Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Have loved this show for years but don't get the decisions they're making, especially on the male dancers. Diversity would seem to demand they would want some good-looking, sexy guys; this year seems to be all about quirky street performers or people who cry and tell sob stories.

vCash
    More Bersten brothers please! Actually, I love all the remaining ballroom guys and hope we get at least 3 of them in the top 20.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    Have loved this show for years but don't get the decisions they're making, especially on the male dancers. Diversity would seem to demand they would want some good-looking, sexy guys; this year seems to be all about quirky street performers or people who cry and tell sob stories.
    they've been creeping toward the sob stories for years, and I really hate it, but on what planet are "good looking, sexy guys" on television "diverse"? I just hope we get at least 2 of the 4 remaining ballroom guys in the top 20.

no surprise they kept both animators - but will they pull that stunt twice, i.e. are they both going to be in the top 20? I doubt it. I prefer Jade, and he did get more airtime tonight, but this does seem to be the Season of Cyrus 2.0. Lordy, Jasmine is a lovely dancer, but I don't want her in the top 20 because I'm already SICK TO DEATH of her poor liddle bwoken heart and don't want to hear it all summer long.

I really like FikShun, and I think the tall broken back guy is still there. The only women who made any impression on me at all were Jasmine and Meleeeese, neither of whom I'm crazy about. The rest just looked like dancecompbots. I did like Jennifer who looked like a blonde Jennifer Beals, but she was cut. And we lost the bowl dancer

Why on earth was the Lea Michele lookalike (guest judge) there?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I did like Jennifer who looked like a blonde Jennifer Beals, but she was cut.
    She must've really blown the contemporary round in a big way because I don't understand the decision to cut her. She was so fantastic and so LOOKED the part. If they let the animators dance for their lives, why not her?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    The blond who was dropped on her head has very lovely legs, but doesn't express much from the center.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Where to begin about the desperation to create injuries and emotional outbursts. I call bs on Sonya Tayeh. I'm sure the making them dance all night wasn't her idea -- that stupidity no doubt goes to Nigel -- but she agreed to it. It was inevitable someone would get hurt. Hope that money shot of the girl being dropped on her head made them happy. Frankly, I find the poor girl to be an utterly boring dancer, but hey she got to be star of the Vegas week show. I'm sure these kids sign releases so Fox can't get sued if they suffer career ending injuries. Everyone involved in endangering dancers to create bogus drama deserves be fired.

And please please stop making Cyrus' ex gf cry. Enough mining her sadness at a failed relationship. Someone needs to tell her she's 19 and that's part of life.

vCash
    I basically just started watching the episode but I'm completely unimpressed with Malece. She's cute but very immature as a dancer. Don't know what they see in her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    She must've really blown the contemporary round in a big way because I don't understand the decision to cut her. She was so fantastic and so LOOKED the part. If they let the animators dance for their lives, why not her?
    If she blew a round that was so close to her own training and style (ballet and jazz background) I think that's very different than an animator blowing jazz or contemporary. Maybe if she'd screwed up hip-hop it would have made sense to have her dance for her life...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    They give them what they describe is the hardest jazz routine in auditions, and then the judges are so "surprised" the dancers don't get it in an hour and go into disapproving parent mode?

The whole concept of having an exhausted group of dancers, many of whom, if not most of whom, have very little experience in partnering, stay up all night to practice with little professional oversight and no individual coaching -- which they'd have in the show itself -- is a recipe for injury, especially when they know the group thing is coming the next night, and they'll be up all night again.

No wonder they don't allow in anyone under the age of 18.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    I basically just started watching the episode but I'm completely unimpressed with Malece. She's cute but very immature as a dancer. Don't know what they see in her.
    She's young, blond, and cute. Exactly Nigel's taste. It seems like he has one every season.

The idea that it's smart for the dancers not to get any sleep is ridiculous. In addition to risking injury, there's a good argument to be made that it's counterproductive. Lots of people would not be able to learn when they're that tired and would not be able to perform well because they are so tired. It makes sense to get some sleep. It doesn't show laziness or a lack of commitment.

Count me as another one who does not like them asking that girl about Cyrus, though I'm guessing it's partly her fault. At this point, her identity with viewers is not as a good dancer, but a dumped girl feeling sorry for herself and pathetically sharing it with millions of viewers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Count me as another one who does not like them asking that girl about Cyrus, though I'm guessing it's partly her fault. At this point, her identity with viewers is not as a good dancer, but a dumped girl feeling sorry for herself and pathetically sharing it with millions of viewers.
    I want to know when that video of her with Cyrus that they keep showing was shot. If they broke up when he was doing the show last year or on tour, how did they just happen to have some incredibly professional looking video?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    The whole concept of having an exhausted group of dancers, many of whom, if not most of whom, have very little experience in partnering, stay up all night to practice with little professional oversight and no individual coaching -- which they'd have in the show itself -- is a recipe for injury, especially when they know the group thing is coming the next night, and they'll be up all night again.
    It's really irresponsible. The show simply must provide medical care to those who are injured - I know they probably sign a waiver, but dancers often do not have health insurance (although a lot of these are kids who are most likely still on their parents' plans), unless they are part of a professional ballet company.

Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    She's young, blond, and cute. Exactly Nigel's taste. It seems like he has one every season.
    the one difference is she's got short hair. He's branching out.

She seemed surprised that they made her go on about it in her initial audition, but last night she was right there - I'm guessing that they either have flat out told her to keep up that storyline, or she's figured out that's her ticket to get in the top 20. On the one hand, I don't blame her, but it's not going to get people to vote for her.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    I want to know when that video of her with Cyrus that they keep showing was shot. If they broke up when he was doing the show last year or on tour, how did they just happen to have some incredibly professional looking video?
    I'm trying to remember if this was part of Cyrus' audition package last year. The cynic in me thought from the very first time they showed it that they asked the two of them to make the video after the auditions.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I can't believe how quickly they got down to 33 contestants last night. Looks like a great season though

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    haven't watched it yet! Got it tivo'd, but now I have a conference call tonight for work. BOOOOO!!!!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    haven't watched it yet! Got it tivo'd, but now I have a conference call tonight for work. BOOOOO!!!!
    You train young dancers, and I'd be interested in hearing your take on the Armen scrum.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    What happened to Toshi and Nerd guy. Too bad the Exorcist got hurt in a car accident and couldn't make it.

I didn't like Malece either. Very rough around the edges. She can hit positions, but she can't control transitions at all. No power.

I think it is ridiculous to make them stay up all night two nights in a row and practice on concrete. Ridiculous. Just because you made them sign releases does not mean you should do that to young people. Someone could get seriously hurt. I hope it is just fake editing, but the thought makes me mad.

This links has the names of the top 33:

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/sytycd-10-...-live-blog.htm
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    What happened to Toshi and Nerd guy. Too bad the Exorcist got hurt in a car accident and couldn't make it.
    oh no! I missed the 1st half hour of the show. I hope he's ok

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    What happened to Toshi and Nerd guy.
    Nerd guy got cut right off the bat. They did their solos upon arrival and some people never even got a room key. They were sent straight home. He was one of those. Toshi got cut after one of the choreography rounds. Don't remember if it was jazz or ballroom.

Exorcist guy's gf came to Las Vegas and was cut immediately, but she seemed upbeat. Hopefully, he's okay.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I don't train them myself, but I watch them being trained on a daily basis. Will gladly give my opinion, however, it might taken a bit. I don't get to watch on regular intervals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Nerd guy got cut right off the bat. They did their solos upon arrival and some people never even got a room key. They were sent straight home. He was one of those. Toshi got cut after one of the choreography rounds. Don't remember if it was jazz or ballroom.
    He got cut right after hip hop.

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast