Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinami Amori View Post
    Go Greece, Go Koza Mostra!

Out of the whole set I trully enjoyed only Greece.
    That was such a great fun song! I can listen to it 20 times....

Thats because you dont understand what they are saying

I couldn't obviously vote for Greece so I voted Romania and hope he wins, our commentator said before Romania's performance, be aware it is not a duet.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash

vCash
    I had such a fun yesterday in a friend´s apartment with Andrey, TAHbKA (they are visiting Finland this week), Hanna and Ritti. We totally disagreed with TAHbKA about the most songs.
    And I can testify that Hanna was not drunk. Don´t believe the drunken Israelis.

I was kind of disappointed to Norway´s performance. Romania, on the other hand - this is what Eurovision should be, totally OTT and some pair skating/ice dancing lifts by faux-nekkid dancers.
    I have not checked today´s Finnish tabloids yet, whagt they say about Krista´s kiss. But what will she do in the final, because this is an old thing now? Maybe there will be the male dancers (whom I did not like) kissing each other? Or two gay priests? (One can always hope.)

vCash
    What a total mess...

Valentina Monetta's performance was excellent. It was interesting, it had drama and vocally it was very strong. Yes the song was old fashioned but it definitely deserved to qualify. It's an absolute disgrace that it didn't. At this point, I'd just withdraw from the contest if I was San Marinian TV.

Macedonia surprised me in that the vocals were decent. Song also wasn't bad. I thought it'd be good enough but I won't cry about it. It creates a very interesting situation now where the votes of the ex-Yugo countries will be really unpredictable since none are in the final.

Azerbeijan has a very strong presentation. Top 5 in the final perhaps?

Malta bored me too death. I blame the juries for it making it into the final.

Bulgaria was just tragic. Elitsa was off key right from the first phrase and the choruses were just painful bad.

Iceland bored me but he has a very good voice.

Greece is probably guaranteed to place top 10 in the final. Shouting alcohol is free might seem fun... if you're twelve years old... What a piece of crap.

Israel didn't do too badly but that song is just so pompous and the delivery was very OTT as well, screamed most of the way through. Also, the most ridiculous styling I have ever seen. Drunk librarian? A nun at a hen night? I am glad it's not in the final.

Armenia actually performed well but that song couldn't have been any more bland. Again, I blame the juries.

Hungary has a very well composed, quirky and charming song but that guy cannot sing at all. It was just painful to hear.

Norway left me in million depressions. My favourite song this year by far, a really sophisticated and edgy composition with slick production. But the performance was very disappointing. Vocally it was just totally off. She needs to do better in the final if she is to even dream about winning (although at this point I can't imagine Denmark losing).

Georgia really surprised me. It's been mentioned to be a dark horse to win by the journalists because the vocals and the presentation are so strong but they messed it up totally. She was painfully off-key most of the time and he was off a bit as well towards the end. Very weak performance.

BYE SWITZERLAND!

Romania in the final? Seriously? Well to be honest, I had A LOT of fun watching that performance. So bad, it's good. Definitely.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 05-17-2013 at 05:14 PM.

vCash
    I actually looked up the lyrics to the Greek song, bc I thought it had something to do with soccer fans, and was shocked to learn that it's actually about a person driving a car who is so drunk that the road seems a sea to him and he is a sailor (well, it's a confusing translation but that's the gist I got). The drunk driver is not afraid of being stopped by police....so, a totally wrong message. Unless.....it's an allegory to Greek economy (i.e. the country is going to hell and not afraid of the policeman, aka the EU CB). If these guys win--and I really think they can with all the former Yugoslavian countries being out and potentially voting for this energy-ethnic-cute guys-free booze number--it would probably be a further strain to their economy, although who knows, maybe it would be a boost.

My favorite was Serbia--the tune is now stuck in my brain, too bad about them not making the final but they only have their crazy costuming, hair, make up to blame. (Of course, the bizarre staging made me read the translation of this song).

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

Valentina Monetta's performance was excellent. It was interesting, it had drama and vocally it was very strong. Yes the song was old fashioned but it definitely deserved to qualify. It's an absolute disgrace that it didn't. At this point, I'd just withdraw from the contest if I was San Marinian TV.
    You're deluded. It was a shit song. Just because something is sung in Italian doesn't make it good.

I will pee myself silly from if this ends up with a lower position than "Facebook uh oh uh oh".
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    It was old-fashioned and it was a typical cheap and pompous Eurovision track. But it was well presented and well performed and out of all of the songs that qualified from Semi 2, there were only two that weren't total shit (Hungary and Norway).

The fact is that ever since semi-finals were introduced, none of the tiny nations have ever managed to qualify. And some of them had songs which were good and/or memorable and/or entertaining.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 05-18-2013 at 02:42 AM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i love the french entry. it was the only one i voted for that wasnt on itunes, at least not at the time, i should go back.

but i still listen to "i love belarus" pretty frequently so what do i know?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    It was old-fashioned and it was a typical cheap and pompous Eurovision track. But it was well presented and well performed
    I must have been watching a different San Marinese song.

The fact is that ever since semi-finals were introduced, none of the tiny nations have ever managed to qualify. And some of them had songs which were good and/or memorable and/or entertaining.
    Memorable or entertaining perhaps. Good? Err no.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Memorable or entertaining perhaps. Good? Err no.
    That was a very decent track (San Marinese also):
    Miodio - Complice

But anyway, it's not like the song being good or not good has much relation to its Eurovision success.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    OK, then. How about liked by as many viewers as possible?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    OK, then. How about liked by as many viewers as possible?
    Only we don't know the breakdown of the televote and the jury votes. And those countries don't have any diaspora to support them.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112