“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash

Funny article about becoming a coach by JoAnn Schneider Farris

This article is probably obvious to any serious skater but still hilarious to read.

http://shoprainbo.com/rainbo-edge/Wo...h-Ice-Skating/

I received a call from a young man who wished to apply for a job as a skating instructor at the rink. The boy was very enthusiastic about teaching skating, and explained that he had played ice hockey when he was young, but had not skated in awhile and that he was a bit out of practice.

The next day, the young man showed up for our "interview-appointment." I was caught by surprise since he did not own his own skates, and was wearing rental skates! He then struggled to walk in those rental skates towards the ice sheet's entry door when I asked him to show me his skating skills... he figured he would somehow learn to skate once he was hired!

vCash
    Wow. You really can't make this stuff up!

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    It's kind of insulting because it makes you realize there are people out there who think that skating is really easy and must not take that much work (even to become an instructor.)