Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    you must have gone for a snack break when they explained that the dome has its own climate - or something. I do know it was definitely NOT raining outside the dome, and the unwieldy explanation was that the poisoned lake had evaporated (through which process had also been conveniently detoxified) and was then returning to the earth as clean, potable rain.
    And don't forget Julia's theory - that the dome is protecting them, that it cares for them.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

Yes, it's cheesy fun. Oh, and the murderer is

Spoiler

You are for giving me the option of spoiling myself! And of course I did. That's who I thought it was after this episode. I think stuffing the shoes was to throw suspicion on the other gender, it seemed a bit obvious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    Broadcast TV ratings for Monday 7/29/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...t-lows/194614/
    I see Siberia isn't doing well. I don't know why I watch this show because it drives me crazy how poorly written it is. Last night they made a big deal about " mysterious " lights in the sky that everyone was terrified of. Seriously? Have none of these people ever heard of northern lights?

vCash
    Sorry, forgot the quote. This is in reply to whoever asked about Whodunit.

Definitely watching and, yes, it certainly is hokey. I am firmly convinced that the killer is a woman and I think it's the girl whose name starts with M. Can never remember it. Melina? The one who has never had a scared card.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    Sorry, forgot the quote. This is in reply to whoever asked about Whodunit.

Definitely watching and, yes, it certainly is hokey. I am firmly convinced that the killer is a woman and I think it's the girl whose name starts with M. Can never remember it. Melina? The one who has never had a scared card.
    I mentioned it. Melina is the contestant who has never had a Scared card.

And she cracks me up with her I'm scared and startled looks. I just keep wanting to ask her if she knows that this is a game?

I loved Giles dancing with that maid and how it freaked out the contestants.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Broadcast TV ratings for Tuesday 7/30/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...apture/194877/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    you must have gone for a snack break when they explained that the dome has its own climate - or something. I do know it was definitely NOT raining outside the dome, and the unwieldy explanation was that the poisoned lake had evaporated (through which process had also been conveniently detoxified) and was then returning to the earth as clean, potable rain.
    I know none of this is supposed to make sense or be logical, but they showed all those people ransacking the grocery store (like people do before a snow storm LOL). I still don't know if every show we see has each been one day or what. But there are a lot of people in that town and I would think they would be out of milk and bread at least. They can't eat the fish in the lake. What are they going to do, start butchering farmers' cows. (If they didn't get chopped in half already. ha ha ha That still makes me cringe at the beginning of each show.) And the insulin. I guess those people will just die when it runs out. Or are they going to wake up one morning and elves will have replenished everything? Yeah, I bet that's it!!!! ;-)

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    no, silly - the dome will replace it. because it's there to protect them! at least, protect the ones who deserve it, I guess?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Twitter:

The Globe and Mail ‏@globeandmail 4m
    From @GlobeArts: How Under the Dome has ‘changed the face of summer television’ http://bit.ly/13wQz9C #TVtonight

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Broadcast TV ratings for Wednesday 7/31/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...t-rise/195084/

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Broadcast TV ratings for Thursday 8/01/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...t-lows/195285/

vCash

Smile NEW DIGITAL CHANNELS for watching old shows

We just had a major bump in the number of digital TV channels up to 77 total thanks to a boost from Texas stations, mostly Houston, also San Antonio and Nacogdoches. We picked up about 23 religious stations (some in English and some in Spanish), 17 Spanish language entertainment stations including the usual Telemundo-Univision-Telefutura, and multiples of PBS. One of the PBS sets had an audio simulcast channel of public radio. I hadn't seen that before. Heard that. U understand.

My favorite new channels show classic TV reruns. Antenna TV or ATV is fun. The M! movie channel looks to show movies just as bad and/or classic as the THIS channel. They had a Jack Lemmon movie on tonight. And
    one station, ION, is showing a MONK marathon on Saturdays. Whee. Monk. I like some of the IonLife programs too. It's a little like Create or LiveWell.

The main problem with these channels is that most of them disappear for hours at a time. They work better at night.

Ok. so not really about new shows. But new stations. Usually when I scan for new channels I get zero. Then one day 11, the next day 23, and so on.

vCash
    BBC America has made the first episode of Broadchurch available online. I found it really interesting and gripping...can't wait for more!

It premieres 08/07 at 10p EDT/9p CDT...check it out.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Broadcast TV ratings for Friday 8/02/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...0-rise/195402/

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    New/Returning Shows for the week of Sunday, August/04/2013 - Saturday, August/10/2013: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...r-2013/183099/

Sunday 8/04/2013:
    RIDE-iculous Travel 8:30 PM

Wednesday 8/07/2013:
    Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles Bravo 9:00 PM

Friday 8/09/2013:
    Strike Back Cinemax 10:00 PM

Saturday 8/10/2013:
    Hell On Wheels AMC 9:00 PM
    White Queen, The Starz 9:00 PM

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    BBC America has made the first episode of Broadchurch available online. I found it really interesting and gripping...can't wait for more!
    For Canadian viewers, it premiers tonight on Showcase.

Really starting to regret dumping my extended cable package now ... oh well, at least there are other ways to *ahem* acquire such shows.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Glide2 View Post
    We just had a major bump in the number of digital TV channels up to 77 total thanks to a boost from Texas stations, mostly Houston, also San Antonio and Nacogdoches. We picked up about 23 religious stations (some in English and some in Spanish)...
    Can you make do with only 23 religious TV stations? Or were there some already available, so you're not running short?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    For Canadian viewers, it premiers tonight on Showcase.

Really starting to regret dumping my extended cable package now ... oh well, at least there are other ways to *ahem* acquire such shows.
    Won't they show it online like they do for Suits and Continuum?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Can you make do with only 23 religious TV stations? Or were there some already available, so you're not running short?
    We don't have that many religious stations available in the southern "Bible Belt" where I am!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    Won't they show [Broadchurch] online like they do for Suits and Continuum?
    I checked the Showcase website -- no online viewing available yet, and they don't do it for all series. Something to do with the rights no doubt.

Online viewing is a last resort, anyway, as far as I'm concerned. The picture quality is so much poorer, you can't ff through the commercials, and until I get some kind of smart TV or streaming device, watching on my laptop is just a bummer compared to my nice 42-inch LCD TV.

But I can be patient and wait for the DVD or full-series download. It's the type of show I like to binge watch, anyway.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast