Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I checked the Showcase website -- no online viewing available yet, and they don't do it for all series. Something to do with the rights no doubt.

Online viewing is a last resort, anyway, as far as I'm concerned. The picture quality is so much poorer, you can't ff through the commercials, and until I get some kind of smart TV or streaming device, watching on my laptop is just a bummer compared to my nice 42-inch LCD TV.

But I can be patient and wait for the DVD or full-series download. It's the type of show I like to binge watch, anyway.
    You can hook your laptop to your TV using an HDMI connection cord. Anything you watch on your laptop can be viewed on your big screen tv. My HDMI cord cost about $14. I watch my icenetwork on my big screen tv too. I recommend a wireless mouse to be really spoiled.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Broadcast TV ratings for Sunday 8/04/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ts-low/195516/

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    List of 2013 Fall TV premiere dates:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-dates/195183/

This link will be good when a 2013-2014 Fall TV thread starts. I keep the link in my favorites.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    You can hook your laptop to your TV using an HDMI connection cord. Anything you watch on your laptop can be viewed on your big screen tv. My HDMI cord cost about $14. I watch my icenetwork on my big screen tv too. I recommend a wireless mouse to be really spoiled.
    I know, but that still doesn't resolve the problem of considerably poorer picture & audio quality for streaming content. If I download a good quality copy, I can just put that on a thumb drive and plug it into my BluRay player.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I know, but that still doesn't resolve the problem of considerably poorer picture & audio quality for streaming content.
    I'm still amazed at the poor quality people accept from satellite and cable services. I have 10 over the air channels that I get with my small antenna, and I signed up for the free Shaw Satellite service so that I could get CBC. The network shows are dramatically clearer over the air- to the point that we almost never use the satellite channels.

I find that streaming the shows via my laptop and the HDMI cable is an equivalent quality to cable/satellite.

My big excitement is that the new episodes of Breaking Bad are going to be available weekly in the UK on Netflix, so I'll have to do is change my location. Any good shows or movies on UK Netflix that aren't available on the US version?
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Can you make do with only 23 religious TV stations? Or were there some already available, so you're not running short?
    You so make me laugh! No, I'm not running short. Some were already available and are now duplicated and some are new. And it's not really something that holds my interest. I just find it curious what's available on digital stations.

Besides these new stations are not coming in consistantly.

The 23 are repeats of the same few channels. They come in from different towns. It tends to go in bunches of 5 or 7, so for instance 34.1-34.5 with 34.3 in Spanish and 34.5 as children's programming. The rest are general religious/constantly fundraising. Then 46.1-46.5 is the same thing from somewhere else in Texas. And I can do without all of them. Although I'll have to say the children's station has "Upstairs/Downstairs Bears" which is oddly cute and entertaining with animation stop motion teddy bears. And the very old "The Funny Factory" cartoons. So strange and cute.

skatesindreams:

I think we are considered south of the Bible Belt. Southern Louisiana is more "let the good times roll" and more Catholic than evangelical Protestant (which is what I think these broadcast religious stations are all about).

vCash
    so on tonights Under the Dome, what exactly is the little sparkly egg in the ground? And boo-hiss at killing off the diabetic.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Broadcast TV ratings for Monday 8/05/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ive-up/195650/

INTJ
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    Watching the last of the Orange is the New Black. Wow.
    I just finished the series too. It was pretty intense.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    Won't they show it online like they do for Suits and Continuum?
    FYI, the Showcase schedule for Broadchurch is Sundays AND Mondays - so there may be a bigger delay in getting eps online than for their other shows. I'm not sure how timely they normally are for online availability?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by star_gazer11 View Post
    FYI, the Showcase schedule for Broadchurch is Sundays AND Mondays - so there may be a bigger delay in getting eps online than for their other shows. I'm not sure how timely they normally are for online availability?
    I think you're right, second episode showed last night and Ep 1 and 2 are now on their videos page: http://www.showcase.ca/video#video - Yeah!!

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    TV ratings for Tuesday 8/06/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...way-up/196057/

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    TV ratings for Wednesday 8/07/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...f-down/196280/

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    TV ratings for Thursday 8/08/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...t-down/196420/

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash

vCash
    BTW...How is Siberia the fake reality show doing? I see quite a few people talking about Under The Dome but no one is talking Siberia. Has the show been pulled?
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    A heads up for the Canadians who don’t have Space in their cable package – CTV will start showing Orphan Black this coming Friday: CTV Presents World Broadcast Premiere of Space Original Series ORPHAN BLACK Beginning Aug. 16:

CTV announced today that it will present the world broadcast premiere and first-ever network run of the hit conspiracy thriller ORPHAN BLACK later this summer. The Space original series from Temple Street Productions, produced in partnership with BBC America, will be introduced to new viewers on Friday, Aug. 16 when it begins its first-ever run on a conventional network, leading to a Season 1 finale on CTV in the heat of the fall season in mid-October. The 10-episode, one-hour series will air in primetime Fridays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV (visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times) and on the CTV Mobile channel on Bell Mobile TV.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Was it just me who wondered why Melina didn't stick like glue to the other contestants on the last episode of Whodunit? When they asked to be alone, I'd simply say "no". If they moved, I'd move with them. Whatever info they were to share, I'd be SURE I heard EVERY word. I have NO idea why she walked away from them to go on her own... :confused?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    BTW...How is Siberia the fake reality show doing? I see quite a few people talking about Under The Dome but no one is talking Siberia. Has the show been pulled?
    It's still on, I'm sticking with it even though it's pretty bad. Actually with the last episode or two it's gotten kind of interesting. They took their time setting up the show though, about five episodes. Everything in those five shows should have been done by episode two.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    A heads up for the Canadians who don’t have Space in their cable package – CTV will start showing Orphan Black this coming Friday: CTV Presents World Broadcast Premiere of Space Original Series ORPHAN BLACK Beginning Aug. 16:
    I just came in here to post the same thing.

But then about 30 seconds ago I got a notifications from my library that the DVD copy I requested is in ... so now I can have a binge viewing. Without commercials or cuts. (Good timing: it's supposed to rain here this weekend.)

vCash
    For those of you who watch Nickelodeon, they just cancelled the putrid "Wendell and Vinnie". Poor Jerry Trainor, who was brilliant in iCarly and Drake and Josh, couldn't save this piece of garbage show. Poorly executed and ill-conceived, "Wendell and Vinnie" was a disaster from Ep 1.

And they need to do something to save Sam and Cat. The pilot was OK, but the following ep's have been painfully unfunny.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast