here). They have their own choreographers and have taken that approach with previous coaches as well. Shpilband may change specific parts of their programs, but he wasn't involved in putting them together and in choosing the music.

Quidam is one piece out of four, and while it's certainly been done before, I'd save the "done to death" designation for true warhorses.

vCash
    I only recall one other Micmacs program and that was the pair Moore-Towers/Moscovitch (and it was a great program) And the fourth part was written especially for them; no lack of originality there. I don't remember anyone that used the other French film soundtrack. So only Quidam is well known, I think.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I don't care who picked it, I think Fosse is a great choice for P&B. Nathalie will be excellent in "Mein Herr." Like she said, why NOT use overused music? There's a reason "Sing Sing Sing" is so popular. There's a time to experiment and IMO, the quickstep SD is not it. I favor more traditional music for OD/SD. I didn't care for any of the more original choices for last year's SD like the Shibs, I&K, and C&B.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast