Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I have seen so many posts on facebook about people being excited about Arrested Development that I am going to give it a try. The pilot episode is certainly not helping me understand the love but I am going to give it a few more episodes.
    I've never watched "Arrested Development" either but am going to give it a try starting with Season 1 on Netflix before I watch the new episodes.

So glad I watched Season 1 (7 episodes) of "Breaking Bad" over the Memorial Day weekend on Netflix. I never thought it was a show that would appeal to me since I'm more into Sci-fi/Fantasy, so I never watched it. Now I'm addicted and can't wait to watch each season. I love this show I never wanted to watch!!!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    I've never watched "Arrested Development" either but am going to give it a try starting with Season 1 on Netflix before I watch the new episodes.

So glad I watched Season 1 (7 episodes) of "Breaking Bad" over the Memorial Day weekend on Netflix. I never thought it was a show that would appeal to me since I'm more into Sci-fi/Fantasy, so I never watched it. Now I'm addicted and can't wait to watch each season. I love this show I never wanted to watch!!!
    Stick with Arrested Development through the first few episodes. The pilot was rough but either it got better or I got used to its amateur feel. lol I am not in love but I should definitely finish season 1 before making a decision about whether I continue. Breaking Bad is amazing. The new and final season starts in August.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post

Buckle up for season 2 of Breaking Bad. It's crazy!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Random story - years ago I was at the airport and my flight was delayed so I headed to the bar and started chatting with a woman who was in the same boat. She was heading to LA, and soon revealed that she was going to see her son, who was an actor. I asked what I might have seen him in and she said "he's just signed to do a few movies, and he's currently on Arrested Development." Sadly I had say I didn't watch the show, and of course in the days and weeks following he was EVERYWHERE. I've always kinda felt bad about disappointing Michael Cera's mom like that.

Last year I had a similar moment with a woman (at another bar no less) who told me she was a producer. Bad enough that I had never heard of the show she was working on. but when I looked her up later I realized that her daughter was the star of the show. If she had said that she also produced another one of her daughter's shows, Sabrina the Teenaged Witch, I might've figured out I was talking to Melissa Joan Hart's mother!

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Tuesday 5/28/2013;
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...re-low/184547/

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "Big Brother 15: After Dark" moves from Showtime to TVGN: http://www.realitynation.com/tv-show...tw44256560b670

Big Brother: After Dark is moving from Showtime to TVGN for Season 15. CBS announced the change on Wednesday.

Two hours of live footage from the feeds will air on TVGN beginning at 12:00-2:00 AM (live ET/delayed PT) on June 26, after the premiere of Big Brother 15 on CBS, and will continue nightly throughout the entire season.
    The move sucks IMO.

vCash
    I guess I don't mind since TVGN is something I get, I canceled Showtime a while back and while I am thinking about adding it this summer, I probably wont. After Dark has never been a big deal for me, though. I occasionally watched to try and see if I could figure out who won competitions before it was posted online but I could have easily passed and read it online 5 minutes later. The websites do a great of recapping everything that happens, no need to sit through all the boring dreck.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Save Me looks absolutely awful. I honestly can't believe that Anne Heche would ever be cast to lead a comedy on a major network. She has made way too bad of a name for herself.
    I have no problems with Heche ... but holy cow was that some unbelievably bad writing. I managed to get through about 6 minutes, rolling my eyes about every 5 seconds, until I got to the scene where she was jumping on the bed. I just couldn't take any more after that.

Y'know, I didn't have a lot of hope going in, even after watching the preview clip ... but I keep thinking about the great shows that explored issues of faith & spirituality in a new and non-preachy or thought-provoking way, but were cancelled before their time. Shows like Joan of Arcadia, The Book of Daniel, and Nothing Sacred. So then, by my reckoning, Save Me will be a smash hit.

vCash
    BBC News and Spike tv have both been moved and are now paid digital channels! GRRRR I do not want to have to pay for something I already thought I was already paying for.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Wednesday 5/29/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ookout/184976/

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    this was probably posted already, but I just saw last night that the remaining eps of "Don't Trust the B- in Apt 23" are available online at abc.com. The order of the eps is really screwy though. And it annoys me that as soon as an episode is over, the abc viewer automatically loads an episode of a different show they would like you to watch, instead of the next ep of the show you're already watching, and you have to go all the way back to the home page to get back to the show you want to watch.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I have given up on Arrested Development. It has its funny moments (if Buster had more scenes that would help, he is way under-used) and I see why people like it so much but it just doesn't do it for me. I would be forcing myself to watch the remaining seasons and I don't feel like doing that. I was hardly watching as it is, I would just put an episode on and then play on my phone or laptop.

I have been watching Scandal and like it a lot. The first season was only 7 episodes?
    -Brian

vCash
    Top Chef Masters Season 5, and other food shows to come on Bravo:
    http://eater.com/archives/2013/04/02...drink-love.php

vCash
    double post

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I have given up on Arrested Development. It has its funny moments (if Buster had more scenes that would help, he is way under-used) and I see why people like it so much but it just doesn't do it for me. I would be forcing myself to watch the remaining seasons and I don't feel like doing that. I was hardly watching as it is, I would just put an episode on and then play on my phone or laptop.
    Arrested Development is definitely not for everyone. However I think part of the problem may be watching a bunch in a row. There are some series that really work better spread out with a week in between each. Watch them all at once and the weirdo-quirkiness becomes overwhelming and annoying. I found the same thing with Portlandia.

I have been watching Scandal and like it a lot. The first season was only 7 episodes?
    Yes, it was a late-season start last year (March or April I think). It gets waaay more intense and twisty in season 2.

vCash

"2013 Summer TV" - New/Returning Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Arrested Development is definitely not for everyone. However I think part of the problem may be watching a bunch in a row. There are some series that really work better spread out with a week in between each. Watch them all at once and the weirdo-quirkiness becomes overwhelming and annoying. I found the same thing with Portlandia.

Yes, it was a late-season start last year (March or April I think). It gets waaay more intense and twisty in season 2.
    That makes sense about Arrested Development. I had actually considered that already. I think dramas work better as a marathon. Comedies...not so much. Of course Netflix doesn't have Season 2 of Scandal but I bet they will right before season 3 gets going.
    -Brian

vCash
    Some shows, you just don't get.

Like with me, because I'm an Arrested Development fan, my little brother told me I should check out The Office. He told me it has a similar feel and is very funny. I tried it out and just no. I tried watching multiple episodes from various seasons. It's just not funny at all imo.
    Last edited by Cloudy_Gumdrops; 05-31-2013 at 04:31 AM.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Thursday 5/30/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...nnibal/185146/

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    FOX to air FX's "Anger Management" for 4 weeks starting on June 3 : http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...june-2/185321/

I don't understand how a show can get a "90 episode" pick-up after it's first season. Season 2 has dropped more than 50% from Season 1 ratings.

FOX to re-air Season 1 of "The Following"on Fridays at 9 PM: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

Beginning tonight, THE FOLLOWING, the No. 1 new show of the season, is giving fans and those who missed out on the intense, spellbinding series the first time, a chance to watch all fifteen episodes from the premiere to the finale on Friday nights (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), this summer on FOX.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast